Home

New Madden 17 video - Defensive Gap Control System

This is a discussion on New Madden 17 video - Defensive Gap Control System within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 05-30-2016, 10:08 PM   #57
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: New Madden 17 video - Defensive Gap Control System

Just played a game where I ran a strong-close quick toss and the play looked like it set up for a long td run except for the RT chipping at the safety who was the only defensive player that could make a play.The RT disengaged while the FB saw he was being 'blocked'and decided to just keep running but basically ran right past the safety being disengaged.The outcome being that the play got blown up.

I think we all have seen enough of this and would be surprised when there comes a time when we don't anymore.
Old 05-30-2016, 10:26 PM   #58
Rookie

GoJags904's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
I get that and I'm fine with those ratings determining things, but if ratings are low a "loss" animation should happen, not the tackle completely ignoring the most immediate threat to the play.
I'm lost because there's an animation fix in-game. If EA programs the AI to pick up blocks correctly, the "loss animation " you're referring to could be the same as the kickoff return team one. On Kickoffs when a player gets beat he gets ran over/trampled instead of blocking on the return. If ratings trigger losses, use that and fix the AI please.
Old 05-30-2016, 10:54 PM   #59
Rookie

jgreengutta's Arena

Guys calm down... It wasn't #71 fault its #10 fault... #82 and #10 block the same guy on the play... Emmanuel Sanders should have blocked Luke Kuechly but yea the assignments need to be fixed
Old 05-30-2016, 10:58 PM   #60
Rookie

jgreengutta's Arena

Just looked at it gain... even though #82 and #10 blocked the same guy #71 should have blocked Luke Kuechly

yep ... this needs to be fixed asap
Old 05-31-2016, 06:40 AM   #61
MVP

OVR: 1

i understand devs are not dialled in with marketing but frankly this is a screw up by sale & marketing, no way, even this short that i would put something out like this without checking with the techies

on the play side id love to know the awr of the RT. i think if it was 75 plus the block may have been better, then again if the oline/fb etc have low awr i would expect the play to be blown up
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2016, 07:37 AM   #62
Rookie

Greenblood60's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
I was half joking the other day when they dropped the first vid and had the big text on screen, when i said that they did it to cover up the other action taking place. Now im starting to believe that they are doing it purposely so that we won't analyze what else is happening on the field.
I could see that approach for the first vid, which showcased the ball carrier moves. Showcasing the gap play wouldn't be the intention and would garner unwarranted criticism ( that was premature ), but in a vid showcasing defensive gap control, having text written over the actual gaps the defense is controlling is asinine. That and the fact that the only thing that you could see clearly was the tackle ignoring Kuechly and allowing him to make the play.

They inadvertently highlighted poor AI on the part of the offensive line; that's all they highlighted. I can't see whether the gap play is improved at all because of the huge text plastered all over the play.

These vids aren't for us. They're intended to generate hype and advertise certain features that will be in the game, but they ( Tiburon ) are not at the point where they are ready to really show those improvements.
Old 05-31-2016, 08:15 AM   #63
MVP

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenblood60
These vids aren't for us. They're intended to generate hype and advertise certain features that will be in the game, but they ( Tiburon ) are not at the point where they are ready to really show those improvements.
Which is a bit of irony given that the feature showcased is something a casual likely isn't even aware of. They should have just stuck to showcasing the different tiers and types of moves they implemented. They're perfect for these little bite-size peeks at gameplay. But in any case it's a good thing to know before hand in regards of things to look for when real gameplay gets here.
Old 05-31-2016, 09:07 AM   #64
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

I think to show gap assignment they should have shown the gap responsibilities instead of pass coverage

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »