Home

Misleading title re: Equipment Updates (resolved by Rex on Twitter)

This is a discussion on Misleading title re: Equipment Updates (resolved by Rex on Twitter) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2016, 12:55 PM   #41
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: So No Equipment Update for M17 :(

I may not like the pie, but I'm not going to set expectations for the baker about how he should perform his job when I don't know the damnedest about baking pies.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2016, 01:00 PM   #42
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

X, you know about the development process better than some people around here. Some features make it in, some don't.

Rex hasn't shied away and hasn't been wrong yet on what is going into the game.

By July, we know what's going in Madden and what isn't. The teams priorities, based on the yearly schedule, doesn't always align with some peoples expectations. You know they aren't going to add everything from soup to nuts in one yearly cycle to keep all 5 million buyers happy across the board.

People can make their decisions based off of that.

Last edited by roadman; 02-22-2016 at 01:04 PM.
Old 02-22-2016, 01:04 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
I got what you were saying and maybe the food analogy wasn't the best from side. I just don't know how someone can complain about something but have nothing constructive to offer outside of, "it should be better". That's just me.
Except, there has been plenty of constructive criticism over the years. But, the issues still persist, and we still don't know why nor will we ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
And I don't think my context is wrong at all. You pay for a football game that usually comes with a features list on the back. You know exactly what you're paying for, yet people buy it and complain about things not being in it that weren't promised in the first place. And then they buy next year's. And then complain. And then they buy next year's.......
Entitlement by definition is believing oneself to be inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment. It just doesn't fit. Tiburon says they're making a simulation of the real NFL, and that it's the best simulation of that ever. When you pay, and when you expect what they claim to be what the game shows, that disappointment is warranted.

As for the feature set, the back of the box can only hold so much. There are always plenty of things added/fixed to the game that never get mentioned there or even in promos. What frustrates many people more is, you get a ton of things that weren't being mentioned anywhere, and the things you and a ton of other gamers were asking for didn't get into the game... then have that happen for years and years and years on end. This is why it's like this now.
Old 02-22-2016, 01:12 PM   #44
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

X, don't you agree though that the game is going in the right direction at this time?

You keep saying you liked Madden 16 game play.

I actually think this team is trying to play catch-up from the past decade of missteps.
Old 02-22-2016, 01:13 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I may not like the pie, but I'm not going to set expectations for the baker about how he should perform his job when I don't know the damnedest about baking pies.
But you would if the baker told you it was the best (insert type) pie ever, but you got it and realized it was missing many of things that make that specific pie or they were done poorly and/or with poor quality. Like if the crust was half-done (animations), or the filling was rotten (broken o-line AI).

You don't need to know how something is made to know it lacks quality or to have a right to say that it does. If that were the case, we wouldn't have a right to criticize anything unless we know how to do it ourselves. I suppose that would be a nice world for the manufacturers, but it would be hell for consumers.

I'm sorry, but that concept would be absurd, and I say "would" because that's not how things actually work in the real world anyway. People criticize things they don't do themselves every day (Yelp built an entire business around it), and believe it or not, that criticism has certainly helped businesses improve their products.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2016, 01:16 PM   #46
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_isBringingSexyBack
But you would if the baker told you it was the best (insert type) pie ever, but you got it and realized it was missing many of things that make that specific pie or they were done poorly and/or with poor quality. Like if the crust was half-done (animations), or the filling was rotten (broken o-line AI).

You don't need to know how something is made to know it lacks quality or to have a right to say that it does. If that were the case, we wouldn't have a right to criticize anything unless we know how to do it ourselves. I suppose that would be a nice world for the manufacturers, but it would be hell for consumers.

I'm sorry, but that concept would be absurd, and I say "would" because that's not how things actually work in the real world anyway. People criticize things they don't do themselves every day (Yelp built an entire business around it), and believe it or not, that criticism has certainly helped businesses improve their products.
I'm sorry, X, but that doesn't apply to everyone and everything.
Old 02-22-2016, 01:18 PM   #47

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

I don't like pie.

I know I don't like pie.

Therefore I don't buy pie.

It's worked for me for 33 years just fine and I've never even had to complain about pie.
Old 02-22-2016, 01:22 PM   #48
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: So No Equipment Update for M17

Locked. Question was answered, and some people just seriously like to read their own posts way too much.

OS Lesson 1 - Get over yourselves, folks.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »