Home

Do You Care About Dangerous Hits in Madden?

This is a discussion on Do You Care About Dangerous Hits in Madden? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2016, 01:29 PM   #9
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Do You Care About Dangerous Hits in Madden?

I think what could help this is if there were a greater sense of self-preservation for individual players embedded in the physics, they should try to shield themselves better when they get into big pileups and in 100% certain "I am getting tackled" situations.

If the players were more actively defending themselves we might see fewer unrealistically violent situations (relative to the real-life NFL, at least).

Last edited by CM Hooe; 04-25-2016 at 03:15 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 04-25-2016, 01:32 PM   #10
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
The internet, in a nutshell
Did I do something hot take-y to you?
Old 04-25-2016, 01:38 PM   #11
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

OVR: 2

Bring back the big hits and realism. Something was removed in 16 that totally nerfs my pleasure of making a receiver across the middle pay for his actions. Bring back the helmets being nocked off. They come off in real life for Pete's sake.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2016, 01:45 PM   #12
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I think what could help this is if there were a greater sense of self-preservation for individual players embedded in the physics, they should try to shield themselves better when they get into big pileups and in 100% certain "I am getting tackled" situations.

If the players were more actively defending themselves we might see fewer unrealistically violent situations (relevant to the real-life NFL, at least).
Exactly, players need to defend themselves from imminent hits; it gets annoying seeing RB's, for example, running in a straight upright posture, and taking a hit in the same standing position; players need to put shoulders and heads down; WR's, when they jump in the air to catch a pass, may want to make their mid section smaller by crunching a little to protect that open mid section, but only when there is a high probability of getting hit, so if a hit threat is not present they can stretch full out and maybe gain RAC.
Old 04-25-2016, 01:46 PM   #13
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Did I do something hot take-y to you?
No. I thought your piece was great. I was referring to me saying I want it toned down and the next poster saying they love them and want them to stay as-is.
Old 04-25-2016, 01:51 PM   #14
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
No. I thought your piece was great. I was referring to me saying I want it toned down and the next poster saying they love them and want them to stay as-is.
You have an opinion and I have one..It is not an internet issue; it is a human issue, and opinions are free to give.
Old 04-25-2016, 02:01 PM   #15
Aqua?!

bigd51's Arena

Dangerous hits? What dangerous hits?

These players are so soft when they go to tackle, even if they hit them in the head, it won't be any harder than a Harbaugh helmet tap...

I'm not trying to turn this into a bashing thread or trying to get off topic, but when you see weak tackling like this on a consistent basis when playing the game, you don't put much thought in dangerous hits. In a way, considering it's just a game, it's almost refreshing to see a dangerous hit every now and then.

Look, games are games. I run over pedestrians in GTA on the reg, but it doesn't mean I don't care about human lives outside of that or trying to emulate it. All human life, to me, is important but I try to keep my real-world ideals and morals out of my decision making when playing games. If I didn't, I wouldn't have fun gaming.

Last edited by bigd51; 04-25-2016 at 02:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2016, 02:22 PM   #16
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

I think it takes away from the simulation to see players unrealistically launching themselves at guys that have been ruled down.

That's just me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »