Home

New Madden 17 video - Defensive Gap Control System

This is a discussion on New Madden 17 video - Defensive Gap Control System within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 05-30-2016, 02:20 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: New Madden 17 video - Defensive Gap Control System

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33

Only hope is that AI's offense on rookie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Only hope is that AI's offense on TODDLER"
FIFY

EDIT: Seriously though... how far can one take the "rookie level" excuse? If Rookie is the reason the lineman was taking such a stoopid angle, then everyone should recognize there is something wrong with the way the game is programmed. It must be possible to code the game in a way that represents different difficulty levels without making AI players do things that make zero sense.

There are many cases where weird plays in Madden can be attributed to difficulty level, and one can even get to believe "hey, that was probably a blown assigment".. but the movement by #71 on that video is not one of those cases. That is just bad.

Sometimes it is better to take an L instead of defending the game for the sake of defending it.

Heck, if they came out and said "yeah, that was bad... sorry; we just can't realistically program the game to account for every possible outcome so there will be some funny instances like every once in a while" then I'm sure most reasonable gamers would find that acceptable. But it is the hurry to justify or brush it away that makes it sting even more.

To summarize, if that motion was because of difficulty level then there is something wrong with the game's coding.

Last edited by msdm27; 05-30-2016 at 02:27 PM.
Old 05-30-2016, 02:21 PM   #18
Rookie

dk6663's Arena

Video ma be to soon ? It's Not on the Madden Website, with the full BLOG ??
Old 05-30-2016, 02:40 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 2

What the hell is #71 doing?
Old 05-30-2016, 02:47 PM   #20
Not an EA GameChanger

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27
"Only hope is that AI's offense on TODDLER"
FIFY

EDIT: Seriously though... how far can one take the "rookie level" excuse? If Rookie is the reason the lineman was taking such a stoopid angle, then everyone should recognize there is something wrong with the way the game is programmed. It must be possible to code the game in a way that represents different difficulty levels without making AI players do things that make zero sense.

There are many cases where weird plays in Madden can be attributed to difficulty level, and one can even get to believe "hey, that was probably a blown assigment".. but the movement by #71 on that video is not one of those cases. That is just bad.

Sometimes it is better to take an L instead of defending the game for the sake of defending it.

Heck, if they came out and said "yeah, that was bad... sorry; we just can't realistically program the game to account for every possible outcome so there will be some funny instances like every once in a while" then I'm sure most reasonable gamers would find that acceptable. But it is the hurry to justify or brush it away that makes it sting even more.

To summarize, if that motion was because of difficulty level then there is something wrong with the game's coding.

Was there a justification there? I did say "hope," implying I didn't know.

We've sent concerns about blocking based on this video to the devs.

Old 05-30-2016, 02:51 PM   #21
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
Was there a justification there? I did say "hope," implying I didn't know.

We've sent concerns about blocking based on this video to the devs.

Sorry, should have been clearer in my writing.

Justification in the sense that rookie level would not justify that motion by #71.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2016, 03:13 PM   #22
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

OVR: 0

Wow, that video is getting equally bashed in the facebook comments too...

Maybe there are funny ways around it like different difficulty settings or OL awareness or even different game speed settings?? I know I'll be having a play around when it comes out (and then the customary patch).
Old 05-30-2016, 03:15 PM   #23
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0

It's like the offense line AI is block this guy no matter what
Old 05-30-2016, 03:26 PM   #24
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

OVR: 16

XD That was funny. 71 looked like he was on the ice rink starting to run a fastbreak. The bad animations and the obvious AI blunder had that one looking quite ugly. This is why I don't go too crazy for these gameplay blogs, because gameplay is always something I need to experience before I get excited for it. Presentation and other modes are a bit different.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »