Home

New Madden 17 video - Defensive Gap Control System

This is a discussion on New Madden 17 video - Defensive Gap Control System within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 05-30-2016, 03:42 PM   #25
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: New Madden 17 video - Defensive Gap Control System

Feel like the RT was ready for a lateral, lol.

Painfully short video. These should be ESPN-style play breakdowns or something. Quick features like jukes are one thing, 'gap assignments in 12 seconds' should not be a thing - and then to feature such an error on the offensive line is cringe worthy absent the right context (ie breaking down what went wrong).

Does look like blocking didn't unfold right for the offense, RT went too wide, and Kuechly blew up the play. RB should have continued wide and his RT would have picked up Kuechly and he'd be free down the sideline until the safety and other help showed up.

I like how a lot of the blocking looks, and how the receivers blocked left (though 10 got lost in the wash a bit trying to get to his guy) but Kuechly was too deep for them to include him in the fun.

The LB on the right side (Shaq Thompson) gets blocked by a TE almost all the way back to the NFL logo.

Last edited by mestevo; 05-30-2016 at 04:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2016, 04:07 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 6

Calm down guys... These are marketing videos. As Rex stated before Madden hype season started these videos are not created from the Dev team or even for hardcore fans. We are so thirst for gameplay we are breaking down 7 second videos. I'm holding back my judgement until I actually see the game in action or see some videos from Dev that explain how these additions to the game ought to play out. I've liked everything I read and want to see then in action, a real game, before casting the first stone.
Old 05-30-2016, 04:19 PM   #27
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbomb1upc
Calm down guys... These are marketing videos. As Rex stated before Madden hype season started these videos are not created from the Dev team or even for hardcore fans. We are so thirst for gameplay we are breaking down 7 second videos. I'm holding back my judgement until I actually see the game in action or see some videos from Dev that explain how these additions to the game ought to play out. I've liked everything I read and want to see then in action, a real game, before casting the first stone.
I'm not sure what the length of the video has to do with what we saw. The fact that this play was handpicked to be shown should put it under even more scrutiny, as EA has quality control over what they release. I'm not sure what context would make what we saw in this particular video "ok" or understandable. There's even high school football players commenting on that Facebook post saying that what's in the video is insane. Despite the length, the video shows that this can happen in the game, which is concerning.
Old 05-30-2016, 04:30 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexicon
I'm not sure what the length of the video has to do with what we saw. The fact that this play was handpicked to be shown should put it under even more scrutiny, as EA has quality control over what they release. I'm not sure what context would make what we saw in this particular video "ok" or understandable. There's even high school football players commenting on that Facebook post saying that what's in the video is insane. Despite the length, the video shows that this can happen in the game, which is concerning.
The Devs making the game have no control over the content released. As stated before by Rex after we saw the poor sizzle trailer that Marketing controls the early videos released. And I doubt any of them talking about sealed blocks or looking for force defenders. The play was a total mess and whoever decided it properly displayed Gap play should have been fired.
Old 05-30-2016, 04:35 PM   #29
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
The Devs making the game have no control over the content released. As stated before by Rex after we saw the poor sizzle trailer that Marketing controls the early videos released. And I doubt any of them talking about sealed blocks or looking for force defenders. The play was a total mess and whoever decided it properly displayed Gap play should have been fired.
Again, I'm not sure I understand why it would matter if the clip were chosen by one of the devs are not. This video was pulled from Madden 17. It's not like, had the devs picked a different clip that didn't show this, it would magically not be in the game. It's not like we shouldn't frown upon this because it was chosen by the marketing team and not Rex or Clint. One way or another, we were going to find out, whether it be at launch or before. At least now we can be aware that these things are still an issue before we make our final decision. In a way, it's good that this clip was released.
Old 05-30-2016, 04:37 PM   #30
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
I mean who ever controls it doesn't matter, the problem is the offensive line AI
Old 05-30-2016, 05:01 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 0

Should the CB play so wide, even as force player? Looked like he got wider when back was still 15 yards away.

#71 was awful, but seal from inside out by #67 looked good.

Read and react is nice, but hopefully the reading and reacting happens faster on higher difficulties...the safeties kept dropping a couple extra steps despite what the offense was doing, and the rb already having the ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2016, 05:40 PM   #32
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Hard to say that when a dev did the voice over....

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »