Home

The Equalizer in Madden 16.

This is a discussion on The Equalizer in Madden 16. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-05-2016, 02:30 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0

Today, I'd like to talk about the Equalizer in Madden 16, if you believe that it exists, and why or why not?

For those unfamiliar, the equalizer is pretty much the responsible party for the most wacky, inorganic crap you see in a game. Whether it's your high-rated defense playing like Pop Warner level children against much lesser competition, or your WR's while outmatching the CB's, can't get off the press or seem to have any separation, to name just a couple of circumstances.

The equalizer, from what I've read, is pretty widely accepted in MUT, and I honestly believe that it is also evident in CFM to some degree.

The reason I bring this up today, is because I haven't seen any prior posts directly covering it, and quite frankly I'm tired of seeing my highly-rated team get outperformed by lesser rosters. I'd like to hear some of your opinions and experiences as well, whether it be from MUT, CFM or just H2H.

This thread is purely for civil discussion, I'm not looking to start a riot. If you think I'm crazy, feel free to tell me why.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2016, 02:40 PM   #2
Rookie

Cajungodfather's Arena

I think it is definitely there. Even in a 32 man CFM you can see it, especially on the road on all madden. Against the CPU, it's noticeable, the opposing offense can't move the ball what so ever, then suddenly, the qb turns into tom Brady, and WRs are making sick one handed grabs.

I've seen and been a part of so many second half turnarounds, it's crazy. I mean, 20-3 heading 5 minutes left, the opponent has 150 yards of offense. Then they score, kick off, you do one play and fumble, next play wr is wide open for a Td. Not is just a one possession game with 3.5 minutes left. No way you pick up the first being forced to punt just before or right at the 2 minutes warning, giving the other guy a chance to win. And he will...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Cajungodfather; 04-05-2016 at 02:43 PM.
Old 04-05-2016, 02:48 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: The Equalizer in Madden 16.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajungodfather
I think it is definitely there. Even in a 32 man CFM you can see it, especially on the road on all madden. Against the CPU, it's noticeable, the opposing offense can't move the ball what so ever, then suddenly, the qb turns into tom Brady, and WRs are making sick one handed grabs.

I've seen and been a part of so many second half turnarounds, it's crazy. I mean, 20-3 heading 5 minutes left, the opponent has 150 yards of offense. Then they score, kick off, you do one play and fumble, next play wr is wide open for a Td. Not is just a one possession game with 3.5 minutes left. No way you pick up the first being forced to punt just before or right at the 2 minutes warning, giving the other guy a chance to win. And he will...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha... All-Madden. That mode is painful enough without the thought of an equalizer.

Oh man, I hadn't even thought of that. The amount of times my players get stopped in their tracks with just one man (usually a CB) to beat, is hilarious. Doesn't matter if I'm running with Lynch, or Percy Harvin. They need 2 yards, they get 1, like clockwork.
Old 04-05-2016, 02:54 PM   #4
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

You mean "comeback code" or "comeback logic"?

The developers have repeatedly stated it's not in the game.
Old 04-05-2016, 03:00 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

As usual I fail to understand why people would play on the highest difficulty level - the level where the CPU overperforms its ratings - and then proceed to complain that the game is being unfair to them.

I see the so-called "comebacks" as the CPU simply regressing to its mean according to those over-boosted ratings. Nothing more. For me at least, it can happen in the 1st quarter as easily as it can in the 4th.

This isn't NBA JAM, and games don't have those switches anymore.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2016, 03:02 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
As usual I fail to understand why people would play on the highest difficulty level - the level where the CPU overperforms its ratings - and then proceed to complain that the game is being unfair to them.

I see the so-called "comebacks" as the CPU simply regressing to its mean according to those over-boosted ratings. Nothing more. For me at least, it can happen in the 1st quarter as easily as it can in the 4th.

This isn't NBA JAM, and games don't have those switches anymore.
Same. I feel like you're asking to get abused on All-Madden.

I play on All-Pro, usually with custom sliders.
Old 04-05-2016, 03:05 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
You mean "comeback code" or "comeback logic"?

The developers have repeatedly stated it's not in the game.
Well comeback logic would mean the team is actually in need of a comeback.

I see nonsense happening early in the 1st quarter, so I wouldn't say this is a "comeback" thing.
Old 04-05-2016, 03:06 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

I'm usually an All-Pro guy, but I started a new franchise on default All-Madden about a month ago and have found it pretty fair so far. It's hard, but it's supposed to be hard.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »