Home

New article on Madden 17 commentary

This is a discussion on New article on Madden 17 commentary within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2016, 12:22 PM   #1
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
New article on Madden 17 commentary

https://sports.vice.com/en_us/articl...esportstwitter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2016, 12:45 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: New article on Madden 17 commentary

The article may be fine, but that opening pretty exposed the author as clueless, and made me dubious about the rest of the article.

Old 07-20-2016, 02:07 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay D
The article may be fine, but that opening pretty exposed the author as clueless, and made me dubious about the rest of the article.

What exactly did you disagree with?
Old 07-20-2016, 03:26 PM   #4
Rookie

ThaBayouChef's Arena

Pretty good article. I'm definitely excited for the enhancement in this category of Madden. Definitely needed some major changing. I just hope it carries over to online play as well, and not just offline mode.
Old 07-20-2016, 03:55 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
What exactly did you disagree with?

For one, the author ignores the 2K games with great commentary, which is a red flag that this is going to be a puff piece.

Equating FIFA and Madden is ridiculous. I may prefer Madden, but it has always had historically bad commentary, while FIFA is at least solid.

They complain about the repetitiveness, which is still going to be there. What they are doing, which is what 2K had done for years, is add in more commentary that features both guys going back and forth.

No one gives a rip about the intro to a game at Lambeau.

Basically, because the writer showed a fairly shallow understanding of commentary, it tells me that the article is going to be EA telling us how great the new team because the writer won't be capable of asking relevant questions. And we can get a full EA take on the commentary by going to their blog.

I say all of this as someone excited about the new commentary, which I think is going to be great. What I don't like are shallow articles that are PR puff pieces that waste my time. This seems like the wrong place to link to that kind of stuff. We already post all of EA's info.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2016, 04:01 PM   #6
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
For one, the author ignores the 2K games with great commentary, which is a red flag that this is going to be a puff piece.

Equating FIFA and Madden is ridiculous. I may prefer Madden, but it has always had historically bad commentary, while FIFA is at least solid.

They complain about the repetitiveness, which is still going to be there. What they are doing, which is what 2K had done for years, is add in more commentary that features both guys going back and forth.

Basically, because the writer showed a fairly shallow understanding of commentary, it tells me that the article is going to be EA telling us how great the new team because the writer won't be capable of asking relevant questions. And we can get a full EA take on the commentary by going to their blog.

I say all of this as someone excited about the new commentary, which I think is going to be great. What I don't like are shallow articles that are PR puff pieces that waste my time. This seems like the wrong place to link to that kind of stuff. We already post all of EA's info.
Did you read the whole article, just saying?

The gold standard for football game commentary, NFL 2K5, is more than a decade old, which says something about the industry's non-state-of-the-art. It's no surprise that McLeod feels there's still plenty of room for future improvement.
Old 07-20-2016, 04:07 PM   #7
MVP

I got to interview Christian McLeod on commentary. My take away is that there is what is known and what he could say, and what is still yet to be rolled out. We are going to see a huge upswing in commentary advancements soon, but like a lot of the game this year they had to build the foundation for it first.
Old 07-20-2016, 04:19 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

You couldn't have read the entire article...he does give credit to 2k
Sports for their past commentary in 2k5...it's actually a pretty good article if you take the time to check it out...just my .02.

Last edited by tha_show256; 07-20-2016 at 04:22 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »