Home

EA Sports Madden 17 Dev Tweets

This is a discussion on EA Sports Madden 17 Dev Tweets within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2016, 12:18 PM   #41
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: EA Sports Madden 17 Dev Tweets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2016, 12:21 PM   #42
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Old 05-20-2016, 12:28 PM   #43
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

OVR: 0

Loved seeing Clint at least acknowledge E-T and T-E stunts. I could imagine it being difficult to make the A.I function they way they should on these type of D-Line stunts. Now that they have introduced gap assignments for Madden 17, I'd imgine A.I on those stunts need to be worked out. Gap assignments change when stunts and blitzes are called.

For example, A DE/OLB normally has outside contain, but depending on the stunt the DT may now have outside contain.
Old 05-20-2016, 12:32 PM   #44
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

We of course talked about defensive assignments at the event. My takeaway was that they broke something in the AI with the new coverage assignments and they were unable to fix it in time.

My guess is something to do with pattern matching. Maybe the assigned defender carried with the offensive player further than he should have? Seems possible.

If they had to choose between pattern matching or defensive assignments, I would choose pattern-match 10 times out of 10.
Old 05-20-2016, 12:36 PM   #45
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
We of course talked about defensive assignments at the event. My takeaway was that they broke something in the AI with the new coverage assignments and they were unable to fix it in time.

My guess is something to do with pattern matching. Maybe the assigned defender carried with the offensive player further than he should have? Seems possible.

If they had to choose between pattern matching or defensive assignments, I would choose pattern-match 10 times out of 10.
If I had to choose I would choose pattern matching too. The problem is we shouldn't have to choose are they are two separate but equally important strategies. Hopefully they get it to work for 18
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2016, 12:39 PM   #46
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
If I had to choose I would choose pattern matching too. The problem is we shouldn't have to choose are they are two separate but equally important strategies. Hopefully they get it to work for 18
If you have X number of hours to allocate to dev, and the same people who work on pattern-match also work on def assignments, and it takes an about-equal amount of time to fix one or the other, then yes, you do have to choose.

Like, it's entirely possible def assignments were working the day before they installed pattern matching, and broke immediately after. Development is triage, always.
Old 05-20-2016, 12:40 PM   #47
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
If you have X number of hours to allocate to dev, and the same people who work on pattern-match also work on def assignments, and it takes an about-equal amount of time to fix one or the other, then yes, you do have to choose.

Like, it's entirely possible def assignments were working the day before they installed pattern matching, and broke immediately after. Development is triage, always.
Not what I meant. Obviously the devs had to choose as time and resources are limited. I'm saying one is not more important than the other at least in my eyes.
Old 05-20-2016, 12:42 PM   #48
Pro

OVR: 1

That's a little disappointing about weather. Just wrapped season 6 as SF, and I've never seen rain (or snow) during a CFM game.

Born in '82, 49er Faithful since 1986!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »