Home

Best Camera Angle in Madden is... Wide

This is a discussion on Best Camera Angle in Madden is... Wide within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-22-2016, 02:32 PM   #1
Rookie

cp22's Arena

OVR: 3
Best Camera Angle in Madden is... Wide

In a lot of the slider threads I rarely see anyone recommending the wide camera. This camera is the best camera IMO for a variety of reasons.

1) Playability: This camera allows you to see more of the field, which allows you to read coverage better, view running holes easier, react more accurately on defense.

2) Scale: This camera makes the field size look accurate. 3rd and 20? With this camera you get a sense of just how far that first down marker is.

3) Stadiums: The biggest reason I enjoy this camera angle is because it allows me to appreciate the effort that went into designing these stadiums. To me, the graphics of Madden improve when I am able to actually see the stadium. It also makes every field feel different. Playing on this camera gives you a sense of how big a game truly is every Sunday.

I believe most people don't get the best graphical benefits of Madden by not playing on this setting. Some will argue that you miss the close up features that you get playing on zoomed. I disagree, you still see all the details of player likeness and jerseys after every play, when it zooms down to the field for the post play cut scene.

I've attached 3 screenshots to show you the difference between Zoomed, Standard, and Wide.

Zoom

Standard

Wide

Last edited by cp22; 03-22-2016 at 02:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2016, 02:47 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Best Camera Angle in Madden is... Wide

Thank you for the input as I have been trying to find the best one for me. I absolutely dislike the zoom option because to me it makes the game seem more unrealistic. I have not tried the wide version out of fear that it would take away from me being able to judge ball depth when on defense. Have you seen any difference between standard and wide?
Old 03-22-2016, 03:41 PM   #3
Rookie

cp22's Arena

OVR: 3

I find it easier personally, but I honestly think whatever you play on more is what you'll be comfortable with. Give Wide a few games and see how you like it.
Old 03-22-2016, 05:52 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 1

have decided that i like zoom best for playing D as i pretty much always user a pass rusher. gets you in amongst the action.

there are limitations to it however.

kinda like wide for playing O but think i prefer the standard. wish it would automatically change between zoom for a run play and standard/wide for a pass play when you're playing O.
Old 03-22-2016, 09:59 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 20

There needs to be something in between Zoom and Standard, imo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2016, 10:04 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM
There needs to be something in between Zoom and Standard, imo.
zoom is a little close.
Old 03-23-2016, 08:27 AM   #7
A DB'S SWAG

avwhitechic's Arena

OVR: 2

Man we've been begging for the return of a user- defined camera for 10 years now...they never listen. They are way behind the 8ball on this one. Every Sports game out now has this option except Madden

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-23-2016, 02:36 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 0

I personally love the Zoom cam. It's the most immersive cam. I like feeling like I'm on the field playing as opposed watching from far away. I do like the Wide cam but it needs to zoom in a little closer on running plays my opinion. That said, we need a Custom camera option. It's so overdue.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »