Home

New Tackle Battle GIF

This is a discussion on New Tackle Battle GIF within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2016, 05:39 PM   #73
Go Pack Go!!

NateDogPack12's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: New Tackle Battle GIF

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
That's exactly what I'm asking for. Also it is something we've seen before, it's the same dice rolls that have played out for the past how ever many years, except now if the user pushed the button he has a better chance to break or make the tackle. I'm not acting like tackle battle is some brand new mechanic in the game like a lot of people are.

Also railing probably doesn't mean the same thing where I'm from but I can't assure you I'm not trying to rail any developers.
Look, your arguments are just nonsense. There is no evidence Gurley lost all forward momentum from this clip. He's driving his legs and / or running forward the whole time. The incoming lineman comes from off screen. We don't know how much momentum he has built up. Furthermore, he could have stopped willingly in anticipation of participating in a gang tackle or a strip attempt. Guys don't just fly around NFL fields with reckless abandon. You don't want to take out your own guys. There was a lot of traffic in this clip that could account for a defender slowing down.
Old 05-31-2016, 05:56 PM   #74
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
So where's the button prompt?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridiron
Not included cause I think they know how we're going to react to that.

I understand the marketing department's need for arcade-y "Box Features", but why we can't turn off the visual prompts while (possibly) developing a workaround for them this year is beyond me...

I'm looking at YOU, Drive Goals...

#teamcleanscreen

Last edited by KingV2k3; 05-31-2016 at 06:00 PM.
Old 05-31-2016, 05:56 PM   #75
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

Quote:
That's exactly what I'm asking for. Also it is something we've seen before, it's the same dice rolls that have played out for the past how ever many years, except now if the user pushed the button he has a better chance to break or make the tackle. I'm not acting like tackle battle is some brand new mechanic in the game like a lot of people are.

Also railing probably doesn't mean the same thing where I'm from but I can't assure you I'm not trying to rail any developers.
While you aren't "acting like it's new," you are "railing" on it. As far as I know, only one person who is active on this forum has played this game for a good amount of time. We haven't played the game, nay, haven't even seen real-time gameplay. Let's just chill out, EA Play is right around the corner. All of us can save the hysterics for the CFM news.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2016, 05:57 PM   #76
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

They've added a whole lot of things this year that most of here will enjoy. They also will always add some things each year that a lot of us will flat out hate. That is the stone cold reality of this game.

It's a persons prerogative to have a low threshold for going to the "every year with Madden..." card, when things they hate are added or certain mechanics are still sub-par, but man, people are just dooming themselves to serious disappointment every year. It is what it is.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 05-31-2016, 06:00 PM   #77
Pro

Ampking101's Arena

OVR: 8

Man I do not like the look of this. It looks ugly and certainly has near zero fluidity. The tackle break from the DB looks somewhat natural (albeit the worst tackling form I've ever seen but let's chalk that up to taking a poor angle) but that dline man interaction looks horrible. The way Gurley comes straight out of a spin, gets hit by the DB and has lost all momentum, even with the poor angle of the lineman that should be won, he pulls his arm away and the linemen just gives up and falls down beaten. I understand they haven't fixed tackling yet but in real life that dline man would have wrapped his arms around Gurley and dragged him to the floor, that would turn into a fight for yards, not a complete breakaway, its especially concerning when apparently all he has to do is pull his arm forward to completely beat the lineman.

I'll chalk it up once again to just flavor footage and it being a GIF but I was 100% excited for this madden after the blogs that were released and now I'm coming back to Earth a bit. I have not been a fan of the way they have been showcasing the ball carrier mechanics, tackle battle would have made more sense if it was tied to the fight for yards trait and truck or elusive ratings and played out naturally rather than relying on who can press buttons the quickest. I really want to be wrong but these mechanics are screaming aggressive catch on 16 at release with zero risk and all reward. We've seen Gronk do it, we've seen Antonio Brown do it, and we've seen Gurley do it all with the exact same efficiency and success. Marketing gotta make sales, really hope that is all this is. *crosses fingers*

Last edited by Ampking101; 05-31-2016 at 06:07 PM.
Old 05-31-2016, 06:14 PM   #78
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateDogPack12
Look, your arguments are just nonsense. There is no evidence Gurley lost all forward momentum from this clip. He's driving his legs and / or running forward the whole time. The incoming lineman comes from off screen. We don't know how much momentum he has built up. Furthermore, he could have stopped willingly in anticipation of participating in a gang tackle or a strip attempt. Guys don't just fly around NFL fields with reckless abandon. You don't want to take out your own guys. There was a lot of traffic in this clip that could account for a defender slowing down.
You got it boss I'll let it ago
Old 05-31-2016, 06:36 PM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateDogPack12
I am sorry but Gurley is almost upright in the clip. Yes hes driving his legs, but based on the angle of his legs hes using only his calves. A tackle break like that would not happen on a Dlineman who outweighs him by at least 50lbs. Plus the Dline tackle animation is poor at best.

We can only give opinions on what we have seen. Looking at that clip, the break tackle animation looks poor. Now I know its early and I hope it is improved.
NHL- Blackhawks
Soccer- Eh
Old 05-31-2016, 06:38 PM   #80
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyCrap
I am sorry but Gurley is almost upright in the clip. Yes hes driving his legs, but based on the angle of his legs hes using only his calves. A tackle break like that would not happen on a Dlineman who outweighs him by at least 50lbs. Plus the Dline tackle animation is poor at best.

We can only give opinions on what we have seen. Looking at that clip, the break tackle animation looks poor. Now I know its early and I hope it is improved.
There's no room for dissenting opinions here it isn't the Supreme Court

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »