Home

Madden NFL 17 Special Teams, Pass Defense, Catch Outcomes, Ball Physics & Much More

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Special Teams, Pass Defense, Catch Outcomes, Ball Physics & Much More within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2016, 02:11 AM   #73
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 17 Special Teams, Pass Defense, Catch Outcomes, Ball Physics & Much Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Please not the YouTube laboratory stuff on OS.
You slow any game down in replay and you will see the same mishaps.
That's every game, especially sports games.

I do understand biomechanics and the focal perception of the eyes, and it's "impossible" for your eyes to pick that up with multiple objects moving during gameplay.

So what's the point?
We don't play the game at a "micro" frame by frame level, so why post this as though EA is the only developer that has these animation hiccups revealed during slow-mo replays.

This type of focus can cause you to miss the overall fun factor and strides the game has made.

I really believe Rex and Co will deliver a game with a bigger leap than before, but if a gamers efforts is directed at stuff like this, I believe they're going to really miss out.

Just a thought!!!
Yeah, well, here is the problem with that angle you're taking:

In reality, you can see these things happening in real-time without having to put them in slow motion which is what prompts people to go back and save them in the first place... because they noticed it happening in real-time. You may not notice it personally, but many people do, hence all of the videos out there.

After all, you're not going to take the time to save something you didn't notice, because, well, if you didn't notice it you wouldn't be going back and saving it, especially something so specific as many of these videos point to. Think about it.

Also, the approach you're supporting says the devs shouldn't care about basic football fundamentals like form and footwork in a PRO FOOTBALL SIMULATION game, which makes even less sense since a lack of these things would actually get you benched and cut in Pro Football because they will negatively impact your ability to perform at the level an NFL starter has to in order to keep his job.

So, sorry player, but that ain't hitt'in. We're either going to be sim or we're not, no half stepp'in.

When they say they want to be arcade, then videos like that won't matter anymore and I won't reference them. But as it stands, they say they want to be sim, so they should be held to that standard.
Old 05-28-2016, 11:33 AM   #74
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Madden NFL 17 Special Teams, Pass Defense, Catch Outcomes, Ball Physics & Much Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridiron
Yeah, well, here is the problem with that angle you're taking:

In reality, you can see these things happening in real-time without having to put them in slow motion which is what prompts people to go back and save them in the first place... because they noticed it happening in real-time. You may not notice it personally, but many people do, hence all of the videos out there.

After all, you're not going to take the time to save something you didn't notice, because, well, if you didn't notice it you wouldn't be going back and saving it, especially something so specific as many of these videos point to. Think about it.

Also, the approach you're supporting says the devs shouldn't care about basic football fundamentals like form and footwork in a PRO FOOTBALL SIMULATION game, which makes even less sense since a lack of these things would actually get you benched and cut in Pro Football because they will negatively impact your ability to perform at the level an NFL starter has to in order to keep his job.

So, sorry player, but that ain't hitt'in. We're either going to be sim or we're not, no half stepp'in.

When they say they want to be arcade, then videos like that won't matter anymore and I won't reference them. But as it stands, they say they want to be sim, so they should be held to that standard.
Looking at the historical context of your posts, I'll digress!!!
Old 05-28-2016, 11:43 AM   #75
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Looking at the historical context of your posts, I'll digress!!!
I'm not even sure what that's supposed to mean.

Anyway, NFL Street is going real cheap these days. Check it out:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...=operasport-20

Peace.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »