Home

Drafting linebackers issue

This is a discussion on Drafting linebackers issue within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2016, 05:53 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Drafting linebackers issue

simply finding good 34 MLB in the draft is seems next to impossible. most draft classes will have 3, sometime 4, good MLB for a 43 scheme.

very few draft classes have on good 34 MLB.

given that 19 of the 32 teams run a 34 in my CFM, it's kinda annoying.

it actually leads me to believe that madden should drop defensive schemes. keep player types (pass rusher, run stopper, tackler, prototype, run support, man to man etc). it should definitely be done for defensive backs as it just doesn't matter.
Old 04-03-2016, 07:05 PM   #10
Rookie

Rhenium's Arena

OVR: 0

Agreed madden definitely should drop the defensive schemes and keep player types. I'm a guy who enjoys using both schemes. If I could only sub for certain schemes. I like to carry plenty of defensive lineman and linebackers. So if I could sub them when switching from 4-3 to 3-4 that would be awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-04-2016, 01:06 AM   #11
All Star

I Don't think it is impossible to get a solid Linebacker in the draft and to improve them. I have a second year Line backer who when I drafted was a 76 and now in my second season with him and in week 11 he is up to a 82 and I think is getting close to a 83 now. When I drafted him if not for his awareness and play recognition he would have most likely been a 80-82 to start. So I have improved him by 6 almost 7 points now in a year and 11 weeks and he also got hurt this year and missed 4 games plus most of the game he got hurt in. So if not for missing almost 5 games and missing out on game XP during those 5 games and also the XP I couldn't get with training in those 5 games he would maybe be up to a 84 by now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2016, 08:45 AM   #12
MVP

it's not impossible but it's one of the harder positions to develop.

i have a slow development backup RB. he notched 10000 XP as a part time runner as a rookie. my starting 34OLB with 11.5 sacks only (normal development) only brought in 4000 XP.
Old 04-04-2016, 10:56 AM   #13
MVP

try putting a rookie high zcv lber to ss#2

in both franchises im running at the moment i have 4 olbers, 5 mlbers and 2 lbers at fs#2/ss#2. depending on how the game is going i change lbers. i start with 2 pr olbers, and good tkl mlb #2. if its going south vs the pass or im ahead and they are chasing through the air, i change to the high mcv/zcv lbers to help coverage

because i dont have a lber except bowman who is stellar at everything then the salary cost is ok and both types trade well if you find better
Old 04-05-2016, 10:31 PM   #14
MVP

i'll be perfectly honest, i'm not sure what you just said.

sorry.
Old 04-06-2016, 02:47 AM   #15
MVP

you can develop young linebackers at safety if you find them. i have 2 sets of lbers, one for pass rush, one for coverage
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2016, 02:13 PM   #16
Rookie

It also is kind of rough how development of defensive players focuses so much around their development trait. Draft someone with slow or normal development and progressing them can be a rough day unless you put a majority of your time towards them. Not saying it's impossible, but it's difficult.

Development this year is skewed greatly towards the offense which only complicates the issue. It should also be noted that we are discussing development, not draft value, because there are some absolute STUD LBs that come out with great physical and tackling skills, it's just hard to get them to that next level.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »