Home

The Broncos' Defense Dominated Super Bowl 50, But Can't in Madden

This is a discussion on The Broncos' Defense Dominated Super Bowl 50, But Can't in Madden within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-12-2016, 04:34 PM   #73
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Broncos' Defense Dominated Super Bowl 50, But Can't in Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
^^^ In Regards to the OL blocking still being bad in Madden, I have to agree 110%...And it doesn't matter the AWR or Pass or Run block ratings; there are many missed blocks that are so badly missed, you would never even see it in the NFL, by the worst OL player.

I hope EA/Tiburon continue to work at making the OL/DL interaction better..It has gotten better in the past couple years, but still needs a lot of attention.
I def agree with this but at the same time there are still too many instances of sub par pass blockers stone walling elite pass rushers. The problem is there no reasons to make adjustments, in real football when a good pass rushers goes against a sub par pass blocker there is help in terms of chips, doubles, and slides. These simply aren't in madden( the chip block animation is but there is no way to actually call it and set it up).
Old 04-13-2016, 02:56 AM   #74
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
^^^ In Regards to the OL blocking still being bad in Madden, I have to agree 110%...And it doesn't matter the AWR or Pass or Run block ratings; there are many missed blocks that are so badly missed, you would never even see it in the NFL, by the worst OL player.

I hope EA/Tiburon continue to work at making the OL/DL interaction better..It has gotten better in the past couple years, but still needs a lot of attention.

1) This is largely do to using old school code that uses a static radius metric in regard/relation to the "LOS" for each blocking position on the "OL" to give a perception of a formed "pocket/arc".

- that's why "C" are rarely driven backwards, as there radius from the LOS is very small.
- G's have a slightly larger radius than C, but not much.
- T's have the greatest radius (which is why they're the only position that has blocking interaction that extends more than 4 yrds behind the LOS)

The OL will not break away from this "pocket" forming rule.
OL, TE's and RB's will slide and/or break out of blocking interactions to fulfill.
- even the RB's have a set radius and will not be driven backwards further than for the sake of the "pocket".

2) Reacting needs to be reversed.
- currently the DL/OLB's react only after the OL has moved.
- there is a very visible delay by the DL when the ball is snapped so the rule can take affect.
- even "Jump Snap" is marginalized to adhere to the rule.
- DL should lead into blocking interactions, not the OL.

3) Timing needs to be tuned (relating this with the OP)
- QB drop back is way too fast in relation to the defensive rush.
- this throws everything off because both AI and Hum QB's are "waiting" as the other aspects of the play, play catch up.

Much of the frustration is just dealing with aspects of "old code" that limit/hinder the desires they want to achieve.

Hopefully we will see a huge jump/change in M17!!!
Old 04-13-2016, 06:03 PM   #75
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
1) This is largely do to using old school code that uses a static radius metric in regard/relation to the "LOS" for each blocking position on the "OL" to give a perception of a formed "pocket/arc".

- that's why "C" are rarely driven backwards, as there radius from the LOS is very small.

- G's have a slightly larger radius than C, but not much.

- T's have the greatest radius (which is why they're the only position that has blocking interaction that extends more than 4 yrds behind the LOS)

The OL will not break away from this "pocket" forming rule.

OL, TE's and RB's will slide and/or break out of blocking interactions to fulfill.

- even the RB's have a set radius and will not be driven backwards further than for the sake of the "pocket".

2) Reacting needs to be reversed.

- currently the DL/OLB's react only after the OL has moved.

- there is a very visible delay by the DL when the ball is snapped so the rule can take affect.

- even "Jump Snap" is marginalized to adhere to the rule.

- DL should lead into blocking interactions, not the OL.

3) Timing needs to be tuned (relating this with the OP)

- QB drop back is way too fast in relation to the defensive rush.

- this throws everything off because both AI and Hum QB's are "waiting" as the other aspects of the play, play catch up.

Much of the frustration is just dealing with aspects of "old code" that limit/hinder the desires they want to achieve.

Hopefully we will see a huge jump/change in M17!!!

Given the scope of what needs to be addressed, I'm not optimistic of a huge jump happening, but I do hope that at least some of the most static elements will be improved in some fashion.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2016, 01:46 AM   #76
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Given the scope of what needs to be addressed, I'm not optimistic of a huge jump happening, but I do hope that at least some of the most static elements will be improved in some fashion.
You may be right unfortunately, given the fact that they brought in Clint O. to overhaul the line play and all they've done for three years is implement band-aids within the limits of the system and not address the real issues, the entire line-play system needs to be scrapped and rebuilt, this area is where NFL 2K5 and APF 2K8 absolutly crushes Madden.
Old 04-26-2016, 11:24 AM   #77
Rookie

Allball76's Arena

I'll say it again ratings make a big difference if the avg starting WR was a 65 overall and a back up was a 55 and bad players were 45 ! And then you had say Chris Harris rated at a 87 to 89 all on a hall of fame rating scale . And same with linemen a avg line that has a mixture of 60 to 70 rated linemen vs a Denver defense that had a 91 Von Miller and a Demarcus ware rated about 80 to 85 ! You would see a big difference ! I have made rosters like this and tested it I took 2 teams and re did then and I seen the results ! I seen the QB inaccuracy again witch diaper after the patches . Yes the ai still needs twitching but just reworking the whole rating scale will change things the player are just too close in ratings right now ! The 84 offense linemen vs a 99 j.j watt is just too close and when they tune the pass rush it's makes it so all players get pressure or no players get pressure ! Vs it should be certain players always get pressure those elite guys ! If QB accuracy matter more and defense stood out more ,then aggressive catches wouldn't matter as much because my Revis that would be rated a 86-89 vs your starting WR that's a 62 would lose the battle 9/10 times but it be same vise versa . Dez Bryant on this scale be a 85 to 89 WR vs your 65 overall corner you be in trouble and better double team him .I say start with a whole new rating system it works it really dose . It's time consuming to relate every player on ever team but you can tell the difference !

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGamer94
You may be right unfortunately, given the fact that they brought in Clint O. to overhaul the line play and all they've done for three years is implement band-aids within the limits of the system and not address the real issues, the entire line-play system needs to be scrapped and rebuilt, this area is where NFL 2K5 and APF 2K8 absolutly crushes Madden.

Last edited by Allball76; 04-26-2016 at 11:51 AM.
Old 08-14-2016, 07:16 PM   #78
Rookie

Mad 69's Arena

OVR: 10
I don't even bother playing defense - I super sim D and just play off offense. Too frustrating trying to work the D.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »