Home

Where are you seeing the most sacks?

This is a discussion on Where are you seeing the most sacks? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2016, 01:40 PM   #1
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Where are you seeing the most sacks?

I am curious where people are seeing the most sacks coming from, as in which gap(s); for yourself, your human opponent and CPU opponent?

I am seeing the most sacks coming from the A and B gaps..Wondering if this holds true for the majority of others?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2016, 04:19 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Where are you seeing the most sacks?

Personally, I find most of most of my sacks come from my DEs on the edge or up the B gap. I get a few sacks up the A gap, but not often. This is probably because I run a 4-3, and often rely upon effective downfield coverage to get sacks. Rarely do my linebackers blitz, and when they do, it is for force a quick pass and hopefully prevent a downfield throw.
Old 04-19-2016, 05:23 PM   #3
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

On all counts it seems that it is finally ratings-driven. I had a Raider franchise where I played Khalil Mack (by far the highest rated) as a nickel rusher from the left side. The first season he had 15 sacks. The last full season I played he had 23 sacks.

Then I had a Falcon franchise going a while back. I had Vic Beasley coming exclusively from the right side. He wound up leading the team with 10.5 sacks the first season then 11 in the second. In both those seasons Adrian Clayborn -- whose pass rush rating were comparable, until I upgraded Beasley -- rushing from the other side was close to that production also.

I don't ever control my linemen, btw.

Against me it's wherever I have mismatches on my offensive line.
Old 04-19-2016, 05:59 PM   #4
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

I run a 3-4 and I get most of my sacks from the A & B gaps, as I mentioned above, but I am seeing the same A-B game sacks from the CPU...

I have been watching more closely and it seems that the guards are most likely to whiff on blocks or strafe out of position when they should have stayed where they were at the snap, thus allowing a DT or MLB inside with a very clear blitz/Rush lane...
Old 04-19-2016, 06:21 PM   #5
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
I run a 3-4 and I get most of my sacks from the A & B gaps, as I mentioned above, but I am seeing the same A-B game sacks from the CPU...

I have been watching more closely and it seems that the guards are most likely to whiff on blocks or strafe out of position when they should have stayed where they were at the snap, thus allowing a DT or MLB inside with a very clear blitz/Rush lane...
Are you blizting a lot or playing coverage?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2016, 09:20 PM   #6
Rookie

coachmikesfilmroom's Arena

I tend to play mostly ranked games. I run a 43 with Dallas and tend to get most of my sacks off of the BGap blitzes with my OLBs out of the 43 vs base offenses and out of the nickel as well with Over storm Brave. I also get a fair few by overloading the weakside on passing downs.
Old 04-19-2016, 09:51 PM   #7
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
Are you blizting a lot or playing coverage?
I blitz about 35% of the time, and generally just 5-6 rushers..I play about 80% in M2M cover 2 or Robber..So I very rarely send the whole house; I do assign fake blitz for a player or show blitz about 50% of the time.

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 04-19-2016 at 09:54 PM.
Old 04-20-2016, 02:22 AM   #8
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

I run a 34 D and I have khalil Mack and Von Miller in an online fantasy franchise, I also have Cam Heyward an d a 97 ovr 99 bsh 99 pmv 88 str 34 DE I drafted. Need less to say, no one runs on me at all and they have about 2 seconds to throw before their QB dies. (I also have Zach Brown and Author Brown at MLB) 1st Season with that front 7 straight out of Dante's Inferno, Mack had 22.5 sacks, Miller had 17, Heyward 11.5, and Julius Mitchell (Drafted player) 13.5. My CB's are also rock solid.

I don't blitz much, but when I do it's for my own comedic relief. Also, I was able to acquire Mack via trade. I sent the guy Dee Ford a 96 spd SS Dev WR and pick 30. And I drafted Miller at pick 9, and Heyward round 6.

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows

Last edited by Godgers12; 04-20-2016 at 02:28 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »