Home

New head of CFM Announced Last night

This is a discussion on New head of CFM Announced Last night within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2016, 07:11 PM   #25
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: New head of CFM Announced Last night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
You kill me man. He's new to the position, and he's not a biological or psychological clone of Kolbe, so it's likely that he'll have some ideas of his own that are new and different and take the mode in new directions that take several years to realize fully, which he almost certainly won't see to completion because that's the way it works in Madden.

That's my beef.

I get that you see nothing but rainbows, and I'm happy for you in that regard. I'm a cynic by nature, and I see an increased likelihood that CFM, which is already a weird mixture of partially realized ideas, will continue to feel develop in the scattershot fashion that has defined recent iterations of the game.

I hope I'm wrong and I hope the new guy does a good job. Pretty much all I want is for the game not to get markedly worse during the "development" process. And I want CFM to be as gimmick-free and as simulation-oriented as possible. We'll see if that's what we get or not in a few months.

No it's not all rainbows, I am not happy with CFM right now, I barely played CFM this year. I've sat face to face with these guys and they have a great vision and its simulation oriented , also if anyone wants to talk to John for themselves he's on Twitter @EA_White.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2016, 07:28 PM   #26
MVP

Toupal's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
He and Kolbe worked together on 16, so the only difference in leadership is that John is the lead now. I still fully believe what I said about my high hopes for CFM with John White leading, this will be the same vision going forward. John is a really cool dude, he's young and passionate about simulation, every time I talked with him it was about making things realistic and true to the NFL.
I sure hope you're right! I want the sim players to get some love.
Old 04-29-2016, 07:33 PM   #27
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
New head of CFM Announced Last night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
I sure hope you're right! I want the sim players to get some love.

Trust me I'm not here to lie to anyone. I made the mistake in the past of making claims without having actual facts and proof for myself but since I've had a chance to be down there for myself last year, I am going to do things differently now.
Old 04-29-2016, 08:21 PM   #28
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

This isn't anything new with Madden. Guys come and go. The vision will remain the same, whether you think it's great or horrible. Seems like people are interchangeable at this point. Madden will be Madden no matter who's there or not.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 04-29-2016, 08:47 PM   #29
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Whatever this guys vision is, I hope it's vastly different than the last two. We thought Looman was going to be the guy but then they merged modes which has become a disaster IMO and then he got caught up in this RPG/XP death tornado. Then we got Kolbe and it's hard to know what his vision really was but just based on what changed in CFM last year and some of the things I heard him say it seemed like it was more about getting new people to play the mode than actually improving it. I understand they're in a tough spot with it though. CFM is probably by far the least played mode so it doesn't make much sense to invest heavily in something that isn't likely to attract new players either way.

My biggest fear is that they continue pushing cosmetic additions that don't really do much to improve the mode as well as continuing to retool things. And along with that I hope it works out of the box. Recently it seems like more years than not there has been some kind of issue that makes virtually unplayable until a month or so after release.
Old 04-29-2016, 09:11 PM   #30
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Whatever this guys vision is, I hope it's vastly different than the last two. We thought Looman was going to be the guy but then they merged modes which has become a disaster IMO and then he got caught up in this RPG/XP death tornado. Then we got Kolbe and it's hard to know what his vision really was but just based on what changed in CFM last year and some of the things I heard him say it seemed like it was more about getting new people to play the mode than actually improving it. I understand they're in a tough spot with it though. CFM is probably by far the least played mode so it doesn't make much sense to invest heavily in something that isn't likely to attract new players either way.

My biggest fear is that they continue pushing cosmetic additions that don't really do much to improve the mode as well as continuing to retool things. And along with that I hope it works out of the box. Recently it seems like more years than not there has been some kind of issue that makes virtually unplayable until a month or so after release.
I agree that their philosophy for the mode for the last few years has not been great for what most of us here want.

I know that it seems to be fundamentally against EA's mission statement, but I would love it if they would just have this one mode for us. A mode where they don't worry about accessibility in an attempt to grow the numbers of the mode. If they made CFM the football equivalent of NBA 2K's MyLeague, they would be shocked at how overwhelmingly positive the response would be.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 04-29-2016, 09:27 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
There is plenty I think Tiburon can and will do to improve the CFM experience - and I'm sure John will have no problem executing on the creative vision of CFM going forward to build up the experience - but given that every major mechanic added to the game since Madden 13 introduced XP has built upon and reinforced the concept - be it Game Prep, Dynamic Drive Goals, Goal Chaining, or whatever else - I think any wish for XP to go away remains a non-starter for Madden 17.
Not disagreeing with you, but then I probably won't like what they do with M17 CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2016, 09:32 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I expect a more immersive CFM with better presentation, now as far as XP goes, I have no idea on that, but I do think people will be impressed this year just based on the things Kolbe and John shared with me last year. Kolbe didn't leave until nearly the very end of this cycle so this game should be carrying out their vision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JP, I don't know how they can talk about being CFM sim and have XP/goals as a progression system. That leaves me little faith. I agree with Chris that it's probably unrealistic getting a non-xp progression system.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »