Home

No formation subs at least at launch, I know a lot of people have been waiting to kno

This is a discussion on No formation subs at least at launch, I know a lot of people have been waiting to kno within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2016, 04:24 PM   #65
A DB'S SWAG

avwhitechic's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: No formation subs at least at launch, I know a lot of people have been waiting to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
Which community? Us? Because we are the smallest niche when it comes to Madden.

Always remember who you are - we are a very vocal minority, and we always will be.

Also remember - the vast majority of us do not know how hard it is to code in Formation Subs. We can't use the excuse that it was in last gen, because we don't know how hard it is to code now as opposed to then.

I think a lot of the negativity would take a huge back set once the assumption that we know "where the priorities lie" or we know "how hard it is to code" stop happening. Most of us don't, and that won't change.

This would all be very valid if IT WASNT ALREADY IN THE GAME BEFORE
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2016, 04:25 PM   #66
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: No formation subs at least at launch, I know a lot of people have been waiting to

Quote:
Originally Posted by avwhitechic
This would all be very valid if IT WASNT ALREADY IN THE GAME BEFORE
Sorry, maybe I'll type in caps too make sure people read my posts better -

IT HASN'T BEEN IN THIS GEN, WHICH IS NOT CODED THE SAME WAY AS LAST GEN.

Different circumstances.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 05-22-2016, 04:26 PM   #67
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Damn this one stings especially bc they couldn't figure out how to implement defensive assignments either. At this point I'm really starting to worry that any upgrades to cfm this year will be related to XP, gameprep and drive goals.
I really hope not. That would be such a huge let down.
Old 05-22-2016, 04:34 PM   #68
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
What if they expand the depth chart on special teams? Seems like a temporary fix
Expanding would have to mean allowing all 11 positions to be chosen freely to have significant importance.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 05-22-2016, 04:35 PM   #69
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

It doesnt appear that the door is completely closed on it being added at some point. My thing is, if its going to cause glitches or not function properly then its better off n8t being in there. This def won't keep me from buying.
Old 05-22-2016, 04:37 PM   #70
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe

- permanent formation subs which save must handle the case where an assigned player is removed from the team's roster gracefully, lest the game crash when it doesn't locate a player in a specific formation substitution assignment. This may be different across each of the game's modes, and can happen for a bunch of different reasons: if a player is traded in Franchise, if a player is sold or placed into a Collection in Ultimate Team, if the Draft Champions team is rebuilt entirely, etc. These are just a few of probably several dozen more potential points of failure.

- permanent formation subs must consider in the design the case where a player's roster adds players. For example, if I've got a bunch of formation subs at WR, but then add three better WRs in a single offseason, what happens? Does the game retain my formation subs and prevent my new WRs from entering the game until I clear those assignments? Does the game automatically delete those formation subs so I can immediately have access to my new and better players in-game?
I can imagine this one being huge.
Old 05-22-2016, 04:39 PM   #71
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0

Yeah, I'll agree it's hard to know all of the dev intricacies. I won't completely question that, and the concerns raised as potential 'problems that could arise and need to be solutioned' are all valid enough. I am a dev, and I do NOT work on items as complex as madden. That being said, I do not think this is overly complex. We are not talking about the animations and CPU AI, here. From an extremely basic standpoint, we are talking about creating a separate 'list' of players for each formation of a playbook that needs to be 'loaded' at the start of a game, basically. So, idk, the nuts n bolts of that actually shouldn't be much different from console to console or gen to gen. Now, the added UI would have to be new (although, most of that could be copied from other menus, I would think, so it wouldn't/shouldn't be a complete write up of new code. And, before someone says, 'no, the code base is completely different, etc. from 1 gen to the next, yes sure it is. But, again, at the heart of the functionality is in the game somewhere. An addition needs to be added somewhere to 'load' the formation subs at some point in time (I would imagine during loading of everything else at game startup time). Again, this isn't the 'only' thing that has to happen, and only a dev working on this specific code would know the true difficulties, but at its heart, it's a 'different list of players' that needs to be loaded to the playbook or formation 'code bootstrapping' or whatnot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2016, 04:40 PM   #72
Rookie

sir psycho's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Would a live ticker and weekly wrap up show make up for not having formation subs for you guys, (not saying either is in)? I'm just wondering, because to me it would, I'm more concerned with immersion in CFM and formation subs is honestly a gameplay feature anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I guess I'll be the only person to say "yes" to this. As much as I really want formation subs, I would be thrilled to have a live ticker and a weekly wrap up show. So, yes, these two would help take the sting away of no formation subs/defensive assignments. At the very least, they are trying to get subs in at some point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »