Home

All new computer cheese

This is a discussion on All new computer cheese within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2016, 11:47 PM   #17
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: All new computer cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
They should just have real time player substitutions. Then you don't need to simulate any time.
As in, if my previous play call was in 12 personnel (typical base Ace personnel) and my next call is an empty set (either 01 or 00), I have to sit and wait for the previous formation personnel to leave the playing field and the new personnel to enter the huddle before my team breaks the huddle to call a play?

No thanks.

Go ahead and call me not sim, but this is one area where (in my opinion) video game user experience wins out over authenticity, and big time at that. In a one-player user-vs-CPU game, even a five-second forced wait from the time I call my play to the time I leave the huddle waiting for players to interchange would be absolutely obnoxious and disruptive to my overall experience playing the game, and I'm absolutely sure I wouldn't be alone in that regard.

I'll also argue that, in every area of the game outside of the four-minute offense window, accelerated clock takes care of the effect of this function, albeit in a different manner. This obviously leaves opens the instant field goal problem - the subject of this thread - which is something I hope Tiburon addresses at some point because it does come off as kinda cheap.

One way I could see this working, to be fair, is if we had the ability to script drives before a game and/or call multiple plays in a sequence from the play call menu, which as far as I know is an entirely different paradigm than what has existed for play calling in just about every modern console sports game to-date.

Last edited by CM Hooe; 02-19-2016 at 11:50 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »