Home

Madden 17 needs to bring back QB cone or something for user QBs.

This is a discussion on Madden 17 needs to bring back QB cone or something for user QBs. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-04-2016, 06:39 PM   #73
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 17 needs to bring back QB cone or something for user QBs.

Why not having the vision w/o the cone. So the only way users would know their qbs vision and accuracy abilities would be by practicing/playing w/ them. Obviously, we would still see ratings but we wouldn't know exactly what each qbs vision ability was w/o playing with them 1st.
Old 03-06-2016, 09:15 PM   #74
Rookie

XXL78's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard2001
Sports games need to use a wider scale. Scrubs should be rated in the 40s. A 95 rating should be reserved for a HOF player.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

How does spreading out ratings help defenders see where the quarterback is looking and anticipate where he is going with the ball. How does it help me look off the safety in the middle of the field in deep third coverage and create a one on one matchup on the right sideline.
Old 03-06-2016, 09:21 PM   #75
Rookie

XXL78's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenblood60
I liked what the vision cone was meant to accomplish, but unfortunately the feature didn't accomplish what it was meant to accomplish. All you had to do was hold on to the R2 button and press the corresponding twice to throw the ball. It really didn't differentiate thicker cones from skinnier ones.

Here's the solution: instead of having a cone to highlight which receiver the QB is looking at, just highlight ( or enlarge ) the icon. Instead of requiring the user to hold a shoulder button while pressing the button the have the QB look at the receiver, just implement a double tap system where the user presses the button once to have the QB look at the receiver and a second time to throw the ball. Instead of having the size of the cone differentiate awareness, have the speed at which the receiver is highlighted be slower the lower the QB's awareness is, so if you're playing with Brady you'll have time to highlight four or five receivers whereas with Garoppolo you'll only have time to highlight two or three receivers.

This makes awareness matter, and the frequency of bad throws won't be the only way to differentiate QBs. You could have a young QB that's accurate, but his low awareness will make him a one read QB. His awareness will prevent the user from looking off safeties. His awareness will prevent user from getting as many passes off as that user could with a QB that has a higher awareness rating.
That is not the only thing the cone was meant to accomplish. It was just as much for the defense as it was for the offense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2016, 04:01 PM   #76
Rookie

Greenblood60's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXL78
That is not the only thing the cone was meant to accomplish. It was just as much for the defense as it was for the offense.
Enlarging the icon allows the user on defense to see which receiver the QB is looking at just like the vision cone, so it would accomplish the same thing as far as the defense is concerned.

Also, the original post is focusing on differentiating average QBs from elite with something other than the frequency off target passes.
Old 03-07-2016, 06:34 PM   #77
Rookie

smace767's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenblood60
Enlarging the icon allows the user on defense to see which receiver the QB is looking at just like the vision cone, so it would accomplish the same thing as far as the defense is concerned.

Also, the original post is focusing on differentiating average QBs from elite with something other than the frequency off target passes.

The op and title is about the CONE differentiating Qbs. The only thing that has truly separated qbs In EA football has been the cone. Now all we have is starters and backups. After thinking about it I don't want the flashlight.

If it were to come back, I would prefer having at least three settings; off, passive(just icons), on. With the default being passive with just icons.

SOS (5 release veteran) --Oakland Raiders

10yard Fight (rookie release)-- Detriot Lions
Old 03-07-2016, 07:12 PM   #78
Aqua?!

bigd51's Arena

Just brainstorming here...

What about a system where each QB has a number (in seconds) representing the amount of time he has to wait before being allowed to throw to WR's not part of his original read. This number can serve as the base "minimum" with a +/- modifier added to it that randomly generates a number (in seconds) each play before the snap equal to, over, or under the base minimum of seconds the user has to wait before his QB's ratings determine when he can and can't throw to his 3 and 4 options.

A hypothetical example would be:

An elite QB like Brady or Rodgers with an awareness of 90+ would take on average only three seconds max to go through all of his reads before deciding where to throw. We'll call this rating his decision making time. This is your base. At 90+ awareness, it will not take you any longer than 3 seconds before all your non-primary reads are available to you. But, to differentiate each QB from the rest instead of just one set number, you can add a +/- modifier to create a range of numbers for the computer to randomly select as your decision making time allowed before each play.

Think of the base time as a middle bar, the -1 modifier as the top bar (slower time than base middle bar), and the +1 modifier as the bottom bar (faster time than base middle bar). The top and bottom move along with the middle bar at the same rate, which is based on the awareness rating of the QB between 10 and 90. For clarification, we can say a 90 awareness rating gives the QB 'elite' status for awareness meaning this middle bar is set at 3 seconds for his decision making time and can't be effected by a negative modifier (it will never take them longer than 3 seconds to go through all their reads and throw the ball, unless the coverage is tight), but as awareness raises to 91, 92, and so forth, the top bar drops .1 second closer to 3 while the lower bar drops .1 second further from 3.

- The middle bar has a range from 3-6 seconds respresented by an awareness rating between 10-90 (6 seconds for 10, 3 for 90). This acts as the base for your modifiers.

- The modifiers (top and bottom bar) move in conjuction with the middle. If the middle bar raises 1 second, the top and bottom raise one second with it. However, once the middle bar reaches 90 awareness or 10 awareness, it reaches its limit and can't go higher than 90 or lower than ten. Between 91-99 awareness and 0-9 awareness, the modifiers continue to move but the middle bar remains stationary.

- If your awareness is 50, your base time is 4.5 seconds and the modifiers randomly generate a time between 3.5 - 5.5 seconds. Before each play, the cpu generates a time in that range randomly. So one play, it could take me 4 seconds to see all my reads, 5.2 seconds, 3.7 seconds, etc.

- 91 and above awareness stops the middle bar at 3 seconds while continuing to lower both top and bottom bars at the same rate as each other at .1 second/per awareness point. So for each point above 90 awareness, your negative modifier becomes smaller while your positive modifier gets bigger. If your awareness is 90, your base time is 3 seconds +/- 1 second (random number in the range of 2 - 4 seconds). If your awareness is 95, your base time remains at 3 seconds, but your modifiers are now +.5/-1.5 (range of 1.5 - 3.5 seconds. At 99, your base time is 3 seconds +0/-2 (range of 1 - 3 seconds). For 10 or lower awareness, you just flip what you do for 90 or higher awareness.

Does that make any sense to anyone lol? All hypothetical as a ground idea. Wanted to get other opinions on it.

Last edited by bigd51; 03-07-2016 at 10:10 PM.
Old 03-08-2016, 02:27 AM   #79
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I'm sorry, but I have different results if Arod is playing vs Tolzien.

I had Arod go down for a 4 week injury and Tolzein came in and passes were over and under thrown and intercepted during that time frame. This was in my SIM onlnine CFM.

If there is a drop off between #1 and #2 QB, there isn't a need for flashlight QB's.

There was so much turmoil and negatively last time it was implemented, there isn't a chance it will come back.
Why on earth would you ever start Tolzien over Hundley? In my online CFM I actually traded Rodgers for PP and a top 5 pick (later traded for Mike Evens). Just so I could make Hundley the franchise guy.

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Old 03-08-2016, 07:11 AM   #80
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
Why on earth would you ever start Tolzien over Hundley? In my online CFM I actually traded Rodgers for PP and a top 5 pick (later traded for Mike Evens). Just so I could make Hundley the franchise guy.
First year CFM, 2nd game of the season, Rodgers went down, next man up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »