Home

Madden NFL 17 Gameplay Improvements on Zone Coverage

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Gameplay Improvements on Zone Coverage within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2016, 12:44 PM   #41
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Madden NFL 17 Gameplay Improvements on Zone Coverage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
People who don't follow the development of Madden at all and just buy the game at launch and head right to play online are going to be in a state of abject shock.
Most definitely. I remember when NCAA 12 launched it had the best zone coverage I've seen in a game and people really struggled.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2016, 01:07 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0

After 25 years we can finally stop 4 verts and TE corners.
Old 05-27-2016, 04:48 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

This was a very nice read.

I'm with Senator Palmer in that I've wanted to move to a Quinn 1/3 base scheme since Norton Jr. joined the Raiders from Seattle, but it didn't seem quite viable in M16. Now I think it will be, which is great.

I'm also happy for the folks like NYKia, who have been bootlegging the Tampa 2 for a long time. It looks like those folks will be able to actually use this as a base defense now, online and off.

I'm not normally the type to feel good about things that aren't here this year but might be there next year, but these improvements have me thinking that a similar attempt at enhancing our ability to run realistic man schemes, with multiple techniques and assignments might be coming sooner rather than later. It would seem a natural extension of the foundation that's been laid this year w/r/t run fits and zone coverages.

I'm excited to have to study my playbook and learn more about real NFL strategy to succeed in M17.

I'm sure the online casuals will go apoplectic at not having their favorite instant reads always open anymore.
Old 05-27-2016, 07:07 PM   #44
Rookie

dsk1317's Arena

OVR: 0

ype Score: 9
2 trap, rip/liz cover 3, 3 mable for trips, finally getting the curl-flat drop correct in quarters(he is responsible for #2 shallow), having a seam-flat for 3 deep/3 under FZ blitzes, vertical hook zones(they match #2 vertical, and cut #1 on in-breaking routes), and stock blitzes finally working, all makes me very happy. That being said, I still want to see quarters coverage, and see if the cb's and safeties match the vertical stem of #1, #2. & #3 at 10-12 yards, and see if it plays 3×1 sets properly, before I can make a call on it. *For those that may not know, quarters coverage is cover 4.*
Old 05-27-2016, 09:09 PM   #45
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

My sincere hope is that after about a month of the casual gamer complaining about the game being too hard, that the devs wont create a patch that ruins it. If its sim keep it sim and make the others conform.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2016, 01:18 AM   #46
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
My sincere hope is that after about a month of the casual gamer complaining about the game being too hard, that the devs wont create a patch that ruins it. If its sim keep it sim and make the others conform.
I disagree.

This may not be a popular post, but the casuals don't typically complain and when they do, it is not enough volume to cause EA to patch something to appease them.

Casuals aren't on message boards complaining about the game or tweeting the developers usually.
Old 05-28-2016, 01:30 AM   #47
MVP

UtahUtes32's Arena

OVR: 7

Don't post too often. Great job by the dev team. Glad that the gameplay and real x's and o's are being focused on.
Old 05-28-2016, 02:51 PM   #48
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

So do we only have one more blog on zones and then the presentation blog or blogs will drop?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »