Home

Undrafted Free Agents Change the Game, But Not As Much in Madden

This is a discussion on Undrafted Free Agents Change the Game, But Not As Much in Madden within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2016, 09:13 PM   #25
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: Undrafted Free Agents Change the Game, But Not As Much in Madden

I would love to see a UDFA pool as a stage after the draft. Obviously low rated players but have a few with Superstar progression. Everyone once in awhile you hit the lottery with a 60 overall with Superstar progression. But then again that would lead to the need for practice squads and a progression system for them

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2016, 10:33 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 2
thats because they go by numeric ratings instead of potential,skill set,system fit,and player drive thats why i never like the numbers rating
Old 05-18-2016, 10:34 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 2
thats because they go by numeric ratings instead of potential,skill set,system fit,and player drive thats why i never like the numbers rating
Old 05-18-2016, 11:57 PM   #28
Rookie

NeuroDuck's Arena

OVR: 0

I found a rookie DT that was 80 overall in free agency. I think he is now 83-84 and pretty decent.
Old 05-19-2016, 08:08 AM   #29
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryClay1844
Does any game represent this well? Does any game represent the draft bust well either? Look at the Leicester City team and Riyad Mahrez and Jamie Vardy. I guarantee you if you went to FIFA 13 and signed Mahrez from Le Harve you couldn't make him a superstar. Do your first round draft picks ever bust in Madden? I've haven't played it in years.
Nfl head Coach 09 as others have said represented this perfectly. If you franchise heads never played that game it's definitely worth the $5 or so it must be by now to pick it up. A hidden gem of last gen.
Old 05-19-2016, 11:18 AM   #30
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryClay1844
Does any game represent this well? Does any game represent the draft bust well either? Look at the Leicester City team and Riyad Mahrez and Jamie Vardy. I guarantee you if you went to FIFA 13 and signed Mahrez from Le Harve you couldn't make him a superstar. Do your first round draft picks ever bust in Madden? I've haven't played it in years.
There are a lot of mechanisms being utilized inside of CFM, but so many people become fixated on nitpicking the game, there by, becoming stuck in the mud year after year, no matter what is implemented/done or the efforts devs extend to the community.

This mindset is cancerous and you can easily find yourself being stuck in the same pit if not careful.

With that, there is a "Bust" factor that generates in draft classes.
Many of the players from "Major" schools run this risk vs those from smaller schools as higher draft grades are given to them over those from small schools, just like in real life.

But again, if you allow yourself to get stuck in the mud pit, you won't find yourself coming across such info even though it's available.

Another example is the Player OVR.

Even though it's only used for Depth Chart and Contracts (as been the case for years), it's still being reference as the overarching representing mechanism of how good/bad a player is.

We're given Player Types which note the major positional ratings needed to fit that player type, but it seems that many have not been able to move past the functionality of the OVR and start to actually scout players positional ratings to fit the Player Type to what they would like to achieve.

In the end, I would suggest finding posters who are more geared towards taking what's available and finding ways to increase your gaming experience vs those that tend to only note what they perceive to be wrong with the game.

You can easily spot the difference by the tone of most of their post.

As far the OP, with the "tiered" system impacting skills etc..., hopefully finding a guy to provide an aspect your team may be lacking I depth wise vs just the OVR, may make it a little more relevant than in past releases.

The key to that relevancy though will be driven by how the default roster is structured.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »