Home

How do you enjoy Madden?

This is a discussion on How do you enjoy Madden? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2016, 02:24 PM   #41
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: How do you enjoy Madden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronS444
Never know.

Pretty solid way to generate funds for members of their Union.

.. especially those with failing health.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
True, but I wouldn't get your hopes up, especially when the NFLPA announced the strong relationship a few years ago.

It sounded like they wouldn't do anything to break that relationship.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2016, 02:31 PM   #42
Banned

AaronS444's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
It sounded like they wouldn't do anything to break that relationship.

Why would it break them up?

John Elway, Barry Sanders, Jerry Rice and others have already been down the road without any ramifications. The limit were on studios end. They were only willing to pay so many players.

But I don't think APF was a large enough endeavor. Had they gone with a broader brushstroke, they might have had more success.

Look at the all classic rosters out there. With such limited create-ability options. There is a VERY large audience for a game like this. I just hope another studio is forward-thinking enough to capitalize.

Old 02-23-2016, 02:46 PM   #43
Banned

AaronS444's Arena

Quote:
I understand your frustration, but it's not marginal for a lot of people on this site. Critics of the past are still playing the game, which says something.

What I'm most interested in; Franchise mode. And it is universally accepted that it is, and has been, a complete joke. For YEARS.

Gameplay, yah probably the best ever. But that doesn't mean much to me. I had fun playing Tecmo. The Madden version I played most; PRE-PS2.

Gameplay = bragging rights for me. I beat my brothers and nephews. Makes for some good laughs. But a meaningful gaming experience? No. Not by a long shot.

I do believe that is what EA cares most about. A football arcade game which sells a zillion copies yearly. And that's fine. That's their right. Perhaps that is where the NFL steers them as well.

But I'm looking elsewhere for what I want in a football sim. Beacuse it's clear to me EA won't deliver what I'm looking for.

Old 02-23-2016, 02:49 PM   #44
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
What I'm most interested in; Franchise mode. And it is universally accepted that it is, and has been, a complete joke. For YEARS.

Gameplay, yah probably the best ever. But that doesn't mean much to me. I had fun playing Tecmo. The Madden version I played most; PRE-PS2.

Gameplay = bragging rights for me. I beat my brothers and nephews. Makes for some good laughs. But a meaningful gaming experience? No. Not by a long shot.

I do believe that is what EA cares most about. A football arcade game which sells a zillion copies yearly. And that's fine. That's their right. Perhaps that is where the NFL steers them as well.

But I'm looking elsewhere for what I want in a football sim. Beacuse it's clear to me EA won't deliver what I'm looking for.

Actually, no, this year I am getting competitive games from the CPU.

You may get your wish for Madden 17. Rex said CFM and commentary needed to be an area of focus for Madden 17.

You won't get anyone to disagree with you on the lackluster CFM, but game play, it's not an arcade fest as you would describe.

I don't know how if you don't have the game you can claim it's an arcade game??

Last edited by roadman; 02-23-2016 at 02:59 PM.
Old 02-23-2016, 03:02 PM   #45
Banned

AaronS444's Arena

Quote:
Actually, no, this year I am getting competitive games from the CPU.

You may get your wish for Madden 17. Rex said CFM and commentary needed to an area of focus for Madden 17.

You won't get anyone to disagree with you on the lackluster CFM, but game play, it's not an arcade fest as you would describe.

I don't know how if you don't have the game you can claim it's an arcade game??

I bought 15. I enjoy the gameplay. But that's it. I play 16 weekly at the very least with my brothers and their sons.

"arcade game" might be a poor choice of words. But that's what the game is to me considering all EA seems to care about is player v player modes.

A game with no features or depth is an arcade game to me.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2016, 03:08 PM   #46
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
I bought 15. I enjoy the gameplay. But that's it. I play 16 weekly at the very least with my brothers and their sons.

"arcade game" might be a poor choice of words. But that's what the game is to me considering all EA seems to care about is player v player modes.

A game with no features or depth is an arcade game to me.

Yep, I get that, what is a arcade game to you might be different in other peoples books.

Game play with the CPU in CFM has kept me in Madden until at least late February for me. I am usually done before or after the holidays.

Your last sentence should change for 17.

And finally, this year, it's just not player vs player, it's also good for user vs cpu.

Last edited by roadman; 02-23-2016 at 03:40 PM.
Old 02-23-2016, 03:56 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 3

I currently play an online franchise with 2 of my buddies but i have been thinking of starting a 2nd online franchise by myself. Sometimes it takes my buddies a week to play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »