Home

Madden NFL 17 Ball Carrier Special Moves, Fakeout Interaction System & Much More

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Ball Carrier Special Moves, Fakeout Interaction System & Much More within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2016, 09:00 PM   #73
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden NFL 17 Ball Carrier Special Moves, Fakeout Interaction System & Much More

I wonder if you're on Auto if you wouldn't get any of the prompts for a tackle battle. That's obviously not ideal for a lot of people though. I do hope they find a way to provide an option though to let these battles take place as if it were a CPU v. CPU rather than User v. CPU.
Old 05-18-2016, 09:09 PM   #74
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Madden NFL 17 Ball Carrier Special Moves, Fakeout Interaction System & Much More

I like everything but the "tackle battle" mechanic (like everyone else it seems).

We don't need QTE's not based in any gameplay representation of football. It doesn't correspond to or simulate any sort of decision making a player would make on the field. Even just tapping a button rapidly in the standup tackle scenario (with high risk of injury or getting blown up by another man cleaning up the tackle).
Old 05-18-2016, 09:13 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 1

Where are the videos? Words and still pictures always come across well, but the true indicators are videos.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2016, 09:31 PM   #76
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanks1408
Where are the videos? Words and still pictures always come across well, but the true indicators are videos.

I don't think we'll see any till June 12th, I think, is the EA play conference/presentation. I think some video footage will come out of that.
Old 05-18-2016, 09:33 PM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
I don't think we'll see any till June 12th, I think, is the EA play conference/presentation. I think some video footage will come out of that.
I remember in previous years they would attach little videos showing what they were explaining. The absence of these this year is making me nervous.
Old 05-18-2016, 09:44 PM   #78
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanks1408
I remember in previous years they would attach little videos showing what they were explaining. The absence of these this year is making me nervous.

Right on. And, I understand. I've been quite skeptical in the past of EA Madden, and I don't have a record of the vids released last year. But, legit, this is the absolute first bit of madden 17 we've seen, and I think they would want the first footage to be at their big gala event. Once that event takes place, and that footage comes out, we will start seeing some game changer footage here and there before official release in August. That was how it worked out last year, anyways.
Old 05-18-2016, 09:45 PM   #79
MVP

reverend_heat's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
No No No EA! I'm not saying the tackle battle is a bad idea (need to see it in action 1st), but never implement on screen queues without giving us an option to turn it off. EA should know this by now. It'll be a huge mistake if they don't at least give us an option to turn off the on screen pop ups. I personally don't want any assists, on screen pop ups, clutter, etc.. on my screen when playing. EA needs to reconsider this.
I agree that I don't like the on screen icon popping up, but if you are just turning off the indicator, and it is basically a QTE, you would always be tackled in the "tackle battle" situation. You have to see the icon to be able to push the button and break the tackle, yes it sucks, but we will have to live with it I guess.
Old 05-18-2016, 09:48 PM   #80
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

This tackle battle is not something I would personally put in the game, but I'm willing to give it a shot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »