Home

Madden Animations When are they being updated/Overhaul?

This is a discussion on Madden Animations When are they being updated/Overhaul? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2016, 09:05 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0

I just would like to know will this be the year they finally fix all those quirky animations some frames are missing animations because they don't have an animation for what the situation calls for and a whole lot more.

Like the game, but the way it animates is an eye sore to me. I buy every year and I don't last 3 weeks with the game because the animations take me out of the immersion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2016, 09:10 AM   #2
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Re: Madden Animations When are they being updated/Overhaul?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impetuous65
I just would like to know will this be the year they finally fix all those quirky animations some frames are missing animations because they don't have an animation for what the situation calls for and a whole lot more.

Like the game, but the way it animates is an eye sore to me. I buy every year and I don't last 3 weeks with the game because the animations take me out of the immersion.
Honestly I wouldn't expect it at this point. The game needs to be started from scratch to get rid of all the old code that is limiting the game. The problem is it's too risky especially when you're the only NFL game on the market. NBA "Elite" tried it, bc 2k was dominating them and they failed miserably. EA cannot have that happen to madden.
Old 05-18-2016, 09:57 AM   #3
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impetuous65

I would expect them to continue down the path they went last year where they add new animations to replace the old ones. The WR/DB animations and rollout, handoff/play action animations were all redone last year. This year based on the blog and what Rex said on Sim Standard show, I think they are redoing the ball carrier running animations and who knows what else, I know animation quality is one of Rex's highest priorities right now and definitely once they get gameplay to AAA.
Old 05-18-2016, 10:04 AM   #4
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I would expect them to continue down the path they went last year where they add new animations to replace the old ones. The WR/DB animations and rollout, handoff/play action animations were all redone last year. This year based on the blog and what Rex said on Sim Standard show, I think they are redoing the ball carrier running animations and who knows what else, I know animation quality is one of Rex's highest priorities right now and definitely once they get gameplay to AAA.
JP do you think adding animations actually fixes the game? Don't get me wrong I loved the wr/db stuff last year in principle but then you play the game and see all the warping/sliding into position to get those new animations to trigger and it's an eye sore. CBs and safeties in perfect position often can't make a play on the ball bc an animation plays out that somehow warps them out of position.
Old 05-18-2016, 10:24 AM   #5
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
JP do you think adding animations actually fixes the game? Don't get me wrong I loved the wr/db stuff last year in principle but then you play the game and see all the warping/sliding into position to get those new animations to trigger and it's an eye sore. CBs and safeties in perfect position often can't make a play on the ball bc an animation plays out that somehow warps them out of position.

I didn't just say adding, I said replacing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2016, 10:27 AM   #6
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
I didn't just say adding, I said replacing.
Right, but I'm saying they replaced animations last year and while it looked better it didn't exactly "fix" the game.
Old 05-18-2016, 10:38 AM   #7
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Right, but I'm saying they replaced animations last year and while it looked better it didn't exactly "fix" the game.

No but just imagine if they replaced all of the old animations, each time they replace animations the game will look better until eventually there will only be the new ones.
Old 05-18-2016, 11:25 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
No but just imagine if they replaced all of the old animations, each time they replace animations the game will look better until eventually there will only be the new ones.
Man, to be honest, I don't see many replacements at all. I mean, yeah, I see new ones, but I see tons of animations still in the game since Madden 06, bad ones that never should've made it into 06 for that matter.

The new animations, some are good, some are just as bad or worse than the old. The problem is, you can't just keep layering new stuff onto bad stuff. We need a rebuild. But in the meantime, I'm not sure the animators have a good eye and understand what makes a good football animation good and what makes a bad football animation bad enough to know what they should be getting rid of. What works for a game like Disney's Super Happy Fun Time doesn't work for football, and there are A LOT of Disney-like animations in this game that are just inexcusably bad for a AAA title. Period, point blank.

There is a dude on Twitter that has been tweeting them vids for years, but somehow the same bad animations he's tweeting stay in the game, so like I said, I don't think they understand what makes a bad football animation bad because they either keep bad ones in or add new ones that are just as bad. Or maybe they understand and are just not concerned which is bad because they should be concerned. Either way, the problem remains.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »