Home

New Madden 17 video - Defensive Gap Control System

This is a discussion on New Madden 17 video - Defensive Gap Control System within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2016, 11:23 AM   #65
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: New Madden 17 video - Defensive Gap Control System

Clint responded on this issue just now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2016, 11:31 AM   #66
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Clint responded on this issue just now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Appreciate it JP but it's a long standing issue that I have no confidence will be fixed for 17. Sure the WR missed the crack back but at that point any lineman worth his weight in salt will attempt to block the first threat, in this case Keuchly.

#71s assignment was the safety so that's the only guy he "sees" that's my problem with run blocking
Old 05-31-2016, 11:37 AM   #67
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Appreciate it JP but it's a long standing issue that I have no confidence will be fixed for 17. Sure the WR missed the crack back but at that point any lineman worth his weight in salt will attempt to block the first threat, in this case Keuchly.

#71s assignment was the safety so that's the only guy he "sees" that's my problem with run blocking
Yeah I don't think it will be fixed when 17 ships since this has been a problem before.
Old 05-31-2016, 11:57 AM   #68
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
Yeah I don't think it will be fixed when 17 ships since this has been a problem before.
At least Clint acknowledged it though so I know he'll work on it in the future.
Old 05-31-2016, 03:04 PM   #69
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid

It was explained to me years ago that the reason tiering the defensive play calling couldn't be implemented in the near future was that the offensive assignments are tied to the defensive play call. In other words, your offensive players know the defensive call and are blocking based on that info. Tiering the defensive calling would require a complete rewrite of the offensive assignments.

I have to guess that this is the problem here... offensive players are blocking what they know to be the defensive assignments... not areas, 1st defender to show, etc. So if one player misses his assignment, there's no organic adjustment. As far as that pulling tackle is concerned, that's the WRs responsibility despite how the play may unfold. Clint seems to confirm that's still the case.
Old 05-31-2016, 05:10 PM   #70
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
It was explained to me years ago that the reason tiering the defensive play calling couldn't be implemented in the near future was that the offensive assignments are tied to the defensive play call. In other words, your offensive players know the defensive call and are blocking based on that info. Tiering the defensive calling would require a complete rewrite of the offensive assignments.

I have to guess that this is the problem here... offensive players are blocking what they know to be the defensive assignments... not areas, 1st defender to show, etc. So if one player misses his assignment, there's no organic adjustment. As far as that pulling tackle is concerned, that's the WRs responsibility despite how the play may unfold. Clint seems to confirm that's still the case.
True it's just an old design decision that we are still paying for.
Old 05-31-2016, 06:14 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexicon
Again, I'm not sure I understand why it would matter if the clip were chosen by one of the devs are not. This video was pulled from Madden 17. It's not like, had the devs picked a different clip that didn't show this, it would magically not be in the game. It's not like we shouldn't frown upon this because it was chosen by the marketing team and not Rex or Clint. One way or another, we were going to find out, whether it be at launch or before. At least now we can be aware that these things are still an issue before we make our final decision. In a way, it's good that this clip was released.
As I stated before, marketing selected the video not the Devs. This is a tweet from Rex about the missed block. Everyone chill out.

@houstonfan9229 @EAMaddenNFL Early build marketing is capturing from. I agree with your feedback. It will not ship this way.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (211.9 KB, 63 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2016, 06:30 PM   #72
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbomb1upc
As I stated before, marketing selected the video not the Devs. This is a tweet from Rex about the missed block. Everyone chill out.

@houstonfan9229 @EAMaddenNFL Early build marketing is capturing from. I agree with your feedback. It will not ship this way.
Was it a missed block, or was he hellbent to get to the safety?

I see Sanders make a beeline right into the muck, I assume to get to Kuechly. Luke veers around the left and "the man assigned to block him" is not available. #71 is doing his job, which based on the play call, looks like is to block the safety...so he's going to get him.

There's no spatial awareness in Madden. #71 doesn't go "where THEE HELL is Emmanuel?!!" and pick up his guy.

That won't happen in retail? I dunno about that..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »