Home

I've played ~40 hours of Madden 17: AMAlmost Anything (Answers in first post)

This is a discussion on I've played ~40 hours of Madden 17: AMAlmost Anything (Answers in first post) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2016, 09:19 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: I've played ~40 hours of Madden 17: AMAlmost Anything

Would you say that coverage as a whole is better. Like elite DBS playing like stars, average ones are hit or miss and terrible ones getting beat more times than not
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2016, 10:03 PM   #66
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

Hopefully you can answer a few of these.

Is there a gap different between 4-3 and 3-4?

Are blitzes effected by the new gap system?

Are gaps able to be re-assigned? (Shift, Stunt, Crash)?

Did they remove the Over-Powered Double Juke?

They touched on franchise mode, is it re-designed or upgraded?

Did they remove the catch system from last season?

Does CPU attack ball carriers differently based on ball carrier type?

With the zone blocking, are all teams zone blocking based?

Do the secondary shading techniques WORK?

Are there new zone assignments or did they just re-configure plays with the same old zones you could hit route?

With gap control, do dominant interior DT or NTs command double teams in pass rush or rushing more often? (Does JJ Watt get extra attention)

Does Gap Control go out passed he A/B gaps?

Can all of the new "on field cues" be turned off?

If I have C and B gap covered, and send a CB blitz with no blocking help, will the OT or OG pull as a psychic knowing I'm sending it, or will they be forced to block the people in front of them?

Can you adjust Offensive Line assignments? (Not the basic left right pinch etc.)

With Gap Control do you feel a difference with elite front 4s?

Did you notice pity pat OL vs DL interaction?

I know some of these may be iffy, or impressions. But I tried to stick to the theme and what they've touched on.

Any answers are greatly appreciated.

Last edited by BreakingBad2013; 05-14-2016 at 10:06 PM.
Old 05-14-2016, 10:45 PM   #67
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kfran746
Would you say that coverage as a whole is better. Like elite DBS playing like stars, average ones are hit or miss and terrible ones getting beat more times than not
I'm not allowed to say anything is better or worse, sorry. I mentioned earlier though that I noticed the zone ratings affecting how players performed in the pattern match zones.
Old 05-14-2016, 10:57 PM   #68
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakingBad2013
Hopefully you can answer a few of these.

Is there a gap different between 4-3 and 3-4? I did not get to test this the way I wanted to.

Are blitzes effected by the new gap system? Yes, it is possible to get gap pressure using blitzes, since the gaps are now correctly occupied by DLinemen.

Are gaps able to be re-assigned? (Shift, Stunt, Crash)? I don't know the answer to this.

Did they remove the Over-Powered Double Juke? The ball carrier tiers should help alleviate this problem for most players.

They touched on franchise mode, is it re-designed or upgraded? I cannot talk about Franchise yet.

Did they remove the catch system from last season? No

Does CPU attack ball carriers differently based on ball carrier type? Not really.

With the zone blocking, are all teams zone blocking based? I don't know if I can answer this directly, but I can say they did not remove any run plays from the playbook that I could tell.

Do the secondary shading techniques WORK? I didn't really get to test this to my liking.

Are there new zone assignments or did they just re-configure plays with the same old zones you could hit route? There are completely new zone types to go along with the old ones, as well as new zone plays.

With gap control, do dominant interior DT or NTs command double teams in pass rush or rushing more often? (Does JJ Watt get extra attention) I didn't get to test this enough to make a definitive statement.

Does Gap Control go out passed he A/B gaps? This will probably be discussed in a future gameplay blog. Not sure if I can answer.

Can all of the new "on field cues" be turned off? Yes, and some of them are off by default on higher difficulties.

If I have C and B gap covered, and send a CB blitz with no blocking help, will the OT or OG pull as a psychic knowing I'm sending it, or will they be forced to block the people in front of them? I would have liked more time to test this out.

Can you adjust Offensive Line assignments? (Not the basic left right pinch etc.) I cannot answer this.

With Gap Control do you feel a difference with elite front 4s? See above.

Did you notice pity pat OL vs DL interaction? See above.

I know some of these may be iffy, or impressions. But I tried to stick to the theme and what they've touched on.

Any answers are greatly appreciated.
Answers in blue. Again, I'm trying to be reallllllll careful with what I'm answering and how. Since everything I played can be tuned one way or another prior to release, I'd hate to say for sure that X or Y is the case, only to have it change.
Old 05-15-2016, 12:03 AM   #69
Banned

Have the pre-snap Qb animations changed? Do they look less robotic, slowed down, and more natural?
Old 05-15-2016, 12:07 AM   #70
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

I've played ~40 hours of Madden 17: AMAlmost Anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGamer94
Have the pre-snap Qb animations changed? Do they look less robotic, slowed down, and more natural?

I can't answer this. Please refer to the features blog as a guide of things I can discuss.
Old 05-15-2016, 12:11 AM   #71
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

How hard was it to block a fg kick or punt? Could you set kickoff coverages in the subs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2016, 12:41 AM   #72
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Did you run any play-action? If so, what were your results as far as pass protection?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »