Home

Madden NFL 17 Has Ball Physics, New Ways to Eliminate Money Plays & Much More

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Has Ball Physics, New Ways to Eliminate Money Plays & Much More within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2016, 11:29 PM   #49
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 17 Has Ball Physics, New Ways to Eliminate Money Plays & Much More

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
Really interested in the new kick meter as it seems that your kicker/punter's ratings will play a big role in it. The ball physics are a nice surprise as well. When reading the thing about tackle battle they mention breaking out of a gang tackle. I thought it's only for the 1 on 1 stand up tackle?
Been confirmed its on 1 v 1 tackles
Old 05-18-2016, 11:31 PM   #50
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden NFL 17 Has Ball Physics, New Ways to Eliminate Money Plays & Much More

Cowboy you might be thinking of multi player jukes. Tackle battles are restricted to 1-1 standing tackles only

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-18-2016, 11:33 PM   #51
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
Cowboy you might be thinking of multi player jukes. Tackle battles are restricted to 1-1 standing tackles only

Was just asking because this was in the Gameinformer article "Tackle Battles are also controlled by ratings this year. If you're being gang tackled you have a short window to hit a specific button prompt to break out of the gang tackle. This was done automatically last year. Hitting the Tackle Battle button also applies to defenders making the tackle."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2016, 11:37 PM   #52
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Never forget playing my brother for 20$ in APF, throws a bomb to his created gold star randy moss on the last play and it looks like he has my defender beat, then he pulls up limping holding his hammy, non contact injury. It just looked so real.
Good times with that game for sure. So many little things done well.
Old 05-18-2016, 11:38 PM   #53
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
Was just asking because this was in the Gameinformer article "Tackle Battles are also controlled by ratings this year. If you're being gang tackled you have a short window to hit a specific button prompt to break out of the gang tackle. This was done automatically last year. Hitting the Tackle Battle button also applies to defenders making the tackle."

The game informer article is wrong.

Went back and read the EA blog, and it does mention ratings playing a part in the frequency of tackle battles as well. Specifically mentions bigger backs getting them more often when appropriate.
Old 05-18-2016, 11:40 PM   #54
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

If this stuff works as advertised, I can see a lot of hate coming from a large segment of the online crowd. I can just hear the crying now when those pattern-matched zones eat up all those routes that used to be gimmes.

In that scenario I hope they stand their ground and don't tune the greatness out of the game. They're on the right track dragging everyone into the realm of real football.
Old 05-18-2016, 11:46 PM   #55
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
The game informer article is wrong.

Went back and read the EA blog, and it does mention ratings playing a part in the frequency of tackle battles as well. Specifically mentions bigger backs getting them more often when appropriate.
Just wanted to quote the blog article:

"Tackle Battles. This is a twitch mechanic that gives uers the ball the ability to influence the outcome of tackles as both the ball carrier or the defender making the tackle.

Whenever a defender and ball carrier get locked up in a standing tackle, a random face-button will appear on screen – the first player in the tackle battle to hit that button, wins the tackle battle. For the defender, this means completing the tackle and for the ball carrier, a win is breaking the tackle. The size of the timing window and the frequency of tackle battles are determined by the ratings and styles of both players in the tackle battle. A bruiser running back is more likely to get a tackle battle with a linebacker than a cornerback. "

Sounds like a mechanic for users to make an input on a very specific event, stand up collision; the ratings and styles determine the majority of the event, from when they happen and who has the advantage, by timing when the button to be pressed appears, or maybe how long u have to press it once it does appear?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2016, 11:48 PM   #56
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

As far as I understand it that's exactly how it works.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »