Home

Predicting New Madden 17 Features

This is a discussion on Predicting New Madden 17 Features within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-21-2016, 04:18 PM   #33
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Predicting New Madden 17 Features

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
I see you are thinking the same as me. "If NCAA can do it, why can't madden?" You think they would have employed some NCAA guys after it was shut down a few years ago.
If my memory serves correctly - the Madden team absorbed a good chunk of the NCAA Football team when that franchise was put on the rocks, and the core gameplay teams of the two games had been previously combined anyway.
Old 02-21-2016, 04:22 PM   #34
MVP

Toupal's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
If my memory serves correctly - the Madden team absorbed a good chunk of the NCAA Football team when that franchise was put on the rocks, and the core gameplay teams of the two games had been previously combined anyway.
That does me good knowing they're employed.
Old 02-21-2016, 04:36 PM   #35
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingd803
This thread is so disappointing. Many people are saying a lil tweek here a lil tweek there and they'll be happy. This is why madden is so far behind. We as a community simply do don't demand enough from EA.
Who in this thread is doing that?

So far in this thread I see the following things -

- equipment overhaul
- revamped coaches challenges
- individual defensive assignments
- special teams overhaul
- in-game CFM highlight reels
- full-fledged roster editing in CFM (presumably including controls to prevent rogue players from wrecking multiplayer CFMs)
- per-player and per-archetype signature animations and behaviors
- "better defensive AI", which could mean any number of things
- dynamic injuries in CFM
- improved CPU roster management in CFM
- restricted free agency gameplay mechanics in CFM
- preseason position battles
- 22-player "True Step"
- CFM in-game ticker
- formation substitutions UI

These are all big- and medium-ticket items. Who's not demanding enough?

Quote:
For me madden 16 was unplayable. Why would I play a football game that simply doesn't play as good a 10 year older games? I refuse to do it. Madden is at least 10 years behind where it should be. That is a fact.
I am sorry that you didn't enjoy Madden NFL 16. Really, I am. I hope that the game makes changes going forward to increase what you get out of it. That said, M16 was the best-received Madden game by this community in literally a decade. I don't think your opinion is representative of the majority of this forum.

Madden is still missing some things - as a CFM fan, I know it's missing plenty - but the "Madden is ten years behind" narrative just doesn't fly anymore. If you wish to play other games, that's your prerogative.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2016, 07:28 PM   #36
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
This thread is so disappointing. Many people are saying a lil tweek here a lil tweek there and they'll be happy. This is why madden is so far behind. We as a community simply do don't demand enough from EA.

For me madden 16 was unplayable. Why would I play a football game that simply doesn't play as good a 10 year older games? I refuse to do it. Madden is at least 10 years behind where it should be. That is a fact.

***please excuse the many different typos. On mobile
I understand what you are saying, but not everyone feels the same way as you do about this years game play. Other stuff like defensive assignments, CFM, special teams, presentation, yeah, that stuff is lacking.

Take a look at the slider forum, the game plays a good game of football on default sliders this year. Many people critical of Maddens game play in the past have stated that it plays a good football game this year.

When it comes to opinions like that, it's to each their own.

Not sure what the 2k forums have to do with Madden 17 features, but if you really want to go there, there are issues that are brought up on a daily/weekly basis there and people will chime in and agree or there are people who will disagree and say they are nitpicking.

Last edited by roadman; 02-21-2016 at 10:35 PM.
Old 02-22-2016, 12:14 PM   #37
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
... there are people who will disagree and say they are nitpicking.
We are nitpicking once we get away from requests for things that speak to core football, but I say we SHOULD be nitpicking when so many of the things we ask for were in football games before including older Madden's.
Old 02-22-2016, 01:32 PM   #38
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_isBringingSexyBack
We are nitpicking once we get away from requests for things that speak to core football, but I say we SHOULD be nitpicking when so many of the things we ask for were in football games before including older Madden's.
Agree on the surface, but there are so many people that can't agree with everything from the past.
Old 02-23-2016, 12:53 PM   #39
Pro

More better Franchise would be better and more dynamic weather

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
Old 02-23-2016, 01:06 PM   #40
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:

There is zero reason why madden in 2016 does not have recap shows like NFL2k5. Zero excuse for that. It is 2016.

Zero excuses as we do not have a frabchise mode as deep as Madden 2005. AT LEAST AS GOOD.

Most importantly. Why does APF STILL animate SO much better than madden in 2016?!?

Then you have games like nba2k16 that let you customize everything you want. No excuses as to why madden can't do that.

Football is THE most popular sport in America. There is nothing like it. And yet we're stuck with a game that is so far behind in every aspect compared to its peers. And 10 years behind compared to its former self and its peers.

these are all facts. When I visit the NBA2k forums these guys get upset about every little detail. "What's his face hair isn't right" and when you ask for stuff like that here in madden people respond calling you a nitpicker and tell you how ganeplay is more important.

In the NBA 2k forums people break down players jumpshots and dribble moves but in madden every player shares the same animations. Every QB shares the same throwing motion. Every running back runs the same way.

We have got to start demanding more. Madden has ten years worth of features to add just to get back to zero. From being in the negative. Football deserves the best possible game it can get. There is no reason any other past football game should still do ANYTHING better than the next madden does. It's 2016. Madden should be blowing every sports game outta the water.

Please start demanding more or else it'll never change.

***please excuse the many different typos. On mobile
I totally understand what you are saying. But the reality is that it is what it is with Madden. I could go on for days over all I want back in Madden. I have. But, still, here we are. At this point I feel like they know what we want, it just comes down to if that jives with their creative vision for the game and I have come to accept that. It's why I typically stay away from Madden Wishlists and the forum all together. Everything that can be said, has been. I don't particularly like it, but what use is it complaining every year? I enjoy Madden for what it's worth and move on. At the same rate, I spend a significant amount of gaming time playing NBA 2K for the reasons you mentioned. I used to be that way with Madden. However, the game has made tremendous strides this generation. I really has. The first few years of the 360/PS3 era were just dreadful. So that makes me cautiously optimistic. And I'll take one bite at a time to get back to where we were on the XB/PS2 era. Lets just keep the momentum going in the right direction.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »