Home

An Early Look at Madden NFL 17 Presentation

This is a discussion on An Early Look at Madden NFL 17 Presentation within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2016, 12:34 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 11
Thank God people on OS can tell that this game is no better judging from one off screen camera shot. I guess I can save $60 from impressions made in late April when there is indeed no official information out.
Old 04-23-2016, 01:38 PM   #58
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: An Early Look at Madden NFL 17 Presentation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
The equipment argument is so interesting to me, because I literally can't tell any difference between various helmets, cleats, pads, etc., yet for some people it actually affects their decision to purchase the game.

As far as presentation goes, I know that some people are going to fight against it til the end of time, but EA is never going to take the path of, "we're going to limit ourselves to making an attempt to mirror only what is seen on TV broadcasts in real life." NEVER. They've been pretty transparent about their presentation philosophy. So one can still be upset and rail against their decisions on that front, but it's like hoping that they remove MUT from the game. It's just something that isn't going to happen.
I'm an equipment junkie but can totally understand why people don't care, to me it makes players more individual and adds depth and immersion to my experience. I'm not a presentation guy however as after a couple games I just skip it anyway.
Old 04-23-2016, 02:03 PM   #59
MVP

Oh lord have MERCY, why did you post this!!!? You just brought out the creatures from under the bridge dude. I think half of these guys are seriously trolling because I absolutely REFUSE to believe the majority of the posts I've read.

They make NO sense whatsoever and are completely illogical. I have more faith in humanity than what I'm seeing here. Somebody please tell me they're just playin around right...........right?
Old 04-23-2016, 02:08 PM   #60
Rookie

Allball76's Arena

Looks like nfl streets or NBA 2k the park ! Not like they would pose like that in the real NFL arcade type look !
Old 04-23-2016, 02:27 PM   #61
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
Oh lord have MERCY, why did you post this!!!? You just brought out the creatures from under the bridge dude. I think half of these guys are seriously trolling because I absolutely REFUSE to believe the majority of the posts I've read.

They make NO sense whatsoever and are completely illogical. I have more faith in humanity than what I'm seeing here. Somebody please tell me they're just playin around right...........right?
The reason most of us don't believe the "it's an early build that doesn't have the new equipment in it" line is because the same people said the same thing last year. And the year before. And the year before. And when EA releases their official screenshots they also don't have updated equipment. And everyone says "they're just waiting till later to reveal it" and then the game releases with the same 2001 nikes and gloves that look pathetic.

It's not trolling to ask for the developers to make a top quality project that pays attention to the details. As consumers we have a responsibility to demand greatness from products we buy. There's no need for you to attack people who point out flaws in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2016, 02:27 PM   #62
MVP

OVR: 9
Icon12 Re: An Early Look at Madden NFL 17 Presentation

The poses look ridiculous no doubt but the name graphics look great and remind me a lot of NFL Head Coach. Could this be a hint as to the direction of CFM for Madden 17?
Old 04-23-2016, 02:49 PM   #63
Rookie

NeuroDuck's Arena

Nice to see everyone overreacting over one screen shot. I actually really enjoyed madden and will really enjoy it this year.
Old 04-23-2016, 02:55 PM   #64

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
The reason most of us don't believe the "it's an early build that doesn't have the new equipment in it" line is because the same people said the same thing last year. And the year before. And the year before. And when EA releases their official screenshots they also don't have updated equipment. And everyone says "they're just waiting till later to reveal it" and then the game releases with the same 2001 nikes and gloves that look pathetic.

It's not trolling to ask for the developers to make a top quality project that pays attention to the details. As consumers we have a responsibility to demand greatness from products we buy. There's no need for you to attack people who point out flaws in the game.
Yes they have, but that's been said just weeks before release and leaves most skeptical.

This is 5 months prior to release which is just about half way through the dev cycle which by it's very definition is a very early build.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »