Home

New head of CFM Announced Last night

This is a discussion on New head of CFM Announced Last night within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2016, 08:30 AM   #41
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: New head of CFM Announced Last night

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Totally agree. I look at franchise mode as a niche mode kind of like zombies for a CoD game. The average player will probably give it a shot and might play it a little bit but it won't be there main gamemode. But then there is also a dedicated player base that essentially wouldn't play the game at all if not for that singular mode. I don't know how many people are like this with Madden but my purchase this year completely hinges on what CFM info they release. Play now games are only fun for so long and I will never play MUT or DC and I feel like MUT players are the same way. No matter how good you make CFM, the average person who plays MUT likely still won't even touch it. Hopefully we'll get some substantial depth back in franchise mode and additions that don't revolve around ease of use and accessibility.
Online modes is where its at now. That's the reality with Madden, 2K and The Show. Those games have logically put more resources into those modes; it only makes sense. That's where the money is. I get it. Still, they offer an compelling enough single player experience that "offliners" can get their worth. It's not perfect, I had to quit MyGM because LeBron went to the sorry Nets along with a bunch of other silly moves. Killed the immersion and I couldn't control everything. I had MyLeague to fall back on where I control everything and have been having a blast. CFM feels like it was made for online from the ground up. I remember reading somewhere that franchise disappeared so that improvements could be made simultaneously for both online and offline. To kinda streamline things. That doesn't seem to be the case as CFM hasn't undergone any major "franchise type" improvements in years now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2016, 08:34 AM   #42
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I think, as far as CFM goes, it just a matter of waiting to find out what's behind door #1.

If Rex is saying last August that CFM is an area that needs great improvement and is lacking in 16, it's all just a matter of time and additions what CFM will bring to us in 17 and beyond.
Old 04-30-2016, 09:27 AM   #43
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

At this point it makes no difference to me who is in charge of what when it comes to madden. The vision is always exactly the same, just throw out buzz words like "sim" "realistic" "true to life" "what you see on Sunday" etc. Yet we get xp based progression, cpu teams drafting qbs 3 years in a row, oh and we are still missing all the realistic things from 2 console generations ago like training camps, roster battles, hold outs, etc.

It's just so frustrating that other sports games improve year to year(NONE of them are perfect) but it's like madden goes the slow burn route just to milk it. online players have cfm, MUT, and draft champions now give offline players an immersive mode to get lost in.
Old 04-30-2016, 09:35 AM   #44
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I am looking forward to the reveal.

In online interviews, video or written, everything Rex has stated about what he feels needs to be in the game, has been improved or implemented.

That's why I am encouraged for CFM in 17.

Last edited by roadman; 04-30-2016 at 09:47 AM.
Old 04-30-2016, 10:55 AM   #45
MVP

OVR: 2

I agree Squid. The release will be a bunch of catchphrases and will probably end up being the same crap that we see year after year. Hope that I am wrong, but I have little hope that we will see a great change in CFM. Little changes here and there that might be good in a few years when everything takes shape.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2016, 01:06 PM   #46
MVP

RyanLaFalce's Arena

There are two things we need in Madden:

Shareable draft classes and Face/Body scans for sure. If we get those, M17 will be just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-30-2016, 02:04 PM   #47
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLaFalce
There are two things we need in Madden:

Shareable draft classes and Face/Body scans for sure. If we get those, M17 will be just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is a perfect example of the difficultly the development team faces when adding new things. The two things you have listed would be ranked like 2000 on my personal wishlist.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 04-30-2016, 02:32 PM   #48
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
This is a perfect example of the difficultly the development team faces when adding new things. The two things you have listed would be ranked like 2000 on my personal wishlist.

The list that Shopmaster made is a good indicator of what they will prioritize, just FYI

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »