Home

What Should Happen in Madden's Passing Game

This is a discussion on What Should Happen in Madden's Passing Game within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2016, 05:19 PM   #17
Rookie

Kingd803's Arena

OVR: 4
If you play video games professionally you might need to turn in your man card. In fact I think it's crap people get paid to do such crap. Same with these youtube stars. It's BS that I work my butt off all day actually learning a trade that very few people can do.

Now people are telling me that because of these same people were not getting features for a more realstic football game? Even more crap.

/minirant
Old 02-22-2016, 05:26 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: What Should Happen in Madden's Passing Game

Why couldn't there be both? A tourney setting where you don't have inaccurate passes or open drops, or whatever tournament players complain about as the default in H2H online play. And a "simulation" setting where you get more of the randomness that is the default for franchise mode, but make both styles available for all modes.

I don't get why it always has to be one or the other with madden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2020: 52-39
Old 02-22-2016, 05:48 PM   #19
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greencollarbaseball
Why couldn't there be both? A tourney setting where you don't have inaccurate passes or open drops, or whatever tournament players complain about as the default in H2H online play. And a "simulation" setting where you get more of the randomness that is the default for franchise mode, but make both styles available for all modes.

I don't get why it always has to be one or the other with madden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's a point that has been brought up time and time again over the past few years. No one has the answer to that.
Old 02-22-2016, 05:55 PM   #20
Pro

kwpit79's Arena

OVR: 8

These same tourney players are OK with paying real money to buy MUT cards, when what they draw is random, but are against having randomness in the game? I mean, I know fumbling is based off of a few factors that aren't random, but I bet some random dice rolls also take place.
Old 02-22-2016, 05:58 PM   #21
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

It's a totally different ballgame when the stakes are high.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2016, 06:04 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 19
Stage 5: Game Management

a. Varies: As you break huddle, the play clock runoff is based on a QB's awareness.

this should be based off of time it takes to pick a play and factor in the time it takes to sub different players/packages into a game.
players running on and off the field should be factored into a sim element of the game. this feature should be animated into the game also. and should also be factored into the defensive side of the ball.

with this type of subbing you can also add penalties -like to many players on the field, cause players didnt get on and off the field on time.
another layer of false starts could be factored in more organically also. players not completely set after they get subbed into the game. and the qb snaps the ball

for passing, either go the rout of Back Breaker with passing, or have the user catch be completely manual, and have different timing windows based on the defender and receiver ratings. the better the receiver, the bigger the timing window for the user catch.
Old 02-22-2016, 06:43 PM   #23
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
It's a point that has been brought up time and time again over the past few years. No one has the answer to that.
The recent discussion in the EA Sports UFC forum about the newest game lacking sliders might provide some insight.

tl;dr - options cost more man-hours than one might initially be led to believe, and dev teams optimize their man-hours to get the most bang for their buck.
Old 02-22-2016, 06:50 PM   #24
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
The recent discussion in the EA Sports UFC forum about the newest game lacking sliders might provide some insight.

tl;dr - options cost more man-hours than one might initially be led to believe, and dev teams optimize their man-hours to get the most bang for their buck.
Yeah, I was afraid that might be the answer, but didn't want to speculate and find out I was wrong later on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »