Home

Madden NFL 17 Address All 3 Phases of the Game: Offense, Defense & Special Teams

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Address All 3 Phases of the Game: Offense, Defense & Special Teams within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2016, 10:45 PM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 17 Address All 3 Phases of the Game: Offense, Defense & Special Teams

Has anyone ever compared the promises laced in the initial press release with the final build of the game each year? I would be interested in doing so with the past 5-10 incarnations so as to determine the degree to which one should temper expectations. Just off the top of my head, 'improved defensive AI' seems to be an almost annual theme, and I am almost certain running back style differentiation (bruiser versus agile) was mentioned in a previous year.

Last edited by Yanks1408; 05-12-2016 at 10:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2016, 10:49 PM   #82
MVP

Re: Madden NFL 17 Address All 3 Phases of the Game: Offense, Defense & Special Teams

Color me impressed and I don't easily get impressed. But I'm definitely intrigued by gap assignment, getting back to football. It took 10years to notice you again hope you guys are happy
Old 05-12-2016, 10:52 PM   #83
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoChris
The fact that special teams is FINALLY addressed is a day 1 purchase for me. About time that this part of the game is included.
When I think of special teams I wonder if they will utilize those same new ball carrier improvements to reflect on punt/kick off returns by the CPU players?

Think about it when is the last time you had a CPU returner take one to the house on you or better yet when is the last time a CPU team blocked a kick?

So I would be really cautious on these special teams announcements until I see some videos showing it's in the game....

And to certain degree they seem to speak of the Human player controlling these Ball Carriers what about the CPU side of the ball?

I think in all of EA sports games they tend to forget there's a lot of guys who play the CPU offline in single player mode and we love to see the AI take advantage of these upgrades against doing gameplay.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 05-12-2016, 10:55 PM   #84
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateDogPack12
I'm so very excited about this rendition of Madden. Many of you that have seen my posts know that I'm by no means an apologist for this game, but I'm going to be optimistic this cycle. I think this team has worked hard the last one or two rounds and we are finally heading in a really positive direction.

The real test will be to see what's under the hood. The little things matter and will make or break the game.
You know how in MLB and NBA 2K you have to gameplan for players, approach teams differently, etc. The reason being because ratings matter and there is depth to the gameplay that is a product of an intelligent engine? I just want a football equivalent of this.
Old 05-12-2016, 11:12 PM   #85
Banned

Brightline's Arena

OVR: 0

No way to now how al this turns out at this point but I am very encouraged and excited about the direction they are trying to move the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2016, 11:22 PM   #86
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanks1408
You know how in MLB and NBA 2K you have to gameplan for players, approach teams differently, etc. The reason being because ratings matter and there is depth to the gameplay that is a product of an intelligent engine? I just want a football equivalent of this.
Same. I wanna feel the pressure before the game even starts if I'm facing the Broncos defense "ok gotta max protect and go with quick hits in the passing game, make sure the qb has both hands on the ball at all times bc Von and Demarcus are coming to knock it out".
Old 05-12-2016, 11:29 PM   #87
MVP

Blocked kicks in a madden game is this real life, no way this is real. I didn't see it since I last posted but yep if that's in the game I'm definitely buying the game.
Old 05-13-2016, 12:27 AM   #88
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Really hope that players will attempt more low tackles.

The high tackle attempt by a smaller player (#11) just would not happen against a player as physical as Gronk.

So with the new defensive features, I hope there is some AI "tackle logic" to consider some aspect of the offensive player they're attempting to bring down.

Hopefully the "coffin-kick" is gone and high hanging punts are in.

The big question though with special teams is the role of the "Snapper" as most of missed FG's are due to the snap and/or hold, more so, than the accuracy of the kicker.

I would imagine that they're still going to want to have the failure of kicks be based on user error, so it will most certainly be about the new kick meter, because snapping and holding will most likely still be automatically perfect.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »