Home

I've played ~40 hours of Madden 17: AMAlmost Anything (Answers in first post)

This is a discussion on I've played ~40 hours of Madden 17: AMAlmost Anything (Answers in first post) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2016, 02:47 PM   #41
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: I've played ~40 hours of Madden 17: AMAlmost Anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbkaeoz33
Does awareness play a factor in gap assignments? Or can any player of any rating control a gap without issue?? In other words, will my back up, 65 overall NT control their assigned gap with the same success as a high rated player like Aaron Donald?

Ratings definitely do play a part, but I don't think awareness is as important as you'd think. I didn't do any specific comparisons between players as it relates to gap control but I imagine block shed, strength, speed and play rec play more of a role.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2016, 02:56 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 0

Another one of my gameplay peeves in Madden is that juke moves and stiff arms are not that effective. This resulted in people using the spin move for their primary juke move in 16. One-on-one situations are too canned resulting in a tackle if contact is made during a juke move even when the defender and ball carrier momentum is going opposite directions. Are the jukes and stiff arms more effective in 17? I want to get to the point where making contact with a defender while juking doesn't automatically result in a tackle.

Last edited by SportsGamer94; 05-14-2016 at 03:01 PM.
Old 05-14-2016, 03:02 PM   #43
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGamer94
Another one of my gameplay peeves in Madden is that juke moves and stiff arms are not that effective. This resulted in people using the spin move for their primary juke move in 16. One-on-one situations are too canned resulting in a tackle if contact is made during a juke move even when the defender and ball carrier momentum is going opposite directions. Are the jukes and stiff arms more effective in 17? I want to get to the point where making contact with a defender while juking doesn't automatically result in a tackle.

I'll be able to talk about this more when they get more in depth about the tiered system. Some of these moves are more or less effective depending on the tier of ball carrier.
Old 05-14-2016, 03:07 PM   #44
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

1. Can you elaborate on franchise some? 45 man gameday rosters, waivers, RFA, practice squads, formation subs, new scouting system? Any of those make it in? Or just say the ones that didn't make the cut.

2. They said they added more trick plays on ST, can you elaborate? Are there trick plays on kickoffs and PR's as well? Also, did they add any new trick plays to offense?

3. How steep is the learning curve? I hate relearning what works and what doesn't. Crosses, drags, and post/corners are a huge part of my offense.

4. Is the ice the kicker the same as it was in NCAA where the meter is frozen over, and does the clutch trait counter i?

5. Speaking of the meter, how hard is it really? Will we finally see people missing chip shots on occasion? And did they make accuracy matter, so even if you perfect the meter, but have a crap K you can still miss?

6. In your opinion is running easier, harder or thE same as 16?

7. What kind of new plays will we see on offense?

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows

Last edited by Godgers12; 05-14-2016 at 03:09 PM.
Old 05-14-2016, 03:12 PM   #45
Rookie

How's the menus? Different? Smoother ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2016, 03:17 PM   #46
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

Have to get on another flight, so I'll be back in about 4 hours or so. Please re-read the first post and edit your questions accordingly. I cannot get very specific nor talk about things they haven't talked about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-14-2016, 05:29 PM   #47
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Can you say anything about how the running game felt? Does the ball carrier seem to be more grounded and have more momentum.

And with the new gap play, can you cut back easier to avoid defenders?
Old 05-14-2016, 05:55 PM   #48
Rookie

Danbo80's Arena

OVR: 2

On EA's madden site under the "whats new in madden" section they referred to franchise mode not once but twice. Does that mean they're scrapping CCM for an all new "Franchise" mode?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »