Home

First franchise and need some help/advice

This is a discussion on First franchise and need some help/advice within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2016, 05:56 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
First franchise and need some help/advice

First of all, I'm still quite new to Madden and American Football in general, but I think I already learned a few things. I played MUT most of the time and tried to play franchise now.
So, in my first franchise I play the Giants, no other user teams, and since I only played MUT until now I have a few questions regarding CFM and gameplay in general.

1) First of all, the gameplay is completely different from MUT for me. I play on All-Pro and there are things that just don't happen on MUT. I get a lot of holding and unnecessary roughness calls, which were never called in MUT. So my first question is, how do I prevent my players from facemasking and holding?

2) I'm having a really tough time getting offense and defense to work, I even changed the off. playbook to the Saints because this is the one that I know best. My run plays never give me more then 3 yards, the CPU always knows which play and direction I'm running. My blockers can't seem to block at all. On the other side, I can't seem to stop the CPU RB. My tackles get broken all the time, LeSean McCoy from the Bills was able to break three tackles before he was stopped. Also they're able to push three of my defenders over that 1st down line.
How can I stop the CPU runs and how can I become more efficient on runs?

3) I'm struggling on my passing plays, currently Eli is completing 45% of his passes while the CPU QB passes between 70 and 80%. I try to get the ball to OBJ a lot but also try to get it to Randell and Cruz. My receivers keep struggling to catch passes though, the coverage is just to good and usually every WR is slower then his defender, my TE Donnell is most of the games between 10 and 20 points slower then his matchup. On the other side again, the CPU catches everything, I tried to intercept, play receiver, nothing works. How can I get better at passing and on defense against passing plays?

4) What are good moves for the Giants? I'd like to get a younger talented quarter back who can develop into a star. The problem is, nobody wants Eli. I don't who is going to be a free agent next season and I also don't know how reliable the prospect scouting ratings are.

5) What should I spend XP on and when? I'd love to make my receivers faster and my defenders stronger regarding hit power, but I would have to pay like 10k xp on these attributes. So I was thinking, to keep collecting XP and maybe spend it at the end of the regular season. Also, what are these sliders on how many XP my players will earn? Currently every player is at 100, does it mean I can make every player get more XP? That sounds a bit like cheating to me.

Would be great to hear some advice. Thanks in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2016, 06:16 AM   #2
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: First franchise and need some help/advice

All of your questions can be answered in these threads:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d.php?t=850473

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d.php?t=849686

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo