Home

Who will be your CFM team in madden 17 and how will you improve them?

This is a discussion on Who will be your CFM team in madden 17 and how will you improve them? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2016, 10:12 PM   #17
Rookie

RW Nole's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Who will be your CFM team in madden 17 and how will you improve them?

Jags

I'd love to build around Bortles and that defense. It's a young team with a proven commodity at QB AND cap space. Very rare combination. OL is priority 1, 2, and 3. My preference is to build through draft as you get cost-controlled talent with 4-5 year contracts but I'm willing to spend some of my sizable cap space for the right OL.....or two.

That defense....wow! Young and fast. I'm playing Miles Jack day one and he will team with Telvin Smith at LB on nickle sets, talk about speed. Besides OL, I will also look to add pieces at MLB, WR, CB, TE, DT through draft and short term FA contracts. I don't do long term deals for free agents typically.
Old 05-14-2016, 02:58 AM   #18
Rookie

No Wayy Andre's Arena

OVR: 0

I think the Jaguars are going to be a real popular team in Madden, especially if they start putting it together in real life. They have a totally revamped young defense with a great scheme. An offense that features a great young core. I'll probably try my hand at them. The OL needs some development, offense needs some overall consistency, and defense just needs to build some chemistry. That young secondary will be fun to develop.

Of course, I'll be rocking my Chargers. My main focus will be securing a new stadium in San Diego, lol just kidding (but really now). I'll look to develop the OL and get some consistency out of them so Melvin Gordon can finally show something. Honestly MGIII will probably be my biggest focus. The defense is looking real nice too.
Old 05-14-2016, 03:46 AM   #19
MVP

Hushroom's Arena

OVR: 10

I think the Texans are going to be a ton of fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Milwaukee Bucks
Vegas Golden Knights
Old 05-14-2016, 08:36 PM   #20
Rookie

Colts.

I will focus on developing TJ Green and Le'Raven Clark. Green should develop into an elite safety with that length and athleticism.

Draft-wise, I will go hard after a pass rusher. Mathis and Cole are old. I will trade up very high if I have to. Other needs include a stud corner opposite Vontae Davis, and a good coverage linebacker.
Old 05-14-2016, 09:23 PM   #21
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

I always start with the chargers. Looking forward to getting Hunter Henry and Keenan Allen in the hall of fame!

I also enjoy drafting Rivers successor.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2016, 10:43 AM   #22
Pro

scooterperpetual's Arena

Always play as the Texans, may eventually play as a different team but I love playing with my hometown teams.

Plans are to beef up the O and D lines. Other than that really only thing I want to improve is the secondary.

Texans have a lot of pieces so its really just going to be plugging a few holes.

Then just planning for replacing older guys.

Also probably going to get Andre Johnson on my roster just for fun, regardless if he signs somewhere else.
Old 05-15-2016, 06:31 PM   #23
Rookie

I'm (yet another) Pats fan, and usually my first run through on CFM I play with them. I don't see next year being any different. They're always interesting though.

The franchise is always easy for one year when Brady and Gronk shred every defense but once Brady is gone, everything will need a massive overhaul. The O-line only looks decent because of Brady's quick release and there is no depth whatsoever at RB or WR. Not to mention that Edelman and Amendola's skills don't translate too well to Madden. I'd like to see how Garoppolo could do but Brissett is another option.

The Pats have massive depth at D-line and OLB, but the secondary (specifically the safeties) are getting old and some more young talent could be needed there. With Spikes and Mayo gone they'll need an ILB who can control the field and let Collins and Hightower fly around. Contract situation at the end of the first year shouldn't be too bad now that Jones is gone, but there are still major players (Hightower, Collins, Butler) who will need to be paid.

If I were playing as another team, I'd look towards the Browns or Giants as they're both lacking an identity on either side of the football (yes I know OBJ) and can be molded into whatever I please. Though rebuilding either of those defenses will be a massive task.
Old 05-15-2016, 06:36 PM   #24
MVP

Lisac's Arena

Bears and Bengals as every year!
Bears- trade Cutler and look for another QB (prob Connor Cook or create Adams from Oregon since undrafted and go from there
Bengals- they will be good again but prob trade Rb Hill or Bernard for Rookie WR

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »