Home

What Should Happen in Madden's Passing Game

This is a discussion on What Should Happen in Madden's Passing Game within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2016, 11:47 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by grodbetatted
I would be ok with a lot of that stuff, but fumbling snaps and stumbling on the snaps would become irritating only because you have no control over that.. yea i want as much of a sim aspect as possible, but i also want total control. Like if there is a control for snaps other than hiking and like a control for the catch and drop back and if you mistimed it, then there are consequences then i would be ok with that.
I like this idea! Maybe a meter like when kicking a field goal for snaps.....that vary depending on awareness or a snap attribute for Olinemen. That would make it hard for people to move a Tackle to Center with no remorse
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2016, 11:58 AM   #42
Rookie

I feel like Madden really needs to adderess the Oline. This area needs major attention. This is the root of the problem to me with the passing game. I play CFM with 31 other players and certain conversations keep coming up.

- The 3 man rush beating 5 Olineman
- High rated QB's throwing the ball directly to the other team.....no pressure, not throwing off the back foot.

to name a few.....I just believe the Oline vs Dline needs to be adderessed.
Old 02-24-2016, 05:04 PM   #43
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: What Should Happen in Madden's Passing Game

Hold on, slow down. The idea that no one could tolerate randomness in Madden tourneys is a little off-base. There's randomness in poker and that doesn't stop people from playing it for vast amounts of money every day.

The issue is that the game is intentionally shortened to make it more palatable. You can have realistic results on a per-play basis or a per-game basis, but not both. EA has settled on the latter.

So, if you are going to have "realistic" scores and "realistic" stats but only play 1/3 the plays, then obviously those plays are going to have to be more productive - and that's what happens. QBs hit for 80-90% completions on the regular. Wideouts rarely drop passes. etc. Even the best offense in NFL history, the 2013 Broncos, punted more than 4 times a game on average. If you punt 4 times in most games of Madden, it means you dun screwed up
Old 02-24-2016, 05:08 PM   #44
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC
Hold on, slow down. The idea that no one could tolerate randomness in Madden tourneys is a little off-base. There's randomness in poker and that doesn't stop people from playing it for vast amounts of money every day.

The issue is that the game is intentionally shortened to make it more palatable. You can have realistic results on a per-play basis or a per-game basis, but not both. EA has settled on the latter.

So, if you are going to have "realistic" scores and "realistic" stats but only play 1/3 the plays, then obviously those plays are going to have to be more productive - and that's what happens. QBs hit for 80-90% completions on the regular. Wideouts rarely drop passes. etc. Even the best offense in NFL history, the 2013 Broncos, punted more than 4 times a game on average. If you punt 4 times in most games of Madden, it means you dun screwed up
Actually, one of the developers did say that about tourney players about a year or two ago.
Old 02-24-2016, 10:33 PM   #45
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayWoods
One of the best articles I've read on here. Good ideas through and through.
Much appreciate. Thank you for the kind words!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2016, 09:55 PM   #46
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

I absolutely hate the randomness of penalties, especially holdings. I play nothing but online franchise, so when I lose on a holding call it annoys the hell out of me. So, in other words, if all of this were to happen in a game, I'd be liable to break my TV, and Gronk spike my controller. No thanks. I could live with poor snaps on special teams though. But no more than like 2 per season.
Old 02-26-2016, 08:48 AM   #47
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

One of the most exciting plays in any football game, is when a qb, you name him, Russ Wilson, A-Rod, T. Romo, is when a qb ESCAPES the pass rush and hits his receiver for a 1st down or touchdown!
I feel like Madden doesn't display a qbs "escapability" at all.
I would like to see an escape the pocket function that takes skill but is also a "working feature". EA has done a good job on improving the "catching features" and making them work when timed correctly, who would like to see the "qb escape feat"?
Even if they don't escape the pocket, qbs like Dan Marino, T. Brady have a knack for side stepping pressure and hitting their target.

I will post some highlights just to get your blood pumping lol

Jay Cutler- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SgcUz2U_RDA

Russell Hustle- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iV1JnlBYbU8

Tony Romo escapes JJ Watt- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=as35QVzPtA0

A-Rod game winners! Lightning strikes 2x lol- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NP8CZS95Phw

T. Brady steps up in the pocket and avoids a sack, this is probably one of the more common ways qbs avoid sacks, just stepping up into a real pocket. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CSEW8Hz9OvM

Like I said, this and just qb pocket awarness would be a great addition to Madden passing

Last edited by D81SKINS; 02-26-2016 at 08:57 AM.
Old 02-27-2016, 04:42 PM   #48
Rookie

A lot of people here have stated the most important fact "this is the only football game on the market". There's really no room for half-stepping in this arena. I mean if EA Tiburon wants to produce a game that draws in a crowd that prefers a more arcade experience bring back NFL street lol.
Honestly I'm a realist and I think it would be worth it for the devs to consider a tuner (if possible) or separate set of rules or sliders for what is being deemed randomness in football for the competitive online crowd. That randomness is so vital to the heart and soul of the sport. The missed field goal in the Minnesota/Seattle game (pretty much a gimme) this past playoffs. Although it's college football how about the botched snap on the punt in the Michigan/MSU game last year. I'm sure others can come up with a umber of key plays that decided outcomes in games that aren't even possible in Madden. How about a blocked punt, extra point or field goal for once this decade (maybe I'm the only one that can't do this). I feel like the control of so much of the game is out of our hands...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »