Home

Problem Now with False Starts after Latest Update?

This is a discussion on Problem Now with False Starts after Latest Update? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2016, 08:14 AM   #49
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Problem Now with False Starts after Latest Update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobyskyline3
How long do you guys think it will take to get this fixed.... my concern with playing at 0 false starts is now players can just sit on the fake snap button until someone goes offside... not to mention the unstoppable d-line users who miraculously get a perfect release and shed the first block each play nearly instantly
You can try this and maybe it can help with what your talking about.Not sure yet as we havent had enough play since i turned false starts to 0 .

Turn your offsides down to 5 on the slider. Unless the patch effected this too( not sure cause my guys were affraid to even use fake snap last night after a few saw false starts everytime they did) but with the slider at 5 , we noticed something in our league. The CPU players will not jump offsides , even if you fake snap it 10 times.However , if the person usering dline jumps offsides, and you snap it, or they come to far across, it will be called.

We have actually been using this set up all year, to give offenses a way to combat those guys who have mastered dline usering and get on you most the time in a second and a half . To go along with that ( before patch screwed this up) we had false starts at 35, so an offense could fake snap more often than not and not draw a false start, but if done too much , it still would draw a false start so making it still a risk enough that people wouldnt abuse it as well.

Of course now this has happened. I have to turn it to 0 for now and just tell people they cant abuse fake snaps, but still be able to use it to draw offsides or at least throw off timing of those usering d-line.

Our league tests sliders hard at start of seasons for user vs user experiences. One thing i hate more than any that patches has ruined. After first update, we had found a perfect setting for DPI slider at 54 . It was a magic number at one time. It was so , that on a pass, if the user on defense pressed the defender ball, or defend player button too soon, it would trigger DPI everytime they pressed it to early. it was great because it was like real life. If defender doesn't time his attack right, he gets there too soon , and its DPI. Also what we liked about it was, it was not called on the CPU. We didnt like it called on CPU controlled players because if we had it at 55, it would happen rather often per game with just CPU players, even on uncatchable balls that were thrown over wr by 15 yards.So we had it perfect for user vs user league , and then a month later another patch hit, and screwed that up, and its never been right since. Can not find a balance to reproduce that now, and we have tried it all.

My point is , i agree with Roadman and many others here,and have said it for a long time, that QA team needs a new group of people in there.I get it , its alot to test, and im not really blaming them, but it really sucks when you find perfect slider setting ( like the DPI one i mentioned above,and how bad i wish we could get it back) and then a patch comes out for something out and messes up all that you had already worked on to fix the gameplay or penalty sliders how you think they should work.Very Frustrating, especially when your an online league with 28-32 people and everyone is accustomed to advancing every 2 days.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 04-27-2016, 08:15 AM   #50
D*lph*ns m*k* m* cry

OVR: 13

I was just getting back into my franchise and enjoying it immensely. Then this stupid patch and the false starts. Thank you ea for causing me to shelve the game! Nice job!

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
Old 04-27-2016, 08:31 AM   #51
Pro

Rubio809's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
You can try this and maybe it can help with what your talking about.Not sure yet as we havent had enough play since i turned false starts to 0 .

Turn your offsides down to 5 on the slider. Unless the patch effected this too( not sure cause my guys were affraid to even use fake snap last night after a few saw false starts everytime they did) but with the slider at 5 , we noticed something in our league. The CPU players will not jump offsides , even if you fake snap it 10 times.However , if the person usering dline jumps offsides, and you snap it, or they come to far across, it will be called
One of the first things I did was go in and turn False starts slider down to 5. Not seeing the 30-40/game, but still seeing so many that it is not realistic at all. Haven't messed with the "offsides" slider because I haven't noticed an unusual amount of those.

What did the False Start slider at 0 result in?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2016, 08:44 AM   #52
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio809
One of the first things I did was go in and turn False starts slider down to 5. Not seeing the 30-40/game, but still seeing so many that it is not realistic at all. Haven't messed with the "offsides" slider because I haven't noticed an unusual amount of those.

Well i can tell you once more games get played but for now , i just did that to keep it from happening at all, because even at 35 it was happening every single time someone fake snapped. So to go with caution we just turned it completely off for now until ea fixes it. I may try it at 5 though thanks for the info.This time of year we arent really trying to keep having to test sliders like we do exstensively at start of the year.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 04-27-2016, 08:46 AM   #53
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio809

I only mentioned the offsides slider to scooby because he was concerned guys wouldnt be able to fake snap and that gave those who user dline too much advantage. So was just telling him, we found with the offsides at 5 , the cpu players wont jump ( so if someone uses fakesnaps they cant just draw offsides the cpu ai and get cheap yards that way) , but is still effective in calling it on user players to give both sides of the ball an equal balance and not one an advantage over the other.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 04-27-2016, 09:00 AM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 2

I did have some other penalties in my game. I had one holding called against the CPU and actually an illegal forward pass against the CPU as well.

Like everyone I had the false starts issue every time CPU or I did a fake snap.
Old 04-27-2016, 09:05 AM   #55
Rookie

scoobyskyline3's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
I only mentioned the offsides slider to scooby because he was concerned guys wouldnt be able to fake snap and that gave those who user dline too much advantage. So was just telling him, we found with the offsides at 5 , the cpu players wont jump ( so if someone uses fakesnaps they cant just draw offsides the cpu ai and get cheap yards that way) , but is still effective in calling it on user players to give both sides of the ball an equal balance and not one an advantage over the other.
Thanks for the advice bud, i had been using 54 for our league and we had pretty realistic penalties, some were a little too frequent but it increased the value of having disciplined traits on players. I just hope that they dont ruin the game even more trying to fix this. Next week we get an update and then little green men are running around shooting players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2016, 09:07 AM   #56
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I normally shy away from using the word "broken" to talk about sports games, as I think it's abused on internet forums.

This time, however, this patch broke the game for me. It literally went from easily my favorite Madden ever to a game I can't play at all.

Thank god for The Show.

I was thinking last night that if Belichick ran the Madden team, somebody would have been cut this morning.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »