Home

New Tackle Battle GIF

This is a discussion on New Tackle Battle GIF within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2016, 12:04 PM   #17
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0
re: New Tackle Battle GIF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
It won't happen. Gurley shouldn't be breaking a tackle from a Defensive lineman.
I mean in this situation, where he is hit and has all his momentum stopped then hit again, no he shouldn't break that linemans tackle.
Old 05-31-2016, 12:09 PM   #18
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: New short Tackle Battle GIF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
It won't happen. Gurley shouldn't be breaking a tackle from a Defensive lineman.
I don't think so either.

That clip as a whole is just bad. He finishes a spin and is on one leg and about to be blindsided by Acker who latches on and then falls off like he's paralyzed and then Dial grabs on does the same thing. I don't even know which one is supposed to be where the tackle battle occurs. I guess since they are supposed to be only 1v1's that this could also possibly not even be an instance of tackle battle taking place.
Old 05-31-2016, 12:17 PM   #19
Pro

Rams_3's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: New Tackle Battle GIF

I think the name "tackle battle" is a problem. I've played football alot growing up. Never in my life has a coach said "ok, everyone get in two lines so we can tackle battle". Dude would've been fired on the spot.
Old 05-31-2016, 12:30 PM   #20
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rams_3
I think the name "tackle battle" is a problem. I've played football alot growing up. Never in my life has a coach said "ok, everyone get in two lines so we can tackle battle". Dude would've been fired on the spot.
At the same time, real-life football coaches also aren't in the business of selling retail products to consumers who lack intimate knowledge of the subject matter.

Catchy names such as "Tackle Battles" are meant as attention grabbers aimed at the Johnny Walmarts of the world, not at the armchair quarterbacks who are part of the core audience and are already buying Madden regardless.

Generally speaking, the concern over tackle battles is kinda mystifying to me, but what do I know.
Old 05-31-2016, 12:35 PM   #21
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
At the same time, real-life football coaches also aren't in the business of selling retail products to consumers who lack intimate knowledge of the subject matter.

Catchy names such as "Tackle Battles" are meant as attention grabbers aimed at the Johnny Walmarts of the world, not at the armchair quarterbacks who are part of the core audience and are already buying Madden regardless.

Generally speaking, the concern over tackle battles is kinda mystifying to me, but what do I know.
Apparently a lot more than everyone else. Tackle battles are dumb bc they don't happen in the NFL. In real life tackle battles are called football, also people don't want buttons popping up over their players heads breaking immersion, and from this video it looks like the tackle battles are don't really care about weight or momentum.

The game still has a chance to be good if they deliver on the new code mechanics but what do I know
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2016, 12:40 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg_Jets
Woof. Good effort by 53.
Old 05-31-2016, 12:50 PM   #23
Rookie

Cyborg_Jets's Arena

Quote:

It sounds cheesy in theory. This first gif doesn't look great. The next thing will be seeing gameplay.. and then finally playing it ourselves.

Everyone is just going by past experiences.. When things have sounded gimmicky or cheesy in the may/june rollout stage.. most of the time they have ended up being on the lame side. (Not every time obviously.. but there are a lot of examples in maddens history. (game flow, pro tak, fight for the fumble..etc.)

I still very much trust this dev team however. Im hoping clint is right and we will like the tackle battles.
Old 05-31-2016, 12:52 PM   #24
Pro

Rams_3's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:

I dig that. Totally agree with a "catchy name" to sell a product. It just sounds silly. They're better off just saying we redid tackle animations such as 1on1 and so on. Hopefully its better than pro-tak.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »