Home

Love the game, except for a couple things...

This is a discussion on Love the game, except for a couple things... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2016, 09:03 AM   #1
Rookie

JCLII's Arena

OVR: 0
Love the game, except for a couple things...

MY small gripes:

No in game save.
The wind is ridiculous.
Sometimes my players stats are not among the league leaders, especially on defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2016, 09:54 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Love the game, except for a couple things...

In game save is there but it's automatic. This is true for XBOX1 anyway.
Old 02-18-2016, 12:26 PM   #3
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCLII
MY small gripes:

No in game save.
The wind is ridiculous.
Sometimes my players stats are not among the league leaders, especially on defense.

1) You get in game saves if you close down the "app" during a game (PS4, don't know about Xbone)
2) In what way ridiculous?
3) Yes I have that too, I suspect it's down to snaps played or something like that? They cant show every players stats in the summary screen, so I suspect it filters the top performers amongst the top "downs played" players...

You could of asked some of this in the Q/A thread
Old 02-18-2016, 01:54 PM   #4
Rookie

JCLII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geodude
1) You get in game saves if you close down the "app" during a game (PS4, don't know about Xbone)
2) In what way ridiculous?
3) Yes I have that too, I suspect it's down to snaps played or something like that? They cant show every players stats in the summary screen, so I suspect it filters the top performers amongst the top "downs played" players...

You could of asked some of this in the Q/A thread
Shutting off the game on xbone will allow me to load the game where I left off, but this causes problems with stats disappearing and such. Mainly sacks, INT's and FF's for the defense.

I regularly have 12-15 mph winds in my games. If you are kicking into the wind it makes it tough to make anything over 40 yards or so. Also makes kickoffs sail out of the endzone. It's not a HUGE gripe, but I feel like there should be some games where the wind is a bit calmer.
Old 02-18-2016, 05:36 PM   #5
Rookie

I agree with the wind. Almost every outdoor game has fairly significant wind.

The defensive player stats thing is a legacy issue going on 4+ years. I've reported it every year, and it would seem to be a pretty simple fix. As pointed out, it is the fact that the downs played for "played" games even with 15 minute quarters is often lower than sim games, and the threshold they set for the stat on defense is way too high. We have the opposite problem on offense where QB's with 1-2 games worth of stats will show up in QBR leader categories even at the end of the year. It's honestly appalling that this hasn't been fixed.

*Wow, I looked it up and I actually reported the stat bug on these forums back in 2012 (and it went back further than that).

Last edited by Melicant; 02-18-2016 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Looked up Bug Date
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2016, 05:13 AM   #6
Rookie

ednaaard's Arena

I'm making a presumption from your avatar here OP, but isn't Heinz Field one of the windiest stadiums in the NFL, and one of the toughest for kickers?
Old 02-19-2016, 05:20 AM   #7
Banned

I love the game, too. But I have way more gripes than this. There are A LOT of things wrong and/or missing in this game. But I'd drop every complaint if the offensive line blocking were finally corrected to work with proper assignment adherence and proper intelligence (i.e. not missing blocks RIGHT in front of them consistently), because that's been a problem since Madden 2006 on XBOX 360, at least.
Old 02-19-2016, 05:58 AM   #8
Rookie

JCLII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ednaaard
I'm making a presumption from your avatar here OP, but isn't Heinz Field one of the windiest stadiums in the NFL, and one of the toughest for kickers?
Yes it is, but I also play away games and have the same issue.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »