Home

New head of CFM Announced Last night

This is a discussion on New head of CFM Announced Last night within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2016, 09:39 PM   #33
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: New head of CFM Announced Last night

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
JP, I don't know how they can talk about being CFM sim and have XP/goals as a progression system. That leaves me little faith. I agree with Chris that it's probably unrealistic getting a non-xp progression system.
I was just going to say this. I dont see anything sim about a COD style XP system , then adding drive goals for even more xp . This is the worst part to me about it, when they announced adding drive goals last year, their exact words - "Dynamic Drive Goals truly influence the way you play." The issue is the desire for XP/Stats to the point it influences the way you play, is the exact opposite of sim. Bottom line.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 04-29-2016, 09:50 PM   #34
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexicon
I don't mind XP so much if it were left to the off-season. Mini-camps, training camps, and things of that nature would be fun to earn XP or progress your players. It's so prominent in the regular season that it really overtakes everything else. Even inside the games themselves. It's just too much.
I'm with you there. XP was tied to more things, like having veteran workouts at stage 8 or whatever or rookie minicamps after the draft where you could take those specific players and game prep them and do drills with them (in actually practice gear, not full uniforms), it wouldn't make it seem so gamey and give a lot more substance.

And from there, I really hope coaching is addressed this time around. One, we should at least be able to hire coordinators, and two, coaches should have ratings like players do and not just those XP packages. There should be a difference between an Andy Reid coached team and a Mike Zimmer coached team, especially in which and how guys develop.
Old 04-29-2016, 10:42 PM   #35
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I agree that their philosophy for the mode for the last few years has not been great for what most of us here want.

I know that it seems to be fundamentally against EA's mission statement, but I would love it if they would just have this one mode for us. A mode where they don't worry about accessibility in an attempt to grow the numbers of the mode. If they made CFM the football equivalent of NBA 2K's MyLeague, they would be shocked at how overwhelmingly positive the response would be.
Totally agree. I look at franchise mode as a niche mode kind of like zombies for a CoD game. The average player will probably give it a shot and might play it a little bit but it won't be there main gamemode. But then there is also a dedicated player base that essentially wouldn't play the game at all if not for that singular mode. I don't know how many people are like this with Madden but my purchase this year completely hinges on what CFM info they release. Play now games are only fun for so long and I will never play MUT or DC and I feel like MUT players are the same way. No matter how good you make CFM, the average person who plays MUT likely still won't even touch it. Hopefully we'll get some substantial depth back in franchise mode and additions that don't revolve around ease of use and accessibility.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2016, 12:27 AM   #36
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Totally agree. I look at franchise mode as a niche mode kind of like zombies for a CoD game. The average player will probably give it a shot and might play it a little bit but it won't be there main gamemode. But then there is also a dedicated player base that essentially wouldn't play the game at all if not for that singular mode. I don't know how many people are like this with Madden but my purchase this year completely hinges on what CFM info they release. Play now games are only fun for so long and I will never play MUT or DC and I feel like MUT players are the same way. No matter how good you make CFM, the average person who plays MUT likely still won't even touch it. Hopefully we'll get some substantial depth back in franchise mode and additions that don't revolve around ease of use and accessibility.
I understand what you're saying, but I don't get that some people never even play - or rarely play - CFM. And I think that for that to change, they need to make CFM SO IMMERSIVE!!!

We need to feel like a coach, or player, or owner, and worry about things that those people do in real life. I still feel they should bring a disciplinary action into the game, where you get a report in your news feed that some guy you drafted got busted for dope. If they don't want to use real players, fine, but make it with the drafted guys that are all fictional anyway.

Give us the options on how to discipline the guy, knowing that what we decide will have an effect on future situations. But... don't go overboard. Subtlety, EA, subtlety... this is one thing EA never gets. They bring something in - like OBJ catches - and you see it so much that after one season it gets old. It should be RARE!!! So that when it does actually happen, it's like a major WOW factor for us.

Immerse us in CFM! Make it so turning the game off becomes darn near impossible! Add assistant coaches, trainers, scouts and have them all work - good or bad - in a way that directly affects how your team plays and give us the option to fire them and hire better people if needed!

It's 2016... there's so much that should be in this game but isn't... and that's why so many of us are frustrated.

Old 04-30-2016, 12:37 AM   #37

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

XP just needs to go away. So tired of it.

Unfortunately, I feel we're at the point of no return with it because they would have to go through a drastic change to do so. I hate franchise mode playing like an RPG.
Old 04-30-2016, 03:48 AM   #38
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

Way way way too much turnover at Tiburon year after year. It's mind boggling really. No business could run effectively with that much constant change.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 04-30-2016, 07:39 AM   #39
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz
Way way way too much turnover at Tiburon year after year. It's mind boggling really. No business could run effectively with that much constant change.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
I don't think it's any different than any other company out there, it's just that when a developer leaves Madden, it's big news to this community. When a employee leaves company abc, no one in the Madden community cares.

I posted this in another thread:

This is from the Bureau of Labor Statistics:

The median number of years that wage and salary workers had been with their current
employer was 4.6 years in January 2014, unchanged from January 2012, the U.S. Bureau
of Labor Statistics reported today.

Kolbe worked at EA since 2012, pretty close to the national average.
Old 04-30-2016, 08:07 AM   #40
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
This isn't anything new with Madden. Guys come and go. The vision will remain the same, whether you think it's great or horrible. Seems like people are interchangeable at this point. Madden will be Madden no matter who's there or not.

This is the thing. Madden is Madden. It will always be Madden. Now that isn't a bad thing, per se. Many people like it that way. That's fine. And Rex gives me some optimism about Madden being more in line with what I EXPECT out of not just a football game, but sport game in 2016 in general. However, I'm not under the slightest illusion that things will be different. I'll buy, like I do every year. And enjoy it for what it is. M16 was a good game overall. CFM left me disappointed, again. That's where the replay value lies with me. Meld that with NFL Head Coach/PS2 era Franchise and I'd never put the game down. But that's not in the creative direction they want to go it seems. That's the reality of where we are. I accept that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »