Home

Another New Madden NFL 17 Screenshot

This is a discussion on Another New Madden NFL 17 Screenshot within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2016, 05:46 PM   #81
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Another New Madden NFL 17 Screenshot

Hey MrPrice, I can do that, too. And at the end, I'll explain why Madden's current way is off:

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2016, 05:54 PM   #82
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridiron
Hey MrPrice, I can do that, too. And at the end, I'll explain why Madden's current way is off:
If it's on certain types of pants and not others that's fine but it's certainly not wrong or without precedent.
Old 05-29-2016, 05:56 PM   #83
Banned

So here is what I see happening: you can see the chunk missing in some photos because the player's body has extended up in some position pulling the jersey up, and sometimes their pants are riding down some revealing that chunk. But in normal circumstances, you won't see it like the pictures I posted show it not being visible.

Now here is the other thing: Madden doesn't have material physics for the uniforms. Jersey's don't stretch up and out of position and become undone, and pants don't ride down. If Madden had material physics and sometimes the uniforms switched from standard to out of standard that would be cool, but that's not happening. They're just designed to look like the stretch/ride situation all the time.
Old 05-29-2016, 06:01 PM   #84
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
So here is what I see happening: you can see the chunk missing in some photos because the player's body has extended up in some position pulling the jersey up, and sometimes their pants are riding down some revealing that chunk. But in normal circumstances, you won't see it like the pictures I posted show it not being visible.

Now here is the other thing: Madden doesn't have material physics for the uniforms. Jersey's don't stretch up and out of position and become undone, and pants don't ride down. If Madden had material physics and sometimes the uniforms switched from standard to out of standard that would be cool, but that's not happening. They're just designed to look like the stretch/ride situation all the time.
Fine, some players' jerseys are tucked in less than others. But the missing piece of the stripe is absolutely official and correct (from Nike's website):

So no, it's not "weird" and doesn't need to be "fixed" outside of varying jersey tucks on players to the point where it's not shown on some of them.

Also, I do think this is only on certain types of pants (the ones posted here seem clearly different from some you posted) so I imagine it's a matter of different pants types as well. But again, it's not wrong in the way you insinuated.
Old 05-29-2016, 06:08 PM   #85
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
Fine, some players' jerseys are tucked in less than others. But the missing piece of the stripe is absolutely official and correct (from Nike's website):

So no, it's not "weird" and doesn't need to be "fixed" outside of varying jersey tucks on players to the point where it's not shown on some of them.

Also, I do think this is only on certain types of pants (the ones posted here seem clearly different from some you posted) so I imagine it's a matter of different pants types as well. But again, it's not wrong in the way you insinuated.
Whatever it can be called it's not that important. I'm just saying that I've never noticed that space while watching a game, and that's probably because of code enforcement. As many of us know, the NFL has a team of people at each game checking uniforms and making sure the wearing is up to code. I remember an NFL Films clip where players were complaining about the "uniform police" and being threatened with fines for not tucking or wearing their socks properly.

I think something like this would be a good starting point to have various jersey fits, not just because of the stripe space, but because depending on size the jerseys fit differently. One thing that always bugs me with Madden's uniforms is how one player's jersey at one position fits the same as a guy from another position, both having a disparity in body size/type. Would be cool to see that evolve to where these things affect the fittings.

EDIT: I also don't see the difference you're claiming there. They look like the same Broncos and 49ers sets to me.

Last edited by Gridiron; 05-29-2016 at 06:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2016, 06:16 PM   #86
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Always thought that it was strange that they were made like that when they were pointed out, makes sense now that we see the actual specs/jersey design since they're likely taken straight from Nike. Nice to see it's not an actual problem.
Old 05-30-2016, 12:10 PM   #87
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:

What you dont understand is you are pulling some reebok jerseys to compare to Nike which isn't correct.

On top of that, the Nike uniforms you are showing, in most cases the jersey is folded down past the belt line.

Next to consider, the teams that use the padded belt, it's up the player weather or not he chooses to wear it.

Broncos and 49ers are two teams that have the option for the padded belt.

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru

Last edited by KANE699; 05-30-2016 at 12:42 PM.
Old 05-30-2016, 12:22 PM   #88
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
What you dont understand is you are pulling some reebok jerseys to compare to Nike which isn't correct.

On top of that, the Nike uniforms you are showing, in most cases the jersey is folded down past the belt line.

Next to consider, the teams that use the padded belt, it up the player weather or not he chooses to wear it.

Broncos and 49ers are two teams that have the option for the padded belt.
Nope, I understood 100%. I purposely pulled both Nike and Reebok to show how they had similarity, if not in design with at least how the players generally wear them to look (which is really the main point, having things look the way the players have them most frequently looking in real life situations). It wasn't a coincidence.

Last edited by Gridiron; 05-30-2016 at 12:25 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »