Home

Misleading title re: Equipment Updates (resolved by Rex on Twitter)

This is a discussion on Misleading title re: Equipment Updates (resolved by Rex on Twitter) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2016, 02:18 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: So No Equipment Update for M17 :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloobloouk
I get tired of the endless comparisons to NFL2K5 and MLB15. I will readily concede that Madden is behind the curve, but just because another game can do it doesn't automatically mean another can. Each game has its own engine, with its own limitations - insisting that "Madden can do it because X did" is like saying it is stupid that you have to put petrol in a Porsche 911 because a Tesla Model S doesn't need any. Hopefully these limitations will be overcome in time, but we need to accept that the ONLY similarity between NFL2K5 and Madden is that they are both football games, they share no common code and therefore you cannot assume one can do exactly the same as they other.

I agree that the lack of progress in this area is disapointing, but there are far more pressing concerns for the M17 than ensuring that everyone can dress players exactly as they'd like. I'd rather see better O-line play and better play calling by AI than ensuring that each player looks authentic while I decimate an AI opponent by 30+ points every week.
Great post, but here is my beef with it.

Theyve been working with this same code since they started making Madden 06 in late 2004. They then carried it into a new generation. Some of the things we complain about being missing were in other Maddens over that time to now but got taken out, then put back in, then taken out again.

I want o-line play to be straight too, thats my #1 thing, but thats been broken for the same amount of time that all of these other problems have been a problem. They made big claims during the Madden 25 campaign that o-line blocking was fixed so advanced (cant forget the commercials), even Clint Oldenburg proclaimed o-line blocking in Madden to be the best ever on Twitter. We all know that none of that is the case after playing the game, we all know o-line blocking is broken, but the bigger point here player is that if they addressed it to the degree they claim they have and its still messed up then prolly they cant fix it. So why not just address this mountain of little details instead? I find it hard to believe that this would be harder to do than somethin as complex as offensive line AI. If you cant fix the big things then address the little ones. But player, theyre not doing either and thats not my opinion just look at the game, the o-line AI is still as broken as its been for years, and we still dont have that big mountain of small details. So what in the blue hell is going on?

I think all of us are tired out about mentioning 2K, but THEY Tiburon have to put the talk to rest by producing, not promising, producing. All I ever see are excuses and spin about why this mountain of things never gets fixed. I stopped buying the spin a long time ago. I feel for sure now that its not getting addressed because of the priorities THEY decided on, not because they cant do it. Nobody asked for Draft Champions, nobody asked for Skills Trainer, nobody asked for the Gauntlet, nobody asked for MUT, but we got all of that junk and still no Equipment updates and no work at all on this big mountain of small details thats now piled high. You tell'in me that if they didnt do any of this junk nobody asked for that they couldnt have gotten Equipment and all this other stuff done? Nah, they couldve its just not a priority to them.

Its obvious, but if we say it we are terrible people instead of just consumers who want a football product that actually fits being in the 8th gen like the rest of the AAA sports gaming industry that already HAS all of the things we complain about not being in Madden, things those other games had in Gen 6 and 7 for that matter.
Old 02-21-2016, 02:23 PM   #18
Rookie

Kwarren3's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
I'm not buying this. They said multiple times during the M16 development/release that equipment would be updated in M17. If they do go back on their word that would be awful. FIFA seems to do perfectly fine with 22 players wearing different equipment and hair styles.
You sure they said it would be updated in 17? or they said something like "Unfortunately that was something we couldn't address this year, but its definitely on our list for next year." or "Thats something that would have to be looked at next year"
Old 02-21-2016, 04:27 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 6

Unless I hear it from any of the production team I'm not be living anything .. That being said a lot of games have claimed they weren't doing something then it showed up .. Things change

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-21-2016, 06:56 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 20

I'm not buying that answer. Memory constraints....really!?!? With how powerful these systems are adding more equipment is more than possible, maybe they don't have the right team to tackle this issue? Why couldn't they just replace the old equipment, the Reebok stuff and other gear that players haven't worn in 5+ seasons?

If adding little things like mouth pieces, the team-logo gloves everyone wears, single-arm sleeves, and shoes modern for 2016 is a technical hurdle, than that speaks volumes about the current infrastructure in place right now. That explanation just does not sit right with me.
Old 02-22-2016, 09:12 AM   #21
MVP

reverend_heat's Arena

OVR: 6

Rex tweeted back this morning confirming he never said that, fingers crossed for 17 equipment update!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2016, 09:14 AM   #22
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Thanks Heat for confirming.
Old 02-22-2016, 09:21 AM   #23
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

CFM and Special Teams has been at the top of my list of things that needs to be fixed, so I will still be satisfied even if they don't touch equipment.
Old 02-22-2016, 09:41 AM   #24
Pro

drewst18's Arena

OVR: 5

I mean if I had to choose between a better CFM or Audio and better pads there is no way in hell I'd choose better pads. I get wanting it in there but not at the expense of something else.

Although its a bit of a load of crap to say we can't put in new pads cause were working on audio and CFM. The teams that work on these areas are completely different.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »