Home

Madden 17 CFM guesses/predictions

This is a discussion on Madden 17 CFM guesses/predictions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2016, 09:48 AM   #41
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Madden 17 CFM guesses/predictions

I really want full roster control and sizes, including practice squads.

I really want full player editing. If you can only enable it for offline franchises for fear of the effects it would have on online franchises, then so be it. In an offline franchise, there's no reason for it to not exist.

I would like formation subs back. Again, if you can't enable this because of concerns over online play, then at least give it to the offline users.

I want updates during my game, of other games scores in my franchise.

Return of OC/DC coach hires would be nice, rather than just scouting and training staffs.

Restricted free agents would be nice.

Customization for XP would be nice. It was enabled online via patch, but not offline. So bring that to offline too if this system is to stay.

A scouting system similar to Fifa, or NFL HC would be nice. Give me 6 scouts or whatever, let me send them to different regions of the US to pick off the colleges in that state. Give us pro-day results and combine results similar to the old HC series.

Basically, the more Madden's franchise mode can resemble the old HC series, and the depth of say, Fifa's mode, the better off we will be.

As for guesses and predictions... I think we get some better organization of franchise "news" and information, probably some better scouting, draft boards, some minor foundation stuff, not complete overhauls.

I know they've said franchise mode was a focus, but judging by the amount of improvements in gameplay announced so far, part of me wonders just how much time that left over for CFM improvements. Of course, I'd also assume there's different teams working on each element, so maybe that is promising to get some rather sweeping changes that CFM needs, and deserves.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2016, 10:45 AM   #42
Pro

OVR: 1

My predictions (caveat - I only play offline, so these cater to that):

"In the menus" stuff:
A true draft board
Practice Squad
Editable draft pick names for your team (not others, unless you run a 32-team CFM)
Redesigned UI
Very basic weekly wrapup show, ala Madden 10/11 (minus the FMV). To be built on later.
Ticker showing players traded, retired, injured, awards
XP slider for offline

"In game stuff"
Ticker, with "live" scores, to be built on later.
"Game breaks" for division rivals, looking similar to NCAA
New Commentary, more dynamic but still with dead air occasionally

Born in '82, 49er Faithful since 1986!
Old 05-20-2016, 12:00 PM   #43
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

OVR: 0

I think the things I want the most are fully expanded rosters and coordinators. The mode, while it has its gripes like XP, is pretty solid for the most part.

To truly be in-depth, we have to have full roster control. Larger draft classes to produce more UDFAs. 90-man roster going into preseason, actual cut dates, then the practice squad. During the season, you have to deactivate seven players every week and go into games with 46 men. This then can translate into the tiered injury system; players are listed as probable, questionable, doubtful, and out.

Coordinators serve their obvious purposes, dictate schemes, have certain bonuses with positions (Josh McDaniels with QBs). They also create a better coaching pool when it comes to hirings, instead of a bunch generated coaches.
Old 05-20-2016, 04:44 PM   #44
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorSupreme
I think the things I want the most are fully expanded rosters and coordinators. The mode, while it has its gripes like XP, is pretty solid for the most part.

To truly be in-depth, we have to have full roster control. Larger draft classes to produce more UDFAs. 90-man roster going into preseason, actual cut dates, then the practice squad. During the season, you have to deactivate seven players every week and go into games with 46 men. This then can translate into the tiered injury system; players are listed as probable, questionable, doubtful, and out.

Coordinators serve their obvious purposes, dictate schemes, have certain bonuses with positions (Josh McDaniels with QBs). They also create a better coaching pool when it comes to hirings, instead of a bunch generated coaches.
If we got what you put here I would be very happy. I just want to see the building blocks. I don't expect everything this year or even next year but if they got things like this in this year with room to just keep building I'd be very confident moving forward. XP likely isn't going anywhere, same for goals but I can live with them as long as they don't cause huge issues like last year and they're not the sole focus of the mode. They've got a perfect opportunity to push realism across the board this year and if they carry over that vision from gameplay to CFM I think we'll all be some happy CFMers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
True, but I could always upload the late August interview with Rex again as long as people keep making CFM threads. haha

I wouldn't label Rex as marketing speak.
I hear ya and I wasn't trying to label Rex as marketing speak. I know he has talked about how CFM needs to improve but he seems like he's far more involved in the gameplay side of things and I have no problems trusting him when it comes to that because he's delivered. He's told it like it is and has changed the things he's said he's going to change in terms of gameplay. And I'm sure as Creative Director he has his hand in everything but when it comes to CFM it gets a bit conflicting because on one hand he says CFM needs serious improvement and on the other the lead designer of the mode itself is saying it's deeper than ever and that no stone is left unturned at the same time.

Either way though we'll find out in a couple weeks and I'm still holding onto the hope that this will all come true and I'll have the same feeling I had reading the gameplay blogs. I'll gladly eat every doubt I've had leading up if the CFM blog drops and we find out they're really bringing it, but until then I carry my CFM pitchfork in hand.
Old 05-20-2016, 05:15 PM   #45
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

OVR: 0

I honestly think they will add a realignment option for online franchises. That would go a long way to improving competitive balance in franchises.

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2016, 05:23 PM   #46
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
If we got what you put here I would be very happy. I just want to see the building blocks. I don't expect everything this year or even next year but if they got things like this in this year with room to just keep building I'd be very confident moving forward. XP likely isn't going anywhere, same for goals but I can live with them as long as they don't cause huge issues like last year and they're not the sole focus of the mode. They've got a perfect opportunity to push realism across the board this year and if they carry over that vision from gameplay to CFM I think we'll all be some happy CFMers.

I hear ya and I wasn't trying to label Rex as marketing speak. I know he has talked about how CFM needs to improve but he seems like he's far more involved in the gameplay side of things and I have no problems trusting him when it comes to that because he's delivered. He's told it like it is and has changed the things he's said he's going to change in terms of gameplay. And I'm sure as Creative Director he has his hand in everything but when it comes to CFM it gets a bit conflicting because on one hand he says CFM needs serious improvement and on the other the lead designer of the mode itself is saying it's deeper than ever and that no stone is left unturned at the same time.

Either way though we'll find out in a couple weeks and I'm still holding onto the hope that this will all come true and I'll have the same feeling I had reading the gameplay blogs. I'll gladly eat every doubt I've had leading up if the CFM blog drops and we find out they're really bringing it, but until then I carry my CFM pitchfork in hand.
Yep, I understand. I know I rode the Rex train previously with many doubters and I plan on continuing to ride it with Rex on CFM.

He hasn't let us down, yet.
Old 05-20-2016, 05:40 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 1

This is more of a wish or hope than a prediction, but since this thread really seems to be about both, I'll put it out there:

They just need to make sure that CPU AI and progression work properly. I'm in the free agency period of my 5th or 6th year and almost all of the rookies from my first draft class have not been resigned after their rookie contract, regardless of how well they'e performed. A QB for the Jets, who finished second to Russell Wilson in the MVP vote was not resigned as the "franchise QB" because his OVR is still just an 82. Russell's own top target was also let go because he was still in the low 80s. This despite the fact he was statistically one of the leagues best WRs over the past two seasons.

The CPU AI NEEDS to stop making personnel decisions based on ratings and start making them according to production! I truly believe that that would put an end to all the bone-headed decisions they make. Otherwise they need to tune progression so that a player's OVR reflects his output, which, being one of those who would like to see OVR done away with, would be the least desirable, but most likely, path.

Also, since some others have posted about in this thread, I'll comment on progression and XP. If they are going to keep it, and I doubt they'll scrap it so soon, they need to make it so that EVERYTHING a player does on the field counts. Even if it's just one point for each snap he takes, 2/tackle, 5/int and so on. Young players learn and get better from every down they play, not just by achieving a set number of "splash plays" like 10 sacks, which is normally reserved for the elite players at their position. Likewise, OLBs in a 3-4 don't just get better by sacking QBs. They also need to tackle and cover. It's absurd that the only way to make them better is thru sacks.
Old 05-20-2016, 07:28 PM   #48
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
I honestly think they will add a realignment option for online franchises. That would go a long way to improving competitive balance in franchises.
I really want that for offline, myself!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »