Home

Press Row Podcast - Madden NFL 17's First Details

This is a discussion on Press Row Podcast - Madden NFL 17's First Details within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2016, 03:18 PM   #25
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Press Row Podcast - Madden NFL 17's First Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridiron
I like PastaPadre's site. He lets people speak their minds fully on a topic and state the truth even it's an inconvenient one. The atmosphere at his site lacks unnecessary and prohibitive pressure to conform, and arguments resolve of themselves (as they usually will anyway) without him having to issue electronic threats. Whenever he does step in, he does it professionally and without sounding like some kind of anal retentive e-warden with a chip on his shoulder who gets off on wielding his e-powers. He's a real pro.

People should really check him out. He runs a great place.
Does PP have a forum or just comment sections? Also when you have a smaller community its easier to rely on the maturity of the posters to resolve disputes. Much harder with a forum the size of OS.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2016, 04:31 PM   #26
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

I thought they brought up some good points about the XP system near the end and I was happy to hear that they didn't like it. I always figured that was something that the more casual side would have been in favor of. Kat also brought up a point of progressing players simply not being fun and I think that is true as well even with auto progression. One of my favorite things from the older Maddens was finishing preseason and going through the progression of my new rookies and my team from the past year. Heck, even in my current MVP 2005 season I can't wait to get through the season and then spring training to see the progression on my players. And you don't really get that gratification or stage of each season where you see a player become something like you used to.
Old 05-24-2016, 04:31 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Weird that you post here so much if you have that many problems with how things are run.
Nah, what's weird is that you think my praise of Pasta's operation has anything to do with OS somehow. It doesn't.

I just wanted to point out how I feel about his way of doing things because over the years a number of people have accused him of the opposite and I think it's unfair and not based in reality at all. I also thought it was unfair how so many people were accusing him of only backing certain companies when in reality he's been pretty fair with everybody and wound up at odds with some companies over being honest, but nobody ever wanted to bring that up when they talked badly about him. Pasta was getting so many nonsense attacks at one time that he had to start modding comments which I hate now but I understand why he has to do it.

But, I guess, it's bad if I praise someone who I think is doing a good job on a topic about that person's work.
Old 05-25-2016, 09:14 PM   #28
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
In terms of penalities and Madden, they should just have an option to turn them off. I wouldn't but options are always welcome for those who do.
Old 05-25-2016, 10:34 PM   #29

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
I like PastaPadre's site. He lets people speak their minds fully on a topic and state the truth even it's an inconvenient one. The atmosphere at his site lacks unnecessary and prohibitive pressure to conform, and arguments resolve of themselves (as they usually will anyway) without him having to issue electronic threats. Whenever he does step in, he does it professionally and without sounding like some kind of anal retentive e-warden with a chip on his shoulder who gets off on wielding his e-powers. He's a real pro.

People should really check him out. He runs a great place.
Quote:
Nah, what's weird is that you think my praise of Pasta's operation has anything to do with OS somehow. It doesn't.

I just wanted to point out how I feel about his way of doing things because over the years a number of people have accused him of the opposite and I think it's unfair and not based in reality at all. I also thought it was unfair how so many people were accusing him of only backing certain companies when in reality he's been pretty fair with everybody and wound up at odds with some companies over being honest, but nobody ever wanted to bring that up when they talked badly about him. Pasta was getting so many nonsense attacks at one time that he had to start modding comments which I hate now but I understand why he has to do it.

But, I guess, it's bad if I praise someone who I think is doing a good job on a topic about that person's work.
Let's keep the conversation of this thread to the content of the discussion of the podcast and not the merit of those involved with the discussion.
Old 05-26-2016, 08:57 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
Agree 100%...and EA should get rid of the loophole that prevents a QB from getting injured just because you have 1 or 2 QBs. In Franchise I carry 2 QB's and in MUT I carry 1; I also only carry 1 RB, generally, in MUT, so they won't get injured..This is unrealistic, and EA needs to change the logic that can be used by users to manipulate the game.

Of course I am a proponent of seeing linemen get injured; maybe not for weeks or a season, but we could start slow with a player being out for a quarter or half, of a game, which would make depth charts worth more, other than being places to keep players we are trying to build into starters, and also force users in other modes, like MUT, to build a full roster.
I can assure you having only 2 does not prevent injury....I've lost my stud QB for 6-8 games in some seasons.

I've played on with the punter as emergency, but that's the risk reward I chose, in order to carry more DL

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »