Home

How do you RATE Madden 16 among ALL the Maddens of All Time?

This is a discussion on How do you RATE Madden 16 among ALL the Maddens of All Time? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-18-2016, 09:26 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
How do you RATE Madden 16 among ALL the Maddens of All Time?

Now that the newness has worn off and we have almost an entire season to let the game bake in...Im curious to how all you feel this game rates in the anals of all the Maddens?....Of course, you want to consider the entire package, not just graphics.....Gameplay, rating seperations, interactive feel, immersiveness, franchise depth, fun factor, etc, etc....

Ill start it off.....

In all honesty, Im disappointed a bit with this years game and the continuous lack of dynamic variety, player seperation in ratings and in on the field performances. Too much carbon copy gameplay that really just doesnt demand alot (or any) specific strategic planning to prepare for different teams...They all follow the same blueprints. Despite the fact that the game has this enhanced true physics engine, the game's variety still lacks dynamic play and unfolds the same way with these wonky looking quirky movements only slightly varying at the very end of these marrionet puppet tackles.

I loaded up Madden 08 and 10 on the PS3 just to revisit these old games for a change of pace and man...I have to say, those games aged VERY ...VERY welll!!

Madden 08 players had a very smooth and grounded physics engine that really felt tight and demonstrated great sense of weight. Players made solid contact with each other and didnt warp...When you hit a player, the correct resulting animations would folllow as you would expect...Great game!

Madden 10, had a wonderfullly balanced sense of player seperation and proportion to the entire field....Players got open on pass plays and were able to realistically seperate downfield....The lom motion physics engine really gave a realistic sensation of fighting for that extra yardage without resulting in these wierd distorted arm bar silent gumby tackles that we see today. The kick return game also had some nice seperation as well

Both games offered that wonderful old school Franchise menu where everything could easily be accessed from the right side of the screen in a vertical menu that was easily layed out

You could jump into any franchise teams game on the schedule and see there win loss record in the Schedule screen as well!! It didnt take an act of congress to jump into another teams matchup just to play one random Monday Night game on the schedule!

So my picks for the favorite Maddens of all time are still

Madden 10 and Madden 8 (Also enjoyed 2004 and 2005 as well from years ago)

But Madden 16 may not even be better than 15, and 25 inmo......What do you guys think?

Oh btw, there is a real life website running a Best Madden Leaderboard where you can actually see the top maddens of all time ranked live.....Im not sure if I agree with the top 5 tho

Im not sure if Im aloud to post the link to that ranking site or not so forgive me if this isnt allowed, please remove it if so, but keep this post for others to post their opinions here please...I'd love to know what everyone else thinks

http://www.ranker.com/list/madden-nf...ideo-game-info
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2016, 09:28 PM   #2
Banned

Re: How do you RATE Madden 16 among ALL the Maddens of All Time?

Out of the ones I've played it's:
Madden 16
Madden 12
Madden 10

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
Old 01-18-2016, 09:31 PM   #3
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Game play wise, Madden 16 by a long shot.

Madden 10 would be next, followed by Madden 12

CFM wise, Madden 16, not so much.

Last edited by roadman; 01-18-2016 at 09:33 PM.
Old 01-18-2016, 10:02 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Game play wise, Madden 16 by a long shot.

Madden 10 would be next, followed by Madden 12

CFM wise, Madden 16, not so much.
Yeah cfm is kinda ****ty. But madden 16s gameplay is just so much better that I couldn't go back to 12. I do miss the control that you had in 12 tho.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
Old 01-18-2016, 10:18 PM   #5
Pro

Trick13's Arena

Gameplay = Madden 16, still has issues but I finally feel like it is getting somewhere...

Total game - Madden 06/07 (PS2 version) -

Had the best mix of features and so on - defensive assignments, custom sub packages (which are form subs on HGH and steroids), delayed blitzes, individual QB contain (blitz left side contain right), had custom playbook with play editor, had built in double team plays (one of my top 3 annoyingly missing gameplay items) and an amazingly deep franchise mode with player roles, morale, holdouts and so on, but did not force me to waste countless hours "assigning points" for progression or scouting!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2016, 12:38 AM   #6
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

1. Madden 16-gameplay wise,like others said,franchise could be better
2.Madden 12-played the crap out of this version-love the control/editing.
3.Madden 08(PC version)love the mods and editing ability
4.Madden 10-the game that brought me back,tried playing this a year ago and doesn't hold up compared to '12.
5.Madden 05-07-love the franchise in these games but game play over the years has evolved more than some remember.
Old 01-19-2016, 02:05 AM   #7
Go Pack Go!!

NateDogPack12's Arena

What about 32-team control in the older titles? If Madden 08 had a utility that allowed you to switch between offenses in franchise mode, it would be about the perfect setup. As it stands now, the convenient team switching capability without having to save the game and re-load it only works in Exhibition.

If I remember correctly, you couldn't control more than one team in Madden 10 of Madden 12.

Am I wrong?
Old 01-19-2016, 07:29 AM   #8
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Madden 16 - gameplay by a long country mile.

Madden 2005

Madden 2007

Those three are clearly the best the series ever offered IMO in regards to gameplay and total package. I have put more hours into 2005/2007 and 2016 than all others (save for the legendary 93 which was a staple in my apartment and provided countless hours of insane fun among my friends).

If you want to get nostalgic I will throw in these two:

Madden 93

Madden 99

I did enjoy Madden 25 on the previous console more than any other offering on the PS3 (10 had too many bug's, 12 get's too much credit because of a revitalized franchise mode but the gameplay was to me quite stale and the passing game just bad, pinball tackling, sterile franchise with no life, play by play was unlistenable, it got boring fast).
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »