Home

Will we ever see an improved Supersim?

This is a discussion on Will we ever see an improved Supersim? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2016, 01:14 AM   #1
Rookie

kamagate's Arena

OVR: 1
Will we ever see an improved Supersim?

We might be in a minority but for those Madden players who would like to play a player career mode (controlling a single player) this is probably the top priority and have been for years. I’m not going to go into detail about all the issues with Supersim since these have been well documented on this forum (and on EA’s) in the past. It is enough to say that Supersim does not produce realistic game results which means that using the feature will inevitably lead to a disappointing and frustrating gaming experience. I would go so far as calling the game mode virtually unplayable.

To my knowledge the developers have never written about any improvements being made to Supersim or even acknowledged that the feature is broken which makes the whole thing even more frustrating. With the popularity of MLB’s Road to the Show, NBA’s My Player and whatever FIFA calls it you would think that Madden would want their version to at least be playable. Sadly, that does not seem to be the case. At this point I’m not asking for any of the bells and whistles of those other games, I’m just asking for a Supersim that produces reasonable realistic game results. That’s not really too much to ask for is it?

Last edited by kamagate; 05-30-2016 at 01:38 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2016, 02:12 AM   #2
Go Pack Go!!

NateDogPack12's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Will we ever see an improved Supersim?

You're certainly on point that this is a big problem. It also matters for career players of all types who may not want to play every down for the sake of time and yet would like to jump in when neceserry to play an important down or possession. As it stands now, you have to tinker with the quarter length to calculate a realistic snap amount based on what you'll be simming and what you'll be playing.

Let's wait until the Connected Franchise blog drops before giving up hope. This could be something they've addressed this year. There hasn't been a consistent drum beat about supersim as has been present on other features but it's an issue that's been raised. I'd bet they're aware of it.
Old 05-30-2016, 02:14 AM   #3
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroccoliCarmichael
Does it benefit the Ultimate Team? No? Then the answer is we will never see an improved SuperSim. EA is all in on these Ultimate Teams and doesn't care about any other aspect of the game.
No offense, but that is simply false. I have voiced my dissatisfaction with EA on these forums for years, and with good reason, but making inflammatory remarks adds zero value.

To the OP: FWIW, the same feature is broken in Fifa. Not because of supersim, but because there's a glitch that, in Madden terms, loads your player with a ton of XP. It pretty much ruins the idea of progression on merit. This glitch was also in the previous Fifa.

I'm sure it's on a list somewhere, but probably pretty far down tbh. Try tweeting @eamaddennfl or @rexdeafootball. I doubt you'll get details but you never know.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Old 05-30-2016, 02:56 AM   #4
Rookie

If the first play goes for 5 yards, cpu will score a td
Old 05-30-2016, 03:30 AM   #5
Rookie

kamagate's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateDogPack12
As it stands now, you have to tinker with the quarter length to calculate a realistic snap amount based on what you'll be simming and what you'll be playing.
The issue with the clock isn't really the main problem though. As you say, it's possible to still get a realistic amount of snaps in a game by reducing the quarter length. The really big issue is that the offense is totally ineffectual in Supersim. This means that playing only offense becomes way too easy as your opponent will struggle to score while playing only defense becomes way too hard for the same reason.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2016, 04:32 AM   #6
Go Pack Go!!

NateDogPack12's Arena

Yes, you're right as to the lackluster offense being the biggest problem. I had forgotten about that specifically when writing the post.
Old 05-30-2016, 05:20 AM   #7
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateDogPack12
Yes, you're right as to the lackluster offense being the biggest problem. I had forgotten about that specifically when writing the post.
That, combined with the clock barely moving during and after any play, super sim is just a big mess and has been since a year after it was introduced. This would be a surprise gem if they were to fix this.
Old 05-30-2016, 06:12 AM   #8
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
That, combined with the clock barely moving during and after any play, super sim is just a big mess and has been since a year after it was introduced. This would be a surprise gem if they were to fix this.

What's funny is I had the opposite problem using SuperSim. I used to use it exclusively for FG's for both I and the CPU and I had to stop using it because there'd be times where I'd use it for a FG with 1:30 to go in the game or half and the entire clock would run out. FG's would routinely take nearly a minute off the clock regardless of the clock situation.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »