Home

How to get the most out of progression??

This is a discussion on How to get the most out of progression?? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2016, 02:32 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
How to get the most out of progression??

Has anyone been able to decipher what attributes increase the OVR for certain positions?

I do a 32 team control CFM and for the past two seasons I've been doing the entire leagues progression, primarily because I want some of the younger player's OVRs to mirror their statistical output (trying to eliminate WRs who consistently post 80+ receptions/year and still have OVRs in the 70s) so they receive the proper contracts an interest on the FA market.

The problem is, after all this work, I still cant seem to discern which attributes help to increase the OVR for certain positions, especially WRs, RBs, DL and CBs. QBs are the only ones that seem fail-safe: increase accuracy and awareness and the OVR sky rockets (probably a bit too much).

Most other positions seem downright arbitrary at times. You would think raising a WRs catch would be the most beneficial. Most times however, it has no effect on OVR. On a rare occasion it does though. Sometimes, raising a LBs PRC has a great effect and other times none. RBs have been especially troublesome. I've been focusing on AWR and BCV and sometimes it works but rarely. It's been very difficult repopulating the league with quality runners.

So, has anyone had any consistent success in this regard? If so, I would love to know your secret.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2016, 06:47 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How to get the most out of progression??

Couldn't find the original article concerning the formula for each individual position so this will have to do. What you're looking for in here is a table about of a quarter of the way down the page.
http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/madden/#part1

This will tell you the makeup and what stat Madden figures the most into the overall formula for each position. Obviously some stats will be more driven by awareness than others, just simply by the fact that there are fewer stats that are really applicable to that position, while other positions (like WR) are much more complex.

Hope you find it useful!
Old 05-13-2016, 06:48 AM   #3
Pro

These are from a few years ago, but they are pretty accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2020: 52-39
Old 05-13-2016, 07:02 AM   #4
Rookie

I'm surprised that you haven't been able to get good RBs. In my league, only 1 team, I can't give RBs away to the computer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-13-2016, 07:44 PM   #5
Rookie

I've actually seen and studied that article and it's what I've been using as a basis thus far but it doesn't seem to work. For example, I'll spend all of a WRs points (sometimes over 6k) on CTH, RTE and/or AWR and his OVR will still go up by only 1. If it's less than 5k points, he may not go up at all. This is why I have perennial all-pro receivers who are still rated in the high 70s. Very frustrated.
One question I have is whether anyone has figured out a threshold for AWR. The thread from the guy who dissected the code said it modifies all other attributes but that elite players only need to get it so high. I usually try to work it up to the 70s then focus on CTH and RTE. If all three are high, as they sometimes are with veterans, I'll go back to AWR. Even then it seems to have little effect.

Do you think it's possible that so excited guys just have a limit to their OVR, perhaps based on their physical attributes and maybe their development rating?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2016, 08:59 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fringeelement
I've actually seen and studied that article and it's what I've been using as a basis thus far but it doesn't seem to work. For example, I'll spend all of a WRs points (sometimes over 6k) on CTH, RTE and/or AWR and his OVR will still go up by only 1. If it's less than 5k points, he may not go up at all. This is why I have perennial all-pro receivers who are still rated in the high 70s. Very frustrated.
One question I have is whether anyone has figured out a threshold for AWR. The thread from the guy who dissected the code said it modifies all other attributes but that elite players only need to get it so high. I usually try to work it up to the 70s then focus on CTH and RTE. If all three are high, as they sometimes are with veterans, I'll go back to AWR. Even then it seems to have little effect.

Do you think it's possible that so excited guys just have a limit to their OVR, perhaps based on their physical attributes and maybe their development rating?
5K is nothing at all. i generally store up around three years worth of XP for a young player before spending them. took a rookie WR from 78 OVR to 88. same for a LG.

CB remains the hardest to improve. the trick is to, during the offseason, move them to FS, then to OLB before spending their XP on MCV/ZCV. then move them back to FS and then back to CB. they are still the hardest position to improve but it does work.
Old 05-17-2016, 10:06 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajra21

CB remains the hardest to improve. the trick is to, during the offseason, move them to FS, then to OLB before spending their XP on MCV/ZCV. then move them back to FS and then back to CB. they are still the hardest position to improve but it does work.
Great idea. I hadn't thought of that. I just cranked up the XP slider for corners to 230 percent. Tbh that still didn't result in any truly dominant cornerbacks, even guys with superstar trait and the speed / length you would think could become shutdown guys

Honestly one of the bigger gripes I have with '16 is more than '15 the difference between an average starter and a higher end player seems almost nil for most positions if you play deep into CFM. Like there's a lot of low 80s DB's and the few that get to 90 ish play only slightly better. It's like there are few dominant / transcendental guys on any team.

Only position that still seems to have big differentiation is 4-3 DE where I indeed had guys hit some nice sack totals and CPU guys threaten me big time. All other positions were meh. WR for example nobody drafted ever would become an Alshon or Mike Evans or whatever, because spec catch and CIt and release is too hard to come by.
Old 05-18-2016, 09:28 AM   #8
Banned

This is why I have perennial all-pro receivers who are still rated in the high 70s. Very frustrated.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »