Home

Biggest player jump?

This is a discussion on Biggest player jump? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-27-2016, 11:51 AM   #1
All Star

OVR: 0
Biggest player jump?

So with the talk about how it can be hard to improve a player in CFM i was wondering what is the most you have been able to improve a player in 1 season?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2016, 02:53 PM   #2
Rookie

SpyPirates's Arena

Re: Biggest player jump?

I think I boosted my rookie QB 15 OVR pts in one season. The issue with progression is that it's too difficult, at least under default sliders, to progress your entire team in a realistic way. Since you can game prep one guy with all your points every week, it's pretty easy to boost one guy.

Boosting QBs is easy since you can almost always use drills to game prep your QBs (unlike WR/TE, and sometimes RBs) and the accuracy/awareness attributes are cheap to upgrade.

My friend boosted a TE something like 20 pts because he had pretty high ratings for a rookie, but had 40-something awareness, so he just put all his points into that and he went from low 70s to low 90s.
Old 02-27-2016, 10:26 PM   #3
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyPirates
I think I boosted my rookie QB 15 OVR pts in one season. The issue with progression is that it's too difficult, at least under default sliders, to progress your entire team in a realistic way. Since you can game prep one guy with all your points every week, it's pretty easy to boost one guy.

Boosting QBs is easy since you can almost always use drills to game prep your QBs (unlike WR/TE, and sometimes RBs) and the accuracy/awareness attributes are cheap to upgrade.

My friend boosted a TE something like 20 pts because he had pretty high ratings for a rookie, but had 40-something awareness, so he just put all his points into that and he went from low 70s to low 90s.

Wow that is a lot I am trying to improve my rookie MLB who was a 77 over all to start. I am now up to a 78 lol and I am up to like week 12. I am going to get more points to use for him before the season is over for sure as I have like 103 tacklers or something now. So points for 100 tacklers on the year and I may be able to get up to like 140 and you get points for that and even when you get to like 120.
Old 02-28-2016, 08:32 AM   #4
Rookie

I got a low 80 rated TE and DE up to 99 true overall in a little over one year.
Old 02-28-2016, 01:05 PM   #5
Rookie

SpyPirates's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
Wow that is a lot I am trying to improve my rookie MLB who was a 77 over all to start. I am now up to a 78 lol and I am up to like week 12. I am going to get more points to use for him before the season is over for sure as I have like 103 tacklers or something now. So points for 100 tacklers on the year and I may be able to get up to like 140 and you get points for that and even when you get to like 120.
I would imagine LB is a fairly hard position to boost because there are so many attributes that have an impact on overall, you'd have to boost most or all of them to get significant changes. Also I'm guessing it's hard to rack up huge stats that will give you goal xp.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2016, 02:17 PM   #6
Rookie

SpeedyMikeWallace's Arena

OVR: 2

I've found defensive players much harder to upgrade. I'm lucky if I can get +3 OVR in a season, especially linebackers

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
Old 02-28-2016, 04:38 PM   #7
Rookie

MWit28725's Arena

OVR: 5

I actually just had a rookie QB go from 83-93 in one season. It helped that he won MVP, OPoY, ROY, and QBotY. I only played like 3 games and the rest were simmed. That was all game XP. I only put Game Prep into defensive players since they are tougher to gain XP for.

I don't know the exact number, but I think I boosted a SS +8 one season as well.
Old 02-28-2016, 10:25 PM   #8
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyPirates
I would imagine LB is a fairly hard position to boost because there are so many attributes that have an impact on overall, you'd have to boost most or all of them to get significant changes. Also I'm guessing it's hard to rack up huge stats that will give you goal xp.

While I would think that CB would be maybe the hardest because I find I don't get much XP with them and it is hard to complete some of there season goals. I like that is not easy though because I don't want to be able to just take a lot of players and go from like a 70 to a 90 and end up with ever player on my team being a superstar or something and improving 20 points in a season is a lot. Most of the time in sports even great players or even players who are young and getting better don't go from being ok to amazing in just 1 season or something and instead improve little by little for sever season. I mean like say in basketball you don't have a guy go from scoring 6 points a game to 20 the next season to often. Maybe a few will do that but most not so much. I think the big thing is can you get awards with players like rookie of the year, pro bowl ect or being able to make some of the goals that get you points depending on your position. like for MLB 150 tackles gets you points.

For the MLB I have I was trying to focus on him for the most part. I think like 70% of the game prep I have used has been used on him and the other 30% on the rest of the team. I figured I would focus on him because MLB I think is pretty important considering most of the time your MLB is the player who leads your team in tacklers and the packers d is not that good and MLB is one of there bigger weakness on d. Also even though the MLB came in at just a 76 over all his tackling was a 82, hit power 89, speed 85. But his awareness and play recognition both started at like 68-70. I think I have now got those both up to 73-75 and I think if I where to get just those up to like a 80 his over all would be more like 83 or something as I think those 2 things are what is keeping him down in the 70's.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »