Home

Best Madden installment over the past decade

This is a discussion on Best Madden installment over the past decade within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2016, 12:20 PM   #33
Pro

Herschie's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Best Madden installment over the past decade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jm0ney2001
2005/ Ray Lewis PS2.
Yes. Very realistic gameplay. For 17, they ought to port over this game engine instead of the one they've been using for the last underwhelming decade. I still play 05 on the Gamecube. Although I did like 12.
Old 04-28-2016, 01:19 PM   #34
Banned

Madden 16, period. I really liked 15, but this year's game is just fantastic. It's the first time I can easily say, for Madden, it's the best console football game ever released.

I liked 10, but still found NCAA 10 to be more fun. Otherwise, I have absolutely loathed Madden, and pined for the return of 2K.

I do wish more people could enjoy Madden 16 for what it is. It's not a sim, and Madden never has been a sim. It's an action console title, that try's to look and and feel authentic, but mostly tries to be fun over realistic.

Back in the 90's, the lack of Internet and simple graphics meant that no one expected it to be a true sim. And coming from FPS FBPro and the online sim leagues I ran and played in, the idea that a football game one used a controller with was a sim was a hilarious notion. I do miss good sports sims.

But I never try to shoehorn a console title into that category. For me, the gameplay has gotten so great, and the rise of MUT, with its shorter quarters, has created the same feeling I used to get when playing Madden for a night with a group of friends and a lot of beer. No one bitching about gaps, sim stats, or authentic play books and gear. It was just fun.

The experts that try to shoehorn Madden and other console titles into the sim category mostly ruin the fun. It would be one thing if that true sim ever existed, but it never did.

Madden 16 has just been non-stop fun since release day for me. I'll be buying Madden 17 on day one and hoping they can match this game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-28-2016, 01:52 PM   #35
Pro

clarkerots's Arena

OVR: 9

Madden 16 probably has the best gameplay, but outside of that, Franchise-wise, there's still no touching Madden 05........just the fact that you have to hire a head coach, offensive and defensive coordinator, and special teams coach alone.................
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2016, 02:49 PM   #36
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

In terms of gameplay, it's Madden 16 and it's not a tough debate. I play Madden for the most complete/realistic version of CFM + gameplay possible. So much attention is sometimes spent on all the things the game lacks that it can be easy to forget that this is the most realistic & most realistic feeling football game ever made. That does count for something.
Old 04-30-2016, 10:27 AM   #37
MVP

Madden 12. Still playing it. Offline franchise mode player so having the ability to edit players, play call from a situational game plan screen that I can install, set substitution packages that 'stick', experience decent AI and game play with good sliders are what I deem most important. Just a very solid, well-designed game without any bells and whistles that was aimed at the true hard-core football fan.

If EA decides to return to this foundation, I would consider purchasing a future installment. As it stands now, the game has gone in a direction that just isn't for me.
Old 05-02-2016, 01:53 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 3

Madden 12 still gets the majority of my football gaming play time. I loved the control over the franchise mode and when I found CPU vs CPU threads and found settings that worked for me, there was no other game that comes close for me (not even NFL 2K5!!!)

The gameplay graphics and presentation on Madden 16 are way above the rest of the series, but until EA puts options back into the Franchise mode (and they stop trying to FORCE me to play online), they will not be getting anymore of my money... unless I need to replace Madden 12 with a new copy that is.
Old 05-02-2016, 07:41 AM   #39
Pro

Gameplay wise - Madden 16.

Feature wise and overall enjoyment - Madden 05, 07, 10, 12, and HC_09. I know HC isn't a "Madden" but it is an EA title, so I'm throwing it in.

If they could bring over the features from these titles, combine it with '16's gameplay, we'd have one heck of a football game.
Old 05-02-2016, 08:38 AM   #40
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Madden 07 PS2 hands down

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »