Home

Madden NFL 17 Video - New Juke Moves and Score Bug/Banner

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Video - New Juke Moves and Score Bug/Banner within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2016, 02:58 PM   #25
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Madden NFL 17 Video - New Juke Moves

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
It's a guide showing you where you will go, not where you should go.
Really? I would think the user would know where he's going. I thought it was an assist.

I guess a user could lose track of what direction he's moving the sticks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2016, 02:58 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
There always been options in the settings menu to turn it all off. I'm not worried about that.

Every year I turn off all the crap that pops on to the tv screen, I even turned off the field goal arcs last year that everyone was using.
I hate all the pop-ups icons, too, but there might not be a choice with Tackle Battle. I haven't heard you can turn that off yet. If it looks anything like the juke icon that popped up during this Juke video then it's definitely something I'd want to turn off immediately.
Old 05-25-2016, 03:01 PM   #27
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspengc8
yeah probably the difficulty setting plus he was also cut-blocked so there wasnt much he could do.
Well we do know that those icons come up on rookie and pro, so it stands to reason that this capture was on rookie or pro.

Also, let's think about what's happening here: they're showcasing a specific thing, in this case, a juke move. So they record until they find the perfect footage of this juke, and that's what goes up. The rest of the stuff in the clip doesn't matter at all for the purposes of this one thing that they're looking to show everyone, not just the hardest of the hardcore. It's not for us.
Old 05-25-2016, 03:02 PM   #28
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridiron
I hate all the pop-ups icons, too, but there might not be a choice with Tackle Battle. I haven't heard you can turn that off yet. If it looks anything like the juke icon that popped up during this Juke video then it's definitely something I'd want to turn off immediately.
Yeah, that pop up is HUGE. Not making the tackle battle pop up optional would be a major oversight IMO.
Old 05-25-2016, 03:02 PM   #29
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridiron
I'm pretty sure the only thing you can't turn off is the tackle battle prompt. But I believe MrPrice said its just a small less than 1 second face button that appears on the screen
Old 05-25-2016, 03:02 PM   #30
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Really? I would think the user would know where he's going. I thought it was an assist.

I guess a user could lose track of what direction he's moving the sticks.
It's more like if you're sprinting to the right and move the stick to the left it shows that the runner will move in an arc back to the left. Or, when you juke and hold in a direction, the arrow will update to show your new pathing.

Look at how when he starts to turn the arrow indicates he's not currently going to make it to the end zone, so he has to continue to adjust. It seems like a feature that is made for people who are literally playing their first madden.

Last edited by mrprice33; 05-25-2016 at 03:07 PM.
Old 05-25-2016, 03:04 PM   #31
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

The running animation is still really weird. I think they need to incorporate a variety of stride lengths that are contextual. It seems like the stride length starting a run is the same as full speed—just slower or sped up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2016, 03:06 PM   #32
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
I'm pretty sure the only thing you can't turn off is the tackle battle prompt. But I believe MPrice said its just a small less than 1 second face button that appears on the screen
This is correct. Tackle battles as of now cannot be turned off but are basically a flash of a button, about as long as the prompt is in this video, maybe a little less.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »