Home

DL Subbing Problem

This is a discussion on DL Subbing Problem within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 12:11 PM   #1
Rookie

Joshua_85's Arena

OVR: 0
DL Subbing Problem

I have been having this problem for a while and just dealt with it, but wondering if you guys have any answer for this.

I play as the Panthers, who are a 4-3 Defense. The problem is Madden forces my backup DE's to sub in for my DTs. This means I have to put my backup DTs in as my backup DE's in the depth chart in order for them to properly subbed.

However, this means that the only way my true backup DE's come into the game is if all 4 of my starting linemen are all tired at the same time. Other wise, my backup DT's sub in for both DT and DE after adjusting the depth chart.

I've tried to fix this issue many times, but couldn't find any other way. Is there a way around this or is it one of those Madden annoyances I just have to deal with?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-29-2016, 12:52 PM   #2
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18
Re: DL Subbing Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua_85
I have been having this problem for a while and just dealt with it, but wondering if you guys have any answer for this.

I play as the Panthers, who are a 4-3 Defense. The problem is Madden forces my backup DE's to sub in for my DTs. This means I have to put my backup DTs in as my backup DE's in the depth chart in order for them to properly subbed.

However, this means that the only way my true backup DE's come into the game is if all 4 of my starting linemen are all tired at the same time. Other wise, my backup DT's sub in for both DT and DE after adjusting the depth chart.

I've tried to fix this issue many times, but couldn't find any other way. Is there a way around this or is it one of those Madden annoyances I just have to deal with?
That's weird. Are you sure you have DTs filling the depth chart for the DT position?

I use a lot of R-stick subs to get my backup DL in and get a proper rotation. I usually go 2 series to 1 for my starters vs backups. Later in the game I rotate more frequently.

Watch me play video games
Old 02-29-2016, 07:14 PM   #3
Rookie

Joshua_85's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
That's weird. Are you sure you have DTs filling the depth chart for the DT position?

I use a lot of R-stick subs to get my backup DL in and get a proper rotation. I usually go 2 series to 1 for my starters vs backups. Later in the game I rotate more frequently.
Yeah. When they are in their correct positions, the autosub always takes the backup DE to sub in at DT. I had this problem with the PS3 version as well.
Old 03-01-2016, 12:22 AM   #4
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua_85
Yeah. When they are in their correct positions, the autosub always takes the backup DE to sub in at DT. I had this problem with the PS3 version as well.
I can't help you. I don't know why that's happening as I haven't seen it at all in my experience.

Watch me play video games
Old 03-01-2016, 06:19 AM   #5
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Use the Q/A thread, please:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d.php?t=849686

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness